• True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
View attachment 2926784
IMG_20220206_144249.jpg
I just want this sooner than later.
The thin EP at the toe is such a key detail!

Those who don't care about shape, EP height etc., will settle for anything JB puts out as we've seen.
Agree with your quote accept for this ^ . I have only a few pairs of 3s. 07 Fire red, 11 WC and the 18 BC. I also still have my 94 WC as well. Purchasing those to me does not equate to "settling" . Its buying a shoe that I wanted so bad and taking what I got. And yes, still enjoying them for what they are. We dont know when and what JB gonna do next. Trust me I want the OG shape and all that for sure no question. But I did not "settle" for anything more than I took what I could get.

Agree with your quote accept for this ^ . I have only a few pairs of 3s. 07 Fire red, 11 WC and the 18 BC. I also still have my 94 WC as well. Purchasing those to me does not equate to "settling" . Its buying a shoe that I wanted so bad and taking what I got. And yes, still enjoying them for what they are. We dont know when and what JB gonna do next. Trust me I want the OG shape and all that for sure no question. But I did not "settle" for anything more than I took what I could get.

I mean...according to what you wrote...you did settle. :lol:

This is literally the first clear picture of OG 3s I've seen in this thread. Everybody was posting low quality pics that look like they came straight out of the 80s lol. With that said, it's cool just like the current shape is cool. Y'all have been at this for 2 days now. Let's move on people

Fair.

And no one still gonna be happy at the end of the day. :lol:
Thank you for being reasonable and considering the point some of us have made.
The thing is....if Nike made them as close to the originals as possible, everybody would be happy. Both those who don't care about the shape, as well as OG purists.

Those who don't care about shape, EP height etc., will settle for anything JB puts out as we've seen.

I’m cool with the shape, I just want slim EP. The high crap ruined these for me, even with that clear bottom that I’m not that fond of
DC172485-0970-49A7-AACE-C6A47922F5BD.jpeg

This is even before the newest mold and these still look great.

Ehhhh tell that to the people that complain about the XI shape after they finally fixed it and it looks great. After 2 decades of looking like knockoffs. It’s a generation of kids that only know the thick EP lines just like they only knew the low PL height. You can’t please everyone no matter what you do. It is what it is. With that said I hope they continue to improve the mold.
The LATEST III mold is pretty darn decent. The back and forth and moaning from some of us was about the most recent BC and other OG colorway retros. At least that’s what I was talking about. As of today we still haven’t seen a good OG colorway retro in forever. Hopefully Fire Reds change that.
As for the new “kids” who grew up with that crap mold (and others such as the bad XIs) and that’s now why they prefer it: Perhaps that’s true, but if JB had never jacked them up in the first place for no good reason, then the newer fans of the shoe wouldn’t feel that way. They didn’t look like that because the audience was asking for them to look like that.

God dang this thread has been busy. Lot of good reading and laughs going through this last few pages. The newer 3s look nice in their own right imo. I wish we had gotten that AMM shape, tongue and EP height starting with the '18 Black Cement 3s. I love my pair but I was pretty salty when they decided to improve the 3 AFTER that release.

Also to beat a dead horse:
Sleek and aerodynamic OG shape >> current improved shape >>>> steel toe banana boat shape

I mean...according to what you wrote...you did settle. :lol:
Yeah lol. But I like what I got though. I guess the way I think of settling in this regard is *****ing about the release a month leading up to, still getting a pair. Anything I have purchased I have actually liked over all . If I don't and still buy, then I just settled.

I passed on the 2018 retro and don’t regret it one bit. They are the true definition of a butchered retro. I am happy for the folks that like them. I know some copped because of Nike Air but even that could not convince me to buy a pair. JB needs to put hoopfr3sh in charge of designing the 3’s. He obviously gets it and his work is amazing.

Shape talk is so redundant. JB isn’t going back to what they were in 1988, don’t matter if you complain or not. EP is completely different, they only need to put a smaller cut on the front which should actually save them money :lol:

And you can’t knock people who actually don’t like the OGs shape, some pictures they look good, some pictures they don’t. Just like pretty much everything. All about angles.

What did everyone think of the mold/shape and materials on todays anniversaries?

I High Varsity Red 85’ (Retro) (2 Years)
1644255581892.jpeg

I Laser 30th Anniversary (7 Years)
1644255529791.jpeg

2012 Wolf Grey (10 Years)
1644255457096.jpeg

XVIII Black Sport Royal (18 Years)
1644255488134.jpeg

III White Cement (34 Years)
1647440171853.jpeg

Last edited:
I passed on the 2018 retro and don’t regret it one bit. They are the true definition of a butchered retro. I am happy for the folks that like them. I know some copped because of Nike Air but even that could not convince me to buy a pair. JB needs to put hoopfr3sh in charge of designing the 3’s. He obviously gets it and his work is amazing.

You’re comparing a 1 guy doing a 1 off, to a factory in China making 1,000,000 pairs of shoes per week for multiple companies. Be thankful of the craftsmanship we get at this point :rofl:

I personally don't mind the discussion; where else can we have such discussions ;-). I like the sleek OG shape for sure, but still enjoy my '18 BC despite the bad EP and shape. I'm shocked the WCs haven't retroed yet, and that the FR3s are coming first. I also noticed in the pic above that the NA is off center like everyone complained on the BC4s from '19. I think people forgot that NA was never centered ;-).

Anyway, looking forward to finally getting a 3 with the current shape as I haven't bought a 3 since the BCs. Hope the FR aren't too hard to acquire.

You’re comparing a 1 guy doing a 1 off, to a factory in China making 1,000,000 pairs of shoes per week for multiple companies. Be thankful of the craftsmanship we get at this point :rofl:
Thats pretty much how they looked back in 88 when being mass produced. I doubt the factory technology has gone in reverse mode the past 35 years..but the will and greed certainly has.

Man is not doing commissions right now. I got some 94's that could use his skills.

Back
Top Bottom