Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Say it aint so...
Screenshot_20190425-205234.jpg
ABBDA15F-4EB2-4E4C-BA95-FAF006889A6E.gif

I think I defected from JB around 99. I was pretty lukewarm about the 14's and still am. I was more on the A.I. train.
Loved the Answer 6s.

Be careful guys these shoes have a loose insole

A lot of Nike’s sneakers come this way I don’t know why
I had to crazy glue the insole to the shoe on the left foot
I appreciate they aren't glued down. I've had several pairs with insoles glued crooked. And sometimes people need special insoles than just stock.

Lol y'all got me feeling old... still got a few of these laying around... kids think this is just an icon nowadays lol... 1.44MB storage!
20190425_203652.jpg
Kids these days have no clue what that is. My 11yo nephew didn't know what a VHS tape was or that you had to "rewind" it.
Say it aint so...
So....basically Air Flight 89s. Those don't look terrible honestly.

Also....Napster, Limewire, Frostwire, Kazaa, torrents.

My father was a computer engineer by trade and may have been the first to personally introduce me to
"the internet" via a program/browser called Prodigy as early as the late-'80's or the very beginning of the '90's.
Thank you Dad! 8)

I remember him showing me current weather radar & forecasts and it was not very exciting for me. :lol:
By '93-'95 internet was getting much more common but still nothing like today or even the late '90's.

prodigy_logo_crop.png
I still remember my Prodigy login!

Really loving the 90s nostalgia in this thread.

Last edited:
1987 my mom wrote a check with order form into Eastbay for white/ black 2’s, sat by the driveway for 3 weeks waiting and white/ reds show up, devasted and almost kept them. Might as well call China to get anything done, have to mail back shoes with return form with hopes for the best and 3 weeks later got em. Things are a lot easier now but man those were the times.

On a side note anybody remember when footlocker had the goal over the register? I cracked a backboard and got banned. Lol

1987 my mom wrote a check with order form into Eastbay for white/ black 2’s, sat by the driveway for 3 weeks waiting and white/ reds show up, devasted and almost kept them. Might as well call China to get anything done, have to mail back shoes with return form with hopes for the best and 3 weeks later got em. Things are a lot easier now but man those were the times.

On a side note anybody remember when footlocker had the goal over the register? I cracked a backboard and got banned. Lol

Hey buddy, I definitely remember the backboard over the register. Always wanted to shoot a ball when I was in there when I was young (I'm 42 now). Those were the days!

We used to have a store called Just For Feet that had an indoor basketball court you could play on.

That used to be THE spot to grab AF1s. My best friend's mom waited hours outside to get him whites with black trim lows. Back when you didn't even really know what was coming out other than a new pair. Height of Nelly song hype lol. My first exposure to "the shoe game".

Hey buddy, I definitely remember the backboard over the register. Always wanted to shoot a ball when I was in there when I was young (I'm 42 now). Those were the days!
Can’t remember yesterday but I was in a footlocker when Mike first wore the 3’s and they were on the tv, I thought he had on air trainer 1’s, I miss not knowing what was coming. Going to the mall was like a vacation back then.

We used to have a store called Just For Feet that had an indoor basketball court you could play on.

That used to be THE spot to grab AF1s. My best friend's mom waited hours outside to get him whites with black trim lows. Back when you didn't even really know what was coming out other than a new pair. Height of Nelly song hype lol. My first exposure to "the shoe game".

1995 I walked into our Just for Feet and they had a table stacked with all the Jordan retro’s for $25 and thought that was the dumbest idea ever and kept walking.

Here in the Cincinnati area, the 99s sold out the first day. I had to work that day, and after work I went to every shoe store and mall and could only find a size 9. I was looking for 10-11.
Ended up getting them from Shoe Trends online for twice the price... the white and cement came out like a month later and were a little easier to get.

5/5 is pretty close to what I was going to say. I remember it being early May and getting mine a few days early from a mom & pop. Wore them into a Finish Line and the manager saw them and got all kinds of mad. Asked where I got them, and when I wouldn't tell him the name of the store, he went in the back and refused to wait on me. Heard him call another store and gripe about me having them. :lol:

Can confirm what @ervinshoes said. They smoked in the Cincinnati area. If they sat on NDC it's because nobody knew they were there/were afraid of ordering online. I don't remember that, though.

Yeah, I remember vividly on the Spring of 1999, FINALLY getting my Mom's to take me to Deveroe's (Cincinnati heads know) in Swifton Commons/Jordan Crossing, to get me these. This dude at my school in a grade higher then me had them. I fell in INSTANTLY, and they've been my all time favorites ever since. They were long gone, tho. It was the ONLY time my Mom's was going to get me a pair of Jordan's without me begging and pleading too.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Say it aint so...

Yeah, I seen this post on IG, yesterday. Honestly, they don't look that bad, IMHO. I instantly thought he must've forgot about these, tho.

nike-air-flight-89-black-cement-bred.jpg
bred-nike-air-flight-89-details-12.jpg

bred-nike-air-flight-89-details.jpg

bred-nike-air-flight-89-details-13.jpg

bred-nike-air-flight-89-details-12.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

Honestly, the execution could've been better, but I'm STILL salty I slept on em. They're next to impossible to find now.

Attachments

• air-jordan-iv-nike-flight-89-bred-02_nwqgan.jpg
    air-jordan-iv-nike-flight-89-bred-02_nwqgan.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 9
I still remember my Prodigy login!

Really loving the 90s nostalgia in this thread.
I'm certainly biased since I came of age in the '90s, but I honestly think the period from about '91 through about '06-ish was the greatest time. The world was advanced and advancing enough that there was plenty to do, geek out on, enjoy, play with, and be entertained by ... yet we hadn't yet reached the social media era and the oversaturated deluge of technology. We had access to plenty of information, but not TOO MUCH information. And while there are always wars and conflicts, the world was in a better place overall.

OH I remember the goal LOL

I'm certainly biased since I came of age in the '90s, but I honestly think the period from about '91 through about '06-ish was the greatest time. The world was advanced and advancing enough that there was plenty to do, geek out on, enjoy, play with, and be entertained by ... yet we hadn't yet reached the social media era and the oversaturated deluge of technology. We had access to plenty of information, but not TOO MUCH information. And while there are always wars and conflicts, the world was in a better place overall.

OH I remember the goal LOL
There was also time, time to be bored. I miss that.

When I worked at FTL we used to have a game where we couldn't close up the store for the night til one of us who was on the clock could drain a shot from the lease line. Trickier than it seems because of the low ceilings. Almost had to shot put the ball to get it in. It got to the point where some of the guys were having full-on 1-on-1 games in the store while customers were in there. Manager came in one day after someone ratted them out, and ripped the goal off the wall never to be seen again. :rofl:

Yeah, I remember vividly on the Spring of 1999, FINALLY getting my Mom's to take me to Deveroe's (Cincinnati heads know) in Swifton Commons/Jordan Crossing, to get me these. This dude at my school in a grade higher then me had them. I fell in INSTANTLY, and they've been my all time favorites ever since. They were long gone, tho. It was the ONLY time my Mom's was going to get me a pair of Jordan's without me begging and pleading too.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Got my 06 Grape 5's at Swifton Deveroes!

Why? So you can criticize them? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I mean I could criticize em, but I'll save that for another day. Most of y'all already know my complaints, and that's the height and shape. I don't really care about the misaligned, Nike Air logos. I honestly just think they haven't been posted enough in this thread. I know that's because the majority, including myself, didn't hit on that the bull**** *** shock drop. I know that'll all change next Saturday, but that **** is taking forever to get here. If I can get two pairs with a high cut, on both shoes, I'll be satisfied for now. I've noticed that the left shoe, on the majority of pairs that have been posted, have a ****** up shape ,and lower cut than the right shoe. It's really, REALLY inconsistent, and is the #1 problem with the release.

I always wanted to get ball and dunk it lol

At that time...Eastbay COD was clutch for a pre-teen, with no access to a bank account to get at those sneakers that local spots didn’t have...

I hustled my way through the neighborhood (taking out trash, cleaning yards, mowing lawns etc...) to get that COD money...

Back
Top Bottom