Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I see myself just burning my hard earned money away that I work so hard for that could be put aside in a money market acct or some kind of stock at Charles Schwab. Bred 11s will be my last pair. I spend over $5K a year on shoes, on myself and the family. Too much money burned.
The good thing about J's though is they're an investment that will pay back your hard earned money when you decide sell them. The key imho is to sell the entire collection at once as long you're profiting or breaking even.

The ability to keep track of the market value of your collection by building a 'portfolio' in a platform like StockX makes me keep track of the 'stock's' worth and if I want to sell anytime it's easier than ever to unload and start over because the market has just grown so immensely.

Picked up my 3 pairs from Footlocker, Footaction and Champs yesterday. I also have another pair from SNKRS which already shipped and arriving on Wednesday. I like this release, but the only detail that was missing is the grey outlining. Other than that, no complaints.

20190505_210320.jpg

'99 and 2019
20190505_214154.jpg

These foursome cemented their place in history...
20190505_214720.jpg

20190505_214751.jpg

Black based AJ3 through AJ6 with that Nike Air...
20190505_215845.jpg

The good thing about J's though is they're an investment that will pay back your hard earned money when you decide sell them. The key imho is to sell the entire collection at once as long you're profiting or breaking even.

The ability to keep track of the market value of your collection by building a 'portfolio' in a platform like StockX makes me keep track of the 'stock's' worth and if I want to sell anytime it's easier than ever to unload and start over because the market has just grown so immensely.

No way buying J's is an investment. What's worse is buying J's, never wearing them, and letting them sit there until you choose to unload them. I'd rather take my chances on the market in this current economy.

Yes, AM1 was awful from 09-16.

These arent even close to as bad. Not even remotely close.

I don't think I've even stated any sort of comparison as to how bad the toe box is between either sneaker lmao.

Either way, if dudes are willing to spend Their own money just to iron the toe box then who are you or I to judge?

-Drew

I don't think I've even stated any sort of comparison as to how bad the toe box is between either sneaker lmao.

Either way, if dudes are willing to spend Their own money just to iron the toe box then who are you or I to judge?

-Drew
You compared the two when they shouldn't be compared.

I have been retired from Jordans since 2011. :lol: Well, thats what I said back then anyway. There is always something that keeps you coming back to it. And yes, I am a homeowner with 3 rides 3 children about to be 3 grandchildren, and a wife that totally gets it. I live modest, so Js are not gonna break me.
Dude! Aren't you like 38? About to have three GRANDKIDS? Holy **** LOL

Who ***** wears Jordan’s and shorts to church? What happened to wearing a nice dress shirt and some slacks with a pair of nice Italian leather dress shoes?

May I ask who made you the fashion police? Going to church is about the message, and about faith and prayer, not who looks the best! I'm 42, and I wear dress shoes 5 days a week with my dress pants and company polo shirt (I sell cars). And my dress shoes are Dr Martin dress boots (not the chunky ones).

On Sunday, I wear my same dress pants (Savane black slacks), a collared short sleeve golf shirt and I wear sneakers. Some days it's my Chicago 1s from '94, or my Black/red 1s from 2001, my Agassi ATC IVs or even my Shaq Attaqs or others! I want to be comfortable. And guess how many people have complained about my choice in footwear? ZERO!! Our pastor says God doesn't discriminate based on fashion and we don't either. Some come in wearing jeans, or even kahki shorts. I won't wear jeans, but it's their choice and I'm 100% fine with it! Just relax on this topic. More important things in life than what others wear when it has NO BEARING on you.

I’m 34, born the year the Chicago Bears won the super bowl back in 1985. Over the years I’ve stockpile so much sneakers it ended up out the house and in storage. Someday I do plan on retiring, looking into retirement if all possible. My last purchase prolly would be the 11 breds and farewell to the shoe game. It’s expensive hobby that shouldn’t be overlooked when planning for the future.

The Bears won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1986.

To some of the dudes saying they hanging it up with jordans...i feel u & i relate ....every once in a blue a certain release will draw me back in but overall i cant do it with jordans fully ,cant say il be done with sneakers overall just more into runners from other brands (diadora le coq sportif karhu hummel brooks new balance asics kangaroos ) to give up sneakers completely ...tryna invest in property & travel...i said this blk & red 4 pair would be it for me unless they release fire red 5s ,chicago 2s (possibly that knicks 3 as well)

On a lighter & happier note, I got both SNS and END shipping notifications this morning around 8:45! So stoked to get these moving to me!

I've said it before but love repeating it. I'm one of the "old heads" at 42. Mom got me a pair of Sky Jordan 1s back in 86 (though I was too young to know who MJ was yet..). Once I started following him in '88 (went to my 1st Sixers game and I got my 1st MJ shirt, the Salem caricature one where he was doing the finger roll). That started my love for MJ and his sneakers.

It kept going year after year. Using S I magazines to see pics of his sneakers, or when I'd record all the Bulls games, I'd replay them just to pause it to see any closeup of what he was wearing (remember kids, no internet, no social media, no Kicks magazine, nothing). Only catalog was the Nike book retailers got that showed the next seasons shoes and apparel they would order and they NEVER showed them to customers.

So, 1989 rolls around, 7th grade has started and I need new shoes. My dream shoe was Agassi's Air Tech Challenge II Hot Lava. Started watching him in 88/89 and the loss to Andres Gomez at the French was crushing. But he wore the Hot Lava outfit and I wanted those (Agassi got me into playing tennis which I still do today)! Mom took me to Dimmers. It was a small mom & pop shop in the suburbs of Philly in Lansdale. This place was AMAZING!!

You walk in and the store had that new sneakers smell we all know and love. And on the walls at this time, EVERYTHING!! ATC II, Air Trainer SC, Flight Lite, Solo Flight, Flight Hi, Air Pressure! Reebok Pump, you name it. I saw my Agassi's I wanted. $79.99. Mom was cool with the price, but she game me a choice I didn't see coming!

She pointed to the one shoe in the middle of the wall...Air Jordan IV black/cement!!! She asked if I wanted these instead? Price was $89.99!! Only $10 more but still expensive!! I asked if it was okay? It was as long as I take care of them and don't beat them up. I held my end 1000%! Never wore in the grass, never when it rained. One day it started to spritz on the bus ride home. I sprinted from the bus up my driveway to keep them dry! Even used a sharpie to fill in any wear on the midsole! This shoe was my "Ground Zero" for my love of sneakers and this hobby!

So when I got my emails that said I won the raffles at both END & SNS, I was so happy and relieved about not having to stress over SNKRS or deal with going to the mall on Saturday (I work Saturday and that wasn't an option to leave at 10 am). Plus I didn't win on either FTL or Champs apps (no head start but was hoping for a waitlist).

This is a shoe I had as a 13 year old and here I am, 42 years old, been in this hobby half my life, made it through a liver transplant 15 years ago (at 27) and dealing with Crohn's disease that is REALLY bad (I've been sick since I was 16) that at 24 had my large intestine removed, that when these arrive, I get to hold a shoe and wear it which will bring me back to when life was simpler and I was a healthy young kid!

30 years is a long time between pairs (I missed the 99 release as my boss decided to have a "spur of the moment" sales meeting that Friday (remember when drops were on Fridays?)! That negated me from heading to KOP Footlocker before 10 am to get them. So I missed them, but when my 2 pairs come in this week, life comes full circle and I can go back to being that 13 year old kid with the only pair of black/cement Air Jordan IV's in Junior High! I can't wait for them to arrive! My jacket below will go nicely with it (snagged it off eBay years ago. The OG IV Twist jacket they called it). Thanks for reading my story fellas!

IMG_20190505_095844.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom