Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Ok let's say hypothetically I had a pair of New Black Cement 4 99's. All I would need to do then is get a sole swap right? If so about how much would a swap cost and where would would you recommend I go to get it done?

Ok let's say hypothetically I had a pair of New Black Cement 4 99's. All I would need to do then is get a sole swap right? If so about how much would a swap cost and where would would you recommend I go to get it done?

Man trust me I’ve asked all these questions. At the end of the day it’s gonna cost you over a stack. Between the 99 and the donor pair plus labor. And then finding someone who’s gonna do the sole swap the right way is most important. I don’t have that kinda time money and effort to waist on this.

Man trust me I’ve asked all these questions. At the end of the day it’s gonna cost you over a stack. Between the 99 and the donor pair plus labor. And then finding someone who’s gonna do the sole swap the right way is most important. I don’t have that kinda time money and effort to waist on this.
I would not trust anyone with a pair of shoes like that really. If I couldnt pull it off myself, I wouldnt pay too have it done. Any restoration in my opinion is a gamble. I dont gamble. But I will always admire the people that do have the ability to do customs or restores.

It can be done, but you have to be careful with the durabuck, it’ll likely crack. You’re looking at about $600 for a DS pair plus donor plus labor.

Damn.. even if I found a ds pair for 200 bucks? (I actually found a pair for that much, I just have small feet I can fit from a size 8 up to a 9.

Last edited:

It’s not as hard as you think to do yourself, the main thing is patience which most people lack.

569292F4-0E7F-4FE0-BBC2-2CDEAB5E9CB2.jpeg
EFD089BC-A8A3-4A81-A744-BC9636F25461.jpeg
7EED8C6F-B7A1-4A3C-B5A5-06B407B6D915.jpeg

1894F2C7-1AFB-499D-8FDB-A0CF7A87B73F.jpeg
8B47C220-578B-4D0D-8A06-58C08C53954F.jpeg
906D510C-5D06-494D-8B89-68E8710EF2A6.jpeg
104067AA-DFEF-407C-8A85-E8144144D5AA.jpeg

Last edited:

@a1restorations on IG if he is booked he will recommended someone reputable. Copped a pair of 94 Chicago 1s swapped from him and very satisfied.

I would not trust anyone with a pair of shoes like that really. If I couldnt pull it off myself, I wouldnt pay too have it done. Any restoration in my opinion is a gamble. I dont gamble. But I will always admire the people that do have the ability to do customs or restores.

I saw that YouTuber do a restoration an a pair they looked so good to me. John Manalo, but i did some research and it looks like he retired from restorations.

I found 2 ds pairs of size 8's one guy is asking 400 bucks and the other guy is asking 200. ;_;. I'm guessing most of the total cost comes from the labor?
Yeah, the $600 is including labor and donors.

I did this with a pair of V’s and trust me it’s not worth it. Even after you swap the midsole and backtabs, the durabuck cracks easily and the netting can break. I think in any case you’re better off trying with an NDS pair, hopefully the durabuck on those is broken in. Plus with the closed cell midsole, they won’t feel like 99’s, since the newer midsoles are harder thus why they don’t crack.

Pay a professional to do it, I’ve seen plenty of sloppy swaps on the internet done by amateurs (crooked backtabs, midsoles not lining up, gaps with the soles, etc.).

Personally I would only restore a pair of I’s, III’s or VI’s, because they have less components that can break.

For real. I did one myself. Takes maddd patience and a few weekends..maybe months. Its hard to get off the old glue and glueing the new sole is tricky also
Again I say I have total admiration for people that can do this. I just think I would mess it all up. And if they were an original or early retro upper, I would be mad as hell if I screwed it all up. To much money tied up there. Along with the gamble of ruining an original upper. I couldnt do it.

Yeah, the $600 is including labor and donors.

I did this with a pair of V’s and trust me it’s not worth it. Even after you swap the midsole and backtabs, the durabuck cracks easily and the netting can break. I think in any case you’re better off trying with an NDS pair, hopefully the durabuck on those is broken in. Plus with the closed cell midsole, they won’t feel like 99’s, since the newer midsoles are harder thus why they don’t crack.

Pay a professional to do it, I’ve seen plenty of sloppy swaps on the internet done by amateurs (crooked backtabs, midsoles not lining up, gaps with the soles, etc.).

Personally I would only restore a pair of I’s, III’s or VI’s, because they have less components that can break.

This is the MAIN reason why I haven't worn my sole swapped pair of 1999's. Old Durabuck cracks, chips and fades BADLY. Hell, when I took my pair out last week, I could tell the durabuck was chipping on the top of the tongue, on the left shoe. Nonetheless, if y'all are looking for good sole swappers, check out thisccuban & mjow1999. They'll get you ALL THE WAY TOGETHER. They currently might be booked tho, so just hit em up, and be patient.

thiscuban swapped a pair of my 1999 Black Cement 4's, a pair of 2000 Black Infrared 6's, and my ULTIMATE #1 grail, the Kyle Reese Nike Vandals.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

I should be FINALLY getting my Black Infrared's back, sometime next week. So I'll post pics of those in the Black Infrared 6 thread.

8)

Again I say I have total admiration for people that can do this. I just think I would mess it all up. And if they were an original or early retro upper, I would be mad as hell if I screwed it all up. To much money tied up there. Along with the gamble of ruining an original upper. I couldnt do it.
I hear ya. I would rock a restored pair over the 19’s any day. Its not easy though. It might make sense for someone who doesn’t buy a lot of shoes maybe. I find a lot of the stuff releasing lately to be trash. Even these all Jordans look like Replicas

Back
Top Bottom