What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
That coupon really helped. Finally got the 3s for below NYC retail+tax. Read up on some fake checks, looked at each photo, and asked other friends - everything looks legit with a receipt. I've actually been burned before with a fake pair of another shoe but eBay and PayPal protects the buyer and I got my refund quick. No money lost, so I'm not that worried.

eBay is still good, it's the best finding slightly used/vnds pairs of sneakers that aren't hyped anymore. Some sellers buy from estate, garage, thrift sales and don't know what they're listing. That's when you can get a steal. Those that sell on those other shoe sites generally know what they're selling and their value.

Lol y’all doing it wrong. It’s true if you just want to log on and buy a pair of DS kicks in 2 minutes then might as well use stockx. If u want a better deal then eBay is gonna be the way to go, it just takes a little patience and persistence. Stockx is fine, it just cost more in exchange for convenience

You couldn't have said it better. Glad to see some older heads chiming in on this as well. It was a wasteland before stockx and goat and you had to be on your game buying kicks online. It was honestly what made it so fun, the hunt for that good condition pair for the steal. I would search for weeks on end, and I still do for some really old stuff that I've been wanting. I also remember people trying to scam others on Instagram saying "oh ya just send payment as gift bro and I'll ship". All stockx and goat did was take away the risk.

I think its a generational thing as well.

For a lot of us we grew up on Ebay, it was the best online marketplace for shoes for a long time. Its what we are accustomed to using and we have no problems with it. Now people are growing up with StockX and hypebeast culture at an all time high. When I use the bay Im not looking to pay top dollar, Im looking for a deal and Im looking for older releases. Anybody can get money and spend it but its another thing to purchase an item you truly want for a price that youre truly happy with. I see what a lot of cats pay for kicks on here and I know after the initial high of purchasing wears off they have buyers remorse.

I like browsing the Bay and wheeling and dealing with folks until I get the item I want at my price point. I have no problem walking away from deals and if theres anything Ive learned its to be patient.

For others they want to go to StockX or FlightClub and grab the shoe they want and be done with it. Thats fine too. Both have their merits.

I’ll still look on eBay before stockX and goat but these always priced about those two so it makes me deal those two sites if I’m not saving anything because some dude on eBay wants to make $5 more bucks or he feels prices on those sites are too low when they’re actually market price

Can’t take em off

Attachments

• E7F0F7A1-B89B-4D29-93D0-39A43196F707.jpeg
    E7F0F7A1-B89B-4D29-93D0-39A43196F707.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 44
it also depends what u really want to buy, the condition of the product, size, colorways, and quantity (one of or samples) ebay will be good for 1, stockx for another, grailed for another, goat for something etc. there’s many factors for which place u choose to buy whatever product.

Lol.
You can always ask for receipt, pics and educate yourself checking videos/comparing them to a pair you bought at store. Fakes are pretty easy to spot nowadays and btw you are protected by PayPal if you receive a knock off.

These things means nothing to a professional scammer. They sell receipts right in front of the stores now in days
it also depends what u really want to buy, the condition of the product, size, colorways, and quantity (one of or samples) ebay will be good for 1, stockx for another, grailed for another, goat for something etc. there’s many factors for which place u choose to buy whatever product.
Goat seems to be the highest priced of them all.

Last edited:
When it comes to ebay, I’ve bought real cyber Monday 1, white cement 4, Black Cement 4, infrared 6, and Bordeaux. I’m one of the detail buffs who follow a shoe release from rumor to release. I also am one of the annoying detail buffs because my eye is so good. Feedback can help, but it’s not certain. You have to ask questions of the seller and tell them the shoe is coming back if it’s fake. Ebay is also a good place to bargain. Also, regular people are more likely to bargain than the ebay stores who have higher prices. Also post in NT legit check forum.

Last edited:
When these dropped, I had a pair secured about 50 miles away, as I'm in a smaller sneaker market, and as I was hoping to double-up, I stopped in a parking lot on the way back to try SNKRS. I got a CC notification 4 minutes later, so was very pleased, but never got any type of Nike confirmation. Had a chat with them in the afternoon, and I was given an order number and told to just wait for the e-mail. Nothing yet by Monday, CC auth still there. Cc auth disappeared Tuesday, contacted Nike again, they told me there was no order and that order number was not existing. Contacted corporate, who could not do anything apparently, but did not want to let this go. Had them open an incident ticket, took them a week to get back at me, and told me nothing they could do. I explained to them it would have been fine had I not gotten an order confirmation from their rep, and pretty much told the this was all on them, as there was an order, as was provided an order number and then they messed up. Eventually got one of their elite team members to get back to me and told me he had been able to find a pair. I told him of he could apply any discount for the trouble, it would be appreciated. Got a CC auth for around 170 within the hour, so he applied a 20% discount code to it and expedited shipping. Shoes got here yesterday. I was not planning to let them screw me on this one, so if you ever have this happen, just fight them and don't let up.

I’ve heard multiple times that on good pairs(not talking about stiff ones) of the 2018, the leather softness(not look or texture) is as nice as the 2001 pair if not VERY close. Is this true?

These things means nothing to a professional scammer. They sell receipts right in front of the stores now in day

Goat seems to be the highest priced of them all.

Can't help but think this is the reason why people get scammed...smh. EBay is selling their tags and you can lock the tag yourself. Talk about selling fakes with a Stock X tag with the verified authentication card...

Screenshot_20180309-181724.jpg

When these dropped, I had a pair secured about 50 miles away, as I'm in a smaller sneaker market, and as I was hoping to double-up, I stopped in a parking lot on the way back to try SNKRS. I got a CC notification 4 minutes later, so was very pleased, but never got any type of Nike confirmation. Had a chat with them in the afternoon, and I was given an order number and told to just wait for the e-mail. Nothing yet by Monday, CC auth still there. Cc auth disappeared Tuesday, contacted Nike again, they told me there was no order and that order number was not existing. Contacted corporate, who could not do anything apparently, but did not want to let this go. Had them open an incident ticket, took them a week to get back at me, and told me nothing they could do. I explained to them it would have been fine had I not gotten an order confirmation from their rep, and pretty much told the this was all on them, as there was an order, as was provided an order number and then they messed up. Eventually got one of their elite team members to get back to me and told me he had been able to find a pair. I told him of he could apply any discount for the trouble, it would be appreciated. Got a CC auth for around 170 within the hour, so he applied a 20% discount code to it and expedited shipping. Shoes got here yesterday. I was not planning to let them screw me on this one, so if you ever have this happen, just fight them and don't let up.

Fortunately for you that this happened on a super GR release that many who could not resell may have just returned. This would definitely not be the case for super hyped releases unfortunately.

Good for you

Back
Top Bottom