Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Doin too much imo :rofl:

Not if im interesting in trying it. Listen I respect yall rocking yall kicks as is out of the box, I'm not knocking it but theres some folks here that wanna attempt it so i'm curious how its going to turn out. Customization is nothing new in this forum. I seen ppl sole swaps & doing Nike Air tab conversions in the past so I too thought that was doing too much but ppl did it anyways & some of it came out good to me

I appreciate MJ and what he's done for the game of basketball. I still firmly believe that there is no one that can match him when it comes to determination and athleticism in regards to the sport. Tinker Hatfield's designs are incredible and timeless. The way he found inspiration thru Michael's athletic grace as well as interests (like the 6s being inspired by his Porsche) is not only amazing but inspiring as a designer myself. Then there's the history associated with each Jordan and how each represents a different milestone in MJ's career too. I'm here because I'm interested in learning more about Jordan's and the legend himself. Hopefully that answers your question.

I like this dude already. 8)

Might have to sig this reply.

This was the best explanation I ever heard not coming from a sneaker head.

I truly appreciate your response
No problem! Since anonymously hanging around niketalk during my middle school days (I'm only 18*** :lol:) I got to witness the 2011 Concord thread and all the ammonia and air randy nonsense. Since then I've learned a lot about these shoes and MJ as a player thanks to all of you here. The stories about why some silhouettes mean what they do to people here is also nice to read. Makes me nostalgic for a time I never got to experience but hearing other people's first hand accounts of their first Jordan and watching him play is enough for me. :smokin

No problem! Since anonymously hanging around niketalk during my middle school days (I'm only 18), I got to witness the 2011 Concord thread and all the ammonia and air randy nonsense. :lol: Since then I've learned a lot about these shoes and MJ as a player thanks to all of you here. The stories about why some silhouettes mean what they do to people here is also nice to read. Makes me nostalgic for a time I never got to experience but hearing other people's first hand accounts of their first Jordan and watching him play is enough for me. :smokin

Damn Haven heard the name air Randy in a while

Still hoping we get a splatter paint midsoles I like the splatter on the 4s.
Air-Jordan-4-OVO-Promo-Splatter-3.jpg

I want these badly.

Whoever said Nike Santa Monica got pairs is a damn lie. They only have a size 15. The chick said who told you we had pairs, I said NT.

I'm sorry, but where did I ever say that I personally ironed any of my sneakers? lmao.

I think you misunderstood me. I was simply just explaining the fact that ironing a pair of sneakers to reshape the toe box is nothing new. Period.

Don't lie, the shape of most retro AM1s have been trash man.

Like I've said in my previous statement, these are just sneakers. They're cool and all but you don't have to get your panties in a bunch.

-Drew
Yes, AM1 was awful from 09-16.

These arent even close to as bad. Not even remotely close.

Not if im interesting in trying it. Listen I respect yall rocking yall kicks as is out of the box, I'm not knocking it but theres some folks here that wanna attempt it so i'm curious how its going to turn out. Customization is nothing new in this forum. I seen ppl sole swaps & doing Nike Air tab conversions in the past so I too thought that was doing too much but ppl did it anyways & some of it came out good to me

Those mods are reasonable though. The soleswap, tag swap, ironing of the toebox. Etc I used to do stuff like that all thr time and I still do but trying to get that naked edge affect is so negligible and will probably happen over time as you wear your kicks and beat them up more. Its kind of unnecessary. I get it man, the need to experiment is strong but imo I'd draw the line at that. But if you wanna get that exposed edge I think a low grit sand paper would do the trick easily just gotta be careful.

Sidenote: saw an ig vid and the guy used gac and a light gray and a tiny tiny detail brush. Not sure of the longevity but happy customizing.

Last edited:
Yes. These fit a 1/2 size too big for ME just like the Infrareds.

Accurate. I have the same fit for the VI as well.

:smh: JB and their sizing. The blk/red XIV 2018 got me half size big, yet the 2016 XIV retros were true to size.

Back
Top Bottom