Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I’m on the same boat as u without the storage :lol: I’m 33, turning 34 in two months. I’ve been slowly transitioning away from buying shoes. If I do purchase a pair of shoes, it’s gonna be sub $100. The 11s at the end of the year will be my last big spend on shoes. Gotta start thinking about the future with my lady. I’m good with the black/red 1s, concord and space jam 11s, infrared 6s, Black and White cement 3s and black/red 4s as my only Jordan’s....don’t need anymore.

I see myself just burning my hard earned money away that I work so hard for that could be put aside in a money market acct or some kind of stock at Charles Schwab. Bred 11s will be my last pair. I spend over $5K a year on shoes, on myself and the family. Too much money burned.

If its a part of who you are, then why would you? :nthat::nthat::nthat:

It’s been encoded in me. I’ll forever look at someone’s sneakers when walking by no matter what they are.

There’s a finite number/list of jordans. They just won’t make them all available cuz they wanna stay in your pockets on a consistent basis

There’s more than just Jordan’s. I’m a Nike head. On top of that I will always buy the latest release of an OG colorway I love no matter how clean my previous ones are

Every time I say I’m going to take a break I end up copping 3 pairs that following month.

I’m just glad I don’t have to hide my new kicks from the wifey as she supports the hobby. Hashtag blessed.

I would always get the lady a pair to save the hostility

I see myself just burning my hard earned money away that I work so hard for that could be put aside in a money market acct or some kind of stock at Charles Schwab. Bred 11s will be my last pair. I spend over $5K a year on shoes, on myself and the family. Too much money burned.

This is awesome to hear. Best thing to do is use money to invest, increase your passive income in the future and then you can buy whatever you want later.

20190505_204925.jpg
20190505_111149.jpg

While picking up my pair at Champs dude in front of me in line had to be every bit of at least 58 years old. Jersey on, hat to the back picking up his pair. Even chopped it up with him a bit about how I need them to bring out a few pairs so I can inspect my pair first due to poor JB quality control. He agreed and says he sometimes does the same. My point is I guess it really never ends.

I’m here trying to save for a ring. My girl fortunately gets it but I know inside she’s like “all these damn shoes and I haven’t got a ring yet” :lol:

The white dura edges really make such a difference it’s heart breaking .. if it had that it would personally be so much easier to overlook some of the other flaws. Joints were OD og looking in those IG pics .. not something I could personally do. If it isn’t as easy as adding holes to them FP Grape V’s I don’t trust myself.

Last edited:
Jesus. I don’t have any of my pairs in hand yet, but all the pictures makes me want a 4th. Smh. Can’t wait, straight to feet and for the whole month minimum.

I can’t quit. This is a forever thing

I wish I could.

Like I don't remember what it was like to not care about my shoes and to just grab a whatever pair from the outlet or a discount mall chain (Rack Room, Famous Footwear, ect.). Been hooked since I was 13 and noticed my classmates on the basketball team had really cool looking shoes. It was on then....

I'm 28 now.

Only real "flaws" I noticed.
Toe caps are cut slightly differently.
And
Heel panel is cut slightly crooked on Left shoe.

Attachments

• 20190505_210626.jpg
    20190505_210626.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190505_210549.jpg
    20190505_210549.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 57
I wish I could.

Like I don't remember what it was like to not care about my shoes and to just grab a whatever pair from the outlet or a discount mall chain (Rack Room, Famous Footwear, ect.). Been hooked since I was 13 and noticed my classmates on the basketball team had really cool looking shoes. It was on then....

I'm 28 now.

I'm 33 and when I was a child I was fortunate to have grandparents that would buy me Jordans. My parents wasn't feeling it but they did it anyway the 4 releases a year. People thought I was abnormal because I loved shoes. But I soon figured out thanks to Niketalk, there is nothing legally wrong with me lol. Keep enjoying what u do. We work hard and I don't need much out of life material wise, but this shoe thing is my drug of choice.

While picking up my pair at Champs dude in front of me in line had to be every bit of at least 58 years old. Jersey on, hat to the back picking up his pair. Even chopped it up with him a bit about how I need them to bring out a few pairs so I can inspect my pair first due to poor JB quality control. He agreed and says he sometimes does the same. My point is I guess it really never ends.
It really never ends. That why the older crowd gets so much of my respect. They all could have moved on from it, but they dont cause they are true to this. Its not about how many pairs you have. All "sneakerheads" have tons of shoes. Its about real love towards a sneaker. Even if its only a few.

Had two pick up reservations and job was hectic didn’t end up going :smh:
Anywhere these still available???

The white dura edges really make such a difference it’s heart breaking .. if it had that it would personally be so much easier to overlook some of the other flaws ..

Joints were OD og looking in those IG pics .. not something I could personally do. If it isn’t as easy as adding holes to them FP Grape V’s I don’t trust myself.

Man...what's funny is that the Infrared VI has the same issue. And owning those, this feature made an impact on my decision to not purchase these. That entirely black upper with no panel separation makes the side profile become totally washed out and flat. I seriously get lost in looking at the upper of the VI....and with that, I can totally understand your point.

It made my VI purchase lackluster...I refused to sign on for another purchase that doesn't excite me once I own them. Especially for $200. No....just, no. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom