AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

Those IV's look nice. I may be the only one in the world who actually likes the longer shape better than that of the previous retros, I understand that itisn't true to the O.G. shoe, but I feel it makes the shoe look more sleek. No matter the size, the older ones just look like baby shoes, too short andalmost anatomically incorrect. But then again, I'm only 21, and as a 2 year old, I don't feel I could fully appreciate the O.G.'s when they firstdropped.

Anyways, copped for sure.

The thing that kills me is that the plastic triangle support things are so close to the sole of the shoe.

where is MenOfOregon coming in here defending these saying Nike doesn't have total control over how a retro turns out? "Can't control thefactories" Do these suck in the name of being environmentally conscious?

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

You tell me, from this picture, how the new shape is off. It's not, and you can't even say the toe box is any different. It's like some
respected NikeTalk member made a banana comment about the new ones, and all the "banana" riders and dudes with 2 hot pairs of the 99's started
repeating it. Back when the originals came out I was in 3rd grade and probably wore a size 7. I'm pretty sure a size 7 is going to have a different shape
than the size I wear now (14) so I'm not going to expect my new pair to have the exact shape of the pair I had in 3rd grade. Yes, it's disappointing
there is no Nike Air, but did you guys really think we'd get it? There was no way so move on. If I had two pairs of the 99's in wearable condition, I
still wouldn't pass on these. Copped x2

From that picture, it is hard to tell. But the shape is off. It starts at the toe where the first set of lace locks start. They are actually lower on
the shoe, causing the front toward the toe to start at a wierd angle. From there, you can see where the stitching is almost touching the mid-sole. On the
OG's and '99's it is much higher, creating the shape we like in this shoe. This actually pushes the top of the toe down and distorts the shape.
From there, the top of the shoe near the ankle area is lower thatn the OG's and '99's. It is lower that the original shape of the 3/4 cut shoes
from '88 and '89. This can be seen on the older shoes by seeing the distance from where the triangle straps are sewn into the upper. On the OG and
'99 there is more space between the mid-sole and the trianle strap.

You can also see a difference in where the toe cap stops between the '08 retros and the '89 and OG. On the new retros the toe cap stops shorter than
the older shoes.
Here are a few pics I have found that show some of the differences between the '06 Mars and the '99 White/cement and the OG
Military and '06 retro military. From what I ahve seen, these '08 retros have the same shape as the 2004-2006 retros: (Hopefully Zach13g and Nice
Kicks do not mind me posting their pics)

2c5153e6842343f2aff4b0dda9b4a561ed61c61.pjpg

In the pic above you can actually see how much more room you have in the '99 IV's. Also, it is hard to tell here, but the angle of the triangle is off
on the Mars IV.

a6d25ddebe834289408f56101c4ef9676d11142.pjpg

In this pic, you can see the height difference and the difference of where the straps are sewn into the upper.

18a2577ef88672bd4e8f440cd080d233f7c71d9.pjpg

In this pic, you can see the height difference in the top of the shoe. The OG is higher than the retro.

01f35843ebd88ddb28ac4002f7513f587f7b116.pjpg

In this picture you can see the height difference in where the bottom lace locks are on the OG compared to the '06 retro.

It's sad that JB would change the shape of such a great shoe. The OG and '99 retros and retro +'s are a great looking shoe. But all said, I am
still glad to have been able to buy the '06 retros and would cop this '08 if given the chance. The '99's are getting up there and will only be
a matter of time before they start to crumble due to age.

Man, these are GREAT comparison pics. I can now see the MAJOR difference in shape.
I now have more sympathy for those complaining about the shape being off b/c it is an obvious difference.
& obvioulsy the older shape DOES look MUCH better.
WOW!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MastaAce718

laugh.gif

They look exactly like the fakes we've been seeing. And people are wondering why we are hating
smh.gif
laugh.gif
I swear, I will never knock anyone for wearing fakes again. Personally, I'd rather go without, but I won't knock the next man.

And saying we should be "grateful" that they are releasing something close?
laugh.gif

Be grateful for food, shelter, breath, family, ability to earn a living...not some damn rubber, plastic and glue. Jordans are not necessities. And at thispoint, I could give a damn if they closed shop tomorrow because it really ain't too much worth buying these days anyway. I've gone from rockingJordans 90 percent of the time to about 10. If they ever decide to do them right, I'll be there.

I'm just wondering if JB wants me to buy the 23's or not.

I sold both of my mars because of the long banana shape, horrible quality and plus they aren't even fire red. I never understood why JB retro theIII's and V's in the original fire red color and made the IV's in varsity red. I was a little on the fence about this pack but it's without adoubt i will not be copping. I'm having second thoughts on those big boxy looking carmines also
laugh.gif
When it's all sad and done the only pack i will probably have is 7/16pack.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Thanks for the pics heat23 and for all you saying the shoes are this or the shoes are that.

As much as I don't like air randy for my own personal reasons and the people that know me off the message board know why.

I will say this you guys on here cry too much.

The Jordan re-retro 4's are for me perfect.

I don't care that the netting is not the same.

I don't care that there is a jumpman air and not a Nike air on the back of the shoe.

I don't care for any of that.

If that's how a lot of you cry baby's feel stop collection RIGHT NOW.

Don't line up for shoes don't log on to niketalk anymore.

But getting back to the shoes If you guys don't like these re-retro 4's you need to stop spending money on Jordan now.

Go and buy some DC shoes or vans even some greedy genius shoes.

After years and years of fake black/red 4's and real black/red 4's that have got yellowed over time and the shoes cracking we now have one of the most wanted sneakers to wear and not have to worry about them falling apart.
Why the hell are people like you sooooo concerned about people who don't like them? How do you know people's situations or what they do with their money? Ya'll are preaching this "settle" bullshii, when there are some who's standards are quite higher than that, whether you agree with it or not. People are crazy because they won't pay a unjustified markup for some **** they aren't totally satisfied with? When did this become WRONG? That's what its come to?

Telling people to stop collecting? Quite honestly, it ain't **** new to collect anymore outside the 23's. You can have the fusions, the official reproductions of fakes, and the "chase."

Seeing people complain, or "cry" as the JB fanboys would say, is no more irritating than having to scroll through a full page of "copped", "6 pairs", "
eek.gif
"....

shut up

chitown4eva wrote:
160jordansdeep wrote:
Thanks for the pics heat23 and for all you saying the shoes are this or the shoes are that.

As much as I don't like air randy for my own personal reasons and the people that know me off the message board know why.

I will say this you guys on here cry too much.

The Jordan re-retro 4's are for me perfect.

I don't care that the netting is not the same.

I don't care that there is a jumpman air and not a Nike air on the back of the shoe.

I don't care for any of that.

If that's how a lot of you cry baby's feel stop collection RIGHT NOW.

Don't line up for shoes don't log on to niketalk anymore.

But getting back to the shoes If you guys don't like these re-retro 4's you need to stop spending money on Jordan now.

Go and buy some DC shoes or vans even some greedy genius shoes.

After years and years of fake black/red 4's and real black/red 4's that have got yellowed over time and the shoes cracking we now have one of the most wanted sneakers to wear and not have to worry about them falling apart.

Why the hell are people like you sooooo concerned about people who don't like them? How do you know people's situations or what they do with their money? Ya'll are preaching this "settle" bullshii, when there are some who's standards are quite higher than that, whether you agree with it or not. People are crazy because they won't pay a unjustified markup for some **** they aren't totally satisfied with? When did this become WRONG? That's what its come to?

Telling people to stop collecting? Quite honestly, it ain't **** new to collect anymore outside the 23's. You can have the fusions, the official reproductions of fakes, and the "chase."

Seeing people complain, or "cry" as the JB fanboys would say, is no more irritating than having to scroll through a full page of "copped", "6 pairs", "
eek.gif
"....

why the hell are you so concerned about my answer................

i don't care what you do with your money and standards its just shoes champ its not that serious all star....................you really think nike give adamn what you i or anyone on this board thinks...............you don't like how the shoe turned out save your money and do something else with it if notWHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK BECAUSE NIKE DON'T i just hate to read about all the complaints and then the people cursing the shoe stillgo and buy it................maybe you will be the one to set the standards and not buy what you first complained about......................you will settrendsmy internet friend.

Damn i gotta buy those ugly a.s XIX's just to get these
smh.gif

C-O-P-P-E-D

Cats on here complain to much, how idiotic is it complain about the shoe not having Nike Air one the back... when the hell was the last time a AJIV, III, V orVI retro had Nike Air on the back.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

Damn i gotta buy those ugly a.s XIX's just to get these
smh.gif

C-O-P-P-E-D

Cats on here complain to much, how idiotic is it complain about the shoe not having Nike Air one the back... when the hell was the last time a AJIV, III, V or VI retro had Nike Air on the back.

co sign i mean i would love to have a nike air and not a jumpman on the back but if it dont happen no big deal

its not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

I like that LV comparison...I was talking with my boy over some pizza earlier about the same thing.

This shoe is dead to me.

The shot over Ehlo. All the mastery of that season. And yet I have to take a double and sometimes triple take nowadays as-is to make sure someone is struttin w/ legitness.

These? Once fall hits...they could be wearing actual CDP IV's...but they could also be wearing authenticated variants. It'll be too tough to tell.

The problem with the shoe is two-fold...sure the shape is off and it's definitely comparable to what we saw on the Mars and Military IV...but the fact there's a $310 premium price of entry makes it that much more frustrating. I know everyone here on NT is BOC and only pulls dimes...but $300+ for ONE SHOE that would retail for $125 is tough to pull the trigger on.

Don't go convincing yourself you like the XIX either.
laugh.gif
That backstory will never get a pass anyways. MJ is deathly afraid of snakes and couldn't have been happier to pass that nickname off to Kobe.

After all is said and done...I don't plan on getting this pack just off the fact I hate the XIX...but for those who do get it...I won't say anything more and please do enjoy the shoe for your own reasons.

I do understand why people are up in arms, not to say i think it makes sense, but when it comes to the point where people's impressions and memories ofthe man himself are being tainted because some changes to a damn shoe, that's ridiculous. Maybe it's just cause i'm not as hardcore a sneakerheadas others, but when i see the ehlo shot, switching hands in 91', 55 at the Garden, and other classic moments, the last thing I think about are his shoes.It's like hearing people's opinions on a baseball player shot to hell cause they found out he was juicing, which is very reasonable, but there's noway this can go to the same extreme.

laugh.gif
That backstory will never get a pass anyways. MJ is deathly afraid of snakes and couldn't have been happier to pass that nickname off to Kobe.
ive always liked the XIX's. way more then the ivs.
frown.gif
i likefutiuristic lookin shoes over simpler causal models.

I wanna get this pack, i neva had the chance to get a pair of IVs that color and the XIXs are one of my favorite pair shoes ever.

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

I like that LV comparison...I was talking with my boy over some pizza earlier about the same thing.

This shoe is dead to me.

The shot over Ehlo. All the mastery of that season. And yet I have to take a double and sometimes triple take nowadays as-is to make sure someone is struttin w/ legitness.

These? Once fall hits...they could be wearing actual CDP IV's...but they could also be wearing authenticated variants. It'll be too tough to tell.

The problem with the shoe is two-fold...sure the shape is off and it's definitely comparable to what we saw on the Mars and Military IV...but the fact there's a $310 premium price of entry makes it that much more frustrating. I know everyone here on NT is BOC and only pulls dimes...but $300+ for ONE SHOE that would retail for $125 is tough to pull the trigger on.

laugh.gif

After all is said and done...I don't plan on getting this pack just off the fact I hate the XIX...but for those who do get it...I won't say anything more and please do enjoy the shoe for your own reasons.
Exactly TeamDirk.... IF you are buying this pack, you are essentially paying 310 for a butchered pair of IV's. JB is so disrespectful!

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

metalmaned wrote:

I guess I am just realistic because if Honda decided to retro their 89 accord, it wouldn't be EXACTLY like it was when it was first made. It's a fact of life... Things change and you guys need to just start accepting it because all the complaining really isn't gonna do any good. The only way JB will change their policies is if people stop buying their products and that's not gonna happen. The fact is we (people on NT and shoe "collectors") are a small percentage of JB's customers, as long as they are making more and more money, it will never stop, just get worse...

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB here.

I hear what you're saying BUT that is like comparing Apples to Oranges. We would never be able to prove it because it's kept under wraps but I ampretty sure over the years Coke has changed their recipe, you may not have noticed it but they have changed it. It's totally different making something fortaste then it is a physical product you wear...

A better comparision would be say you have an old car and you get in an accident. If you by a reproduction fender and headlight bezel it's not going to fitEXACTLY as the original did. Manufacturing processes change and it's almost impossible to make the product that you made 19years ago EXACTLY the sametoday.

I agree that making us buy these in a $300+ pack with some shoes most of us could care less about absolutely SUCKS!!! But I'm happy the shoes are comingout so i can get a couple pairs. As I said before I would rather spend MY money on these that i KNOW I can wear rather then a pair of 99's that I HOPE Ican wear and have them stay together and even if they do for how long will they??? But that is MY personal choice.

All the hate on these shoes in this thread... I am SOOOOO tempted to take the time and go through the whole thread and write down everyone's name who sayspass and these are garbage so when they release i can air some of them out when they go out and cop them, cause we all know it's going to happen to somedegree, LOL

OMG these are so off! it looks wack! alotta peeps are gonna be wasting their money on these foreeeels... JB mess this one up, easy pass.

Repost from the last IV's Retro Thread:

Banana shape..
Purposely redirected netting..
NO NIKE AIR
Banana shape..
Shoe ultimately lowered
+ *changed the lace tabs on the newer versions....

smfh @ jb.

Originally Posted by BillyOshun

c5e36a1a2aefa3f22b72991db7bd365633c6e0ef.gif

Favorite AJ of all time. Gotta look for some '99s now or settle for these along with a 19 I could care less about.

thanx for the pix though ...
bwuhahahaha i swear i did the same freken thing when i saw the pics hahahahaha
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

HOW has anyone NOT noticed this?

The bottom lace holders are totally different.

The correct 99 retro bottom lace holders have the flared base:

And these new garbage retros have plain triangle bottom lace holders:

Even the crappy Mars and Militaries got the lace holder shape right.

JB, shame on you. These IV's are TRASH and aren't fit to start a fire with.
crappy mars? you must be out of yer mind.

Back
Top Bottom