Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Would you put these at least above the 2012s?

OH GOD YES!! Everything about the 2012's was trash. The nubuck, height, shape, branding, EVERYTHING. The only good thing about them, was the retail price.

I actually have been meaning to post this video, but I keep forgetting. I wonder why....

:lol:

Anyways, THIS was the ONLY time the 2012's EVER looked good...

On foot... Not on foot...

JUST EVER.

And the jeans were helping about 90% of it.

I’m still holding on to hope that these will be a great retro, or at least a lot better then the last couple of retros released. I’m done worrying about JB making retros spot on to OG’s, because it’s never going to happen.
This what I'm saying exactly

I’m still holding on to hope that these will be a great retro, or at least a lot better then the last couple of retros released. I’m done worrying about JB making retros spot on to OG’s, because it’s never going to happen.

1999, ain't OG man.

|l

Last edited:
We got the slanted netting back after years of waiting, maybe theyll throw us a bone and kick the height up. Theres still hope and I cant see any reason for them not to atleast make an attempt. It cant look any weirder than it currently is. Plus this is the first 4 in a long while that has a nubuck upper so they have to draw up a new die for these anyway ... Doing nothing is just pure complacency and laziness. And dare I say, unforgivable. Especially knowing this is it for these for years and years and the next chance at a decent retro is way off in the distance.

Metallic 5s infrared 6s and concords/space jam level effort is what I would like to see. Those all have flaws and major differences from the ogs yet are great modern retros. No reason they can’t put forth the same effort on these.

We got the slanted netting back after years of waiting, maybe theyll throw us a bone and kick the height up. Theres still hope and I cant see any reason for them not to atleast make an attempt. It cant look any weirder than it currently is. Plus this is the first 4 in a long while that has a nubuck upper so they have to draw up a new die for these anyway ... Doing nothing is just pure complacency and laziness.

The 1999 retro, should've sat the standard. Instead, the model got progressively worse. It's currently at it's all-time lowest, IMHO. I'm not asking for a ***damn OG, ALL I want is an improvement. They could raise the height, and it could be even TOO high, like the patent leather cut on the 2016-17 11's. All I want them to do is make an ******' effort. That's it.

Please let these have proper height and durabuck panels with the grey edges. IT CANT BE LIKE THOSE PAIRS IN THE VIDEOS

45B1DF01-8391-4A3B-BE9B-5FBBF03C6E1A.gif

The 1999 retro should've sat the standard. Instead, the model got progressively worse. It's currently at it's all-time lowest, IMHO. I'm not asking for a ***damn OG, ALL I want is an improvement. They could raise the height, and it could be even TOO high, like the patent leather cut on the 2016-17 11's. All I want them to do is make an ******' effort. That's it.
Thats the thing though. All of these remastered OGs apparently drew inspiration from the first retros of them. . So in a way, not making these like the 99s would go against what theyve been doing. What bothers me is the 3s though. They did nothing to change those and Im afraid theyll do the same with the 4s.

(The concord 11 is the odd one out since it was modeled after the samples thank god) (and the 3 for the reason above)

nevermind im dumb, totally forgot about the wc4

This is probably not gonna go well

You most CERTAINLY did, tonytobacco tonytobacco ....

We went from this....

63597195093-air-jordan-4-retro-white-black-010026_1.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-White-Cement-1999-Product.jpg

To this ****.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

011540_1.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-White-Cement-2016.jpg

The take down that model has received over the years, is just downright disgusting.
|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

If these come out with the lower cut can we please make a statement by editing the thread title to say "Air Jordan IV Low "Black/Cement"

You have ALL of my votes.

:lol:

You most CERTAINLY did, tonytobacco tonytobacco ....

We went from this....

63597195093-air-jordan-4-retro-white-black-010026_1.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-White-Cement-1999-Product.jpg

To this ****.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

011540_1.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Retro-White-Cement-2016.jpg

Looks like they want to eventually make the cement wing straight up come out of the cement midsole

Kind of like how you noticed that theyll eventually start sewing the toe rand stitch into it.

I think I just created actual low 4s. Dont you dare, Gentry. I know youre watching

It's never going to be like it was in 1989 or 1999.

That's a fact and is what it is.

Either buy them....or don't. Someone else will buy your pair. Shoes back then had flaws too but we didn't care because we were kids.

Please preach brother.....I bet if we had an OG pair on our hands right now we would tear that **** up with our critiques from a adult perspective....but we didnt care we were kids....happily existing with the hottest kick around on our feet.....plain and simple with this release....buy it or dont....more for the rest of us....you ain't getting a perfect pair from the heavens

Looks like they want to eventually make the cement wing straight up come out of the cement midsole

Kind of like how you noticed that they'll eventually start sewing the toe rand stitch into it.

I think I just created actual low 4s. Don't you dare, Gentry. I know you're watching

JRepp23 JRepp23 , I think THIS is their ACTUALLY goal by 2020.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Cheap-Travis-Scott-x-Air-Jordan-4-Khaki-Black-White-To-Buy.jpg

Yes, I know these are fake... I'm just using this picture in reference to the shape, and height. Absolutely disgusting.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

It’ll happen. 10 years ago NTers here saying Nike Air was never coming back
Beat me to it :lol:

I don't EVER want hear about what JB is "never" going to do on these forums, not after all the years of pessimists telling us to stop complaining because Nike Air coming back was "never" going to happen.

Especially knowing this is it for these for years and years and the next chance at a decent retro is way off in the distance.
Dude. That's the one thing I'm torn on. By the time these come around again, I'll be close to 50. If they suck as bad as the fakes posted so far ... I'll pass or get one pair just because of what I said. Right now I'm more excited to grab the white/blue snakeskin low 11s than I am these. That's effed up.

Back
Top Bottom