Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

No way buying J's is an investment. What's worse is buying J's, never wearing them, and letting them sit there until you choose to unload them. I'd rather take my chances on the market in this current economy.
I respectfully disagree. There are tons of people who have built decent size collections and invested, for example, $10K in one year on J's, Yeezys, and other exclusive heat and limited sneakers then turned around and sell the collection for $18K two years later. That's 8K profit in only a couple years. Or 5K, or 6K in two years. Either way, you gonna make $$ if you sell in volume. I'll take that 30-40% annual yield any day over any stock, just like I'd prefer to invest in real estate over any stock because of the higher rate of return in shorter amount of time. But it's always good to diversify with something like a Roth IRA/Backdoor Roth IRA imho.

I'm guessing I must be the only person that passed on theses. For some reason I just wasn't feeling them. Mind you, I grew up on Jordan. Actually saw him play in these. But that sentiment just didn't grab me with these releases. So I went to check them out in person on Saturday. Maybe its just me, but for some reason they looked cheap and plastic-ish. Its like the "allure" of wearing Js just didn't hit with these OGs. Maybe I'm just more picky than others but I just thought they looked ordinary. *shrugs*

You literally referenced AM1's being reshaped to justify these being reshaped.

Everyone can see your handle when you post. No need to sign your posts.

All I said was the concept of using an iron to reshape the toe box was used years back when people did it to their air maxes.

I don't see one single post where I compared how the toe box of one shoe was to the other nor do I see a post where I'm justifying it.

Lmao. Again, all that was stated by me was that the concept was done years ago. Go ahead and find my post and quote me so that I can see reason behind your accusations.

-Drew

No way buying J's is an investment. What's worse is buying J's, never wearing them, and letting them sit there until you choose to unload them. I'd rather take my chances on the market in this current economy.
Buying hyped J's and sitting on them for 6-12 months is a safer investment than any stock. Look at the Union 1s. You could have bought as many as you wanted at 500-600 in December. They are $1k now. How many stocks have doubled in 6 months? Same with ow Chi 1. They were $1k after release. Now they are 3k in 18 months. TS 1 will be the same way. Doesnt happen with every pair but it's pretty easy to see which ones it will.

All I said was the concept of using an iron to reshape the toe box was used years back when people did it to their air maxes.

I don't see one single post where I compared how the toe box of one shoe was to the other nor do I see a post where I'm justifying it.

Lmao. Again, all that was stated by me was that the concept was done years ago. Go ahead and find my post and quote me so that I can see reason behind your accusations.

-Drew
No ****, it's been done. Everyone knows that. It's been done when the toebox was way worse than these. No need with these. That's the point.

-dbl

Shoes yeah... To some that's what they are.
To others these are timeless pieces of history. These are shoes that put us in that moment when we were kids tuning in to the game on our parents big floor model tvs. We watched one of the greatest that played the game do so in the flyest kicks on the planet.

Back in those days we had no name for these sneaks... We would watch on as Jordan took the court with some new colorway or version of Jordans we never seen before. Our eyes lit up when he would take flight in these same shoes that keep us buying today.

It does some of us justice to be able to afford and purchase these shoes as JB attempt to give us similar retros to what Mike played in. Almost magical moments at least for me. These shoes are 30 plus years in the making and bring all age groups together to talk about what we remember and love about them.

It's nothing short of special to have these shoes retro as older men. To obtain these shoes in its OG form is amazing. It's feels like old friends that haven't seen one another in many many years. They finally get a chance to reunite to rekindle old times.

With that being said.... I'm glad to see the old gang back...

20190505_210845.jpg
20190505_210650.jpg
20190505_210946.jpg

Last edited:
Snkrs pair shipped. Should be here Wednesday. But too bad I can’t hold it at a fed ex facility.

:smh:

Hopefully, they deliver later in the day when I’m home.

No ****, it's been done. Everyone knows that. It's been done when the toebox was way worse than these. No need with these. That's the point.

-dbl

You in ya feelings a bit, champ. :lol:
No reason to start cursing lol.
You still have zero ground to stand on with your accusations and if I didn't know any better you look like you're getting frustrated by it.

Relax, my guy. It's just sneakers. :rofl:

-Drew

I'm guessing I must be the only person that passed on theses. For some reason I just wasn't feeling them. Mind you, I grew up on Jordan. Actually saw him play in these. But that sentiment just didn't grab me with these releases. So I went to check them out in person on Saturday. Maybe its just me, but for some reason they looked cheap and plastic-ish. Its like the "allure" of wearing Js just didn't hit with these OGs. Maybe I'm just more picky than others but I just thought they looked ordinary. *shrugs*

I feel you 1000% but contrary to you I copped. But having them in hand just does not feel right with these. Like I got some bootlegs. Shape is terrible and it's simply not the shoe I feel in love with as a kid. Most likely going to let them go or return them as that nostalgic feeling I was looking to achieve is not hitting me with this variant. My 99's brought back the nostalgia but these ain't doing it. I'm gonna give em another week though and see if something changes. Not ready to let em go just yet hahaha.

Just to add an other perspective... I will be 50 in Sept. I hated MJ all the way thru his career because his success came at the expense of my favorite team, the NY Knicks of the 90's. I wouldn't buy ANY Air Jordan product because it was a betrayal of my team and city... All these years later, after all the BS with Dolan, I'm happy to finally have a pair of these classic kicks. I did not try hard, just went thru the SNKRS app and got lucky I guess...

I was lucky and grabbed a pair of SNKRS app. Nike rep I chatted with tonight said size 15 is all that's left

I have been retired from Jordans since 2011. :lol: Well, thats what I said back then anyway. There is always something that keeps you coming back to it. And yes, I am a homeowner with 3 rides 3 children about to be 3 grandchildren, and a wife that totally gets it. I live modest, so Js are not gonna break me.
Right on bro same exact thing here (except not having grandkids anytime soon)
“Retired” from shoes in 2011ish (came back recently), own a home, 3 kids, and thankfully the wife gets it. I mean, I’ve been into shoes and all that since high school. She gets that it’s a lifestyle LOL

Right on bro same exact thing here (except not having grandkids anytime soon)
“Retired” from shoes in 2011ish (came back recently), own a home, 3 kids, and thankfully the wife gets it. I mean, I’ve been into shoes and all that since high school. She gets that it’s a lifestyle LOL

Im with you all....45 here, 2 kids, wife is cool with it. Although I've been out of the game since wayyyyy longer 2000ish

I copped Concord 11's, Infrared 6's and Bred 4's since coming back into it....

All this buying sneakers for investment talk. It really depends. If you're constantly buying kicks and rocking all of them, I don't think you can say it's that good of an investment. It's like driving a brand new car off the lot, once you wear your shoes the value drops and it's no longer "DS". I understand you can sell used shoes, but there's a big significance between new and used, so let not really get into that. If you're one of those people that have a DS collection and sit on them, then yeah okay maybe I guess I see what some of ya'll are saying, I agree. There's different types of sneaker heads. DS collection collectors who dont wear anything, people who rock all their kicks for enjoyment, the pure resellers, etc. So when someone says they feel like they're wasting their hard earned money on shoes and spending too much on it, I can see their point of view. It really all depends what they're doing with their shoes.

Shoes yeah... To some that's what they are.
To others these are timeless pieces of history. These are shoes that put us in that moment when we were kids tuning in to the game on our parents big floor model tvs. We watched one of the greatest that played the game do so in the flyest kicks on the planet.

Back in those days we had no name for these sneaks... We would watch on as Jordan took the court with some new colorway or version of Jordans we never seen before. Our eyes lit up when he would take flight in these same shoes that keep us buying today.

It does some of us justice to be able to afford and purchase these shoes as JB attempt to give us similar retros to what Mike played in. Almost magical moments at least for me. These shoes are 30 plus years in the making and bring all age groups together to talk about what we remember and love about them.

It's nothing short of special to have these shoes retro as older men. To obtain these shoes in its OG form is amazing. It's feels like old friends that haven't seen one another in many many years. They finally get a chance to reunite to rekindle old times.

With that being said.... I'm glad to see the old gang back...

20190505_210845.jpg
20190505_210650.jpg
20190505_210946.jpg
I was about to say some of my usual bull **** to several recent replies to this thread ... and you just stopped me in my tracks. I am well aware of what all these shoes are in-hand, and your quick lighting and filter there are not lost on me. But ... yeah. That's the whole point in the end. In this moment, I wish I had bought the BC IIIs and the Infrareds. I won't feel like that in 10 minutes, but the point will NEVER fade. :pimp:

EDIT: That's the thing, isn't it? Nike/JB has me and a lot of us "old timers" on the hook ... but only in certain ways ... and it's tenuous. If they just did these retros a few bucks extra on their end to really get right, I'd have multiple pairs of all of them. Instead I have zero pairs of several of them.

Last edited:
I wear my shoes. I dont double up, i dont put em on ice. I just simply wear em and clean em when i have to. Certain shoes i cant wear during the winter due to excessive snow or just muggy weather.

If the shoe starts to break down and deteriorate over time, welp thats life. Nothing i can do about it. Just gonna throw on a different shoe and move on.

Back
Top Bottom