AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

HOW has anyone NOT noticed this?
i didnt notice it until u pointed it out.

laugh.gif
i cant believe dudes are mad overthat very very very small aspect. this is hilarious.

i kinda understand the nike air thing. i REALLY understand the shape issue.
sick.gif

but dudes is talkin about the lil base of the tabs.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

and i still dont understand how the netting is different. i been staring at all the versions for about an hour and i just cant see how the netting isdifferent. can somebody MSpaint me the part thats different?

^^ I think they're arguing that the netting used to be parallel with the wings. The new netting has exactly the same position/direction (Not parallel tothe wings) as the fake 4's we're used to seeing.

Overall, I think that it was hard enough to drop $300 for a package that the 19s in it but I just can't see myself dropping $300 for THOSE 4's.I'll gladly pass and save my $300 + tax and work a few more hours and buy me a pair of 4's I'm happy with.

trust me tho, no way the black iii's will get messed up outside of no Nike Air. it always uses premium pebbled leather and i have a feelin that material helps stabalize the shape
roll.gif

I suggest you compare fire red 3s to laneys or frenchies and re-think that statement.

Originally Posted by BlackLabelBoss

Who really gives a damn? I mean how can you compare the shapes of shoes that have been worn to one that hasn't first of all? With the military's the other shoe is almost 17 years older. Going in to how the shoes look from the back and how the upper is compared and wear the straps are located, give me a break. If you wear them with pants whos gonna notice anyway? All of this will not matter once you start to wear the shoes anyway because they will begin to take the shape of the person wearing them unless you're gonna be stupid and just buy them to stare.

I dont even know why you dudes get mad with these billion dollar corparations

You know that nike and JB don't reproduce anything the way it came out the previous time. AF1's and dunks shapes arent the same shape as they were in 1981-1982 compared to now. With all this complaining and "frustration" you're going to buy them anyway so go dry your eyes and grab your lawn chairs and get ready to get in line because you're going to regret it if you don't buy em.
This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have read here on this site. But I have come to expect this here. If you don't like my post orthe point I was trying to make and the fact that I was trying to educate someone who asked on the real differences between model years, simply don't readit. No sweat. If you like this '08 retro shoe, buy it. Be my guest. I am not telling you how to spend your money. But apperently you can'tcomprehend what you are reading or else you would have read the last line in my post. Maybe now would be a good time to go back and see what I wrote.

What really comes to light in your post is the fact that you have never owned a quality Air Jordan sneaker. That is obvious. Because if you had, you wouldeasily see the differences between the older shoes and these newer retros. Only then could you understand what us so called "haters" are relatingto. It's all about having appreciation for the Original and what made the Air Jordan line great. If you truly appreciated the originaltiy and overallstyle that the first two 3/4 cut shoes (III and IV) had to offer, you would understand. I see a lot of people in here saying how far off the '99 retroswere, and they are no doubt different than the OG's. But they retained the shape of the 3/4 cut shoe. To each his own. If you like the new shoe, buy it. But do not talk nonsense about someone who brings valid information to the table. That would make you ignorant in any phase of life.

^^^ Amen. Youngins don't understand what you're trying to say. All they care about is what clothes they can match with their new 08 CD IV's.

Based SOLELY on this picture, I only like the originals and the new one's (minus the obvious Nike Air disappearance). The shape of the 99's inthis picture looks like garbage to me. I'm 6'6" and I'd have to have the fattest feet in the world for those not to look ridiculous on me. Isaw it brought up once before about the Jordan's being designed in Michael's size (i think a 14). Proportionally, they will look different based onthe size. You aren't going to tell me that they make a different sized lace holder for every size shoe to keep things proportionate. I do see all thedifferences pointed out in this picture, but I just don't think you can take 3 pictures of who knows what size shoes and make comparisons. Are they thesame as the originals, absolutely not. Is it enough for me not to buy two packs when I've been waiting forever to get these, no not for me. It'severy individuals own decision. I'm hoping everyone who wears a size 14 absolutely hates them.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

^^^ Amen. Youngins don't understand what you're trying to say. All they care about is what clothes they can match with their new 08 CD IV's.

You and your "youngin" talk. I'm 27, and this is the shoe that created my whole obsession. I'm excited to finally own a pair. Idon't have 2 pair of "fresh" 99's in my closet like half the people on NikeTalk CLAIM to have. I'll take what I can get, when thealternative is dishing out $400 for something on eBay that could turn to powder the first time I wear them. I understand your hypebeast hate, but don'tcast it over everyone who says a positive thing about these shoes.
I understand the argument to stop buying this stuff to send a message to JB. Well guesswhat? Not on this release. I've been waiting too long to be in a place where I could afford to buy myself a couple pair. My parents wouldn't buythem for me in '89, and I couldn't afford to buy myself a pair in '99. And the risk of cracking has been too much for me to buy them since. I'll start my boycott after all the CDP's.

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

the show in that pic has got to be a size 6 or 7. It is tiny.

Yeah it is tiny. I'd have to wear 10 pairs of socks to fill that thing out if it were a 14.

Originally Posted by bengleu22

You and your "youngin" talk. I'm 27, and this is the shoe that created my whole obsession. I'm excited to finally own a pair. I don't have 2 pair of "fresh" 99's in my closet like half the people on NikeTalk CLAIM to have. I'll take what I can get, when the alternative is dishing out $400 for something on eBay that could turn to powder the first time I wear them. I understand your hypebeast hate, but don't cast it over everyone who says a positive thing about these shoes.
I understand the argument to stop buying this stuff to send a message to JB. Well guess what? Not on this release. I've been waiting too long to be in a place where I could afford to buy myself a couple pair. My parents wouldn't buy them for me in '89, and I couldn't afford to buy myself a pair in '99. And the risk of cracking has been too much for me to buy them since. I'll start my boycott after all the CDP's.

You mad buddy? LOL you are 27 so how does that make you offended by my post directed at the young kids?

I have a nds pair and a used pair of 99 IV's. And guess what homie? They are both completely wearable. I played two pickup games with my IV's on andthey did not crumble or crack! No ducktales! So don't ASSUME that people on NT don't have wearable IV's from 99. It makes you look like an ____

You apparently fall into that category of you couldn't afford them when the 99s dropped. But son, you weren't a kid in 99. You claim to be 27, so youwere either18-19 in 1999? You should've gotten a f'n job homie!!!
laugh.gif

And 400 for DS IV's? These IV's are 310+ plus tax.
laugh.gif
You alsofall into the category of wanting the buy only the latest J's that come out and only on its release date. Cmon, who you trying to fool? You had plenty oftime to buy a NDS or VNDS pair of 99 IV's.
laugh.gif
But DS is the only wayfor you?

If you were such the Air Jordan black cement IV enthuisist, you would have a pair already. So quit lying to yourself. You're really not.

Maybe I know why you're offended from the young kid rant. Hmm.....
eyes.gif

You're 27. I'm 27. But that's what the similarities stop. .

Oh yeah...enjoy your IV's.
laugh.gif

quick someone call the waaaaambulance!34yo here...and i hear both arguments. But I will have to say that i will enjoy wearing these. I wore the OG's and99's and I will rock these as well. Guess this is what a forum is for ,to voice your opinion,so preach on brother preach on. I vote hellz yeah for these.

You and your "youngin" talk. I'm 27, and this is the shoe that created my whole obsession. I'm excited to finally own a pair. I don't have 2 pair of "fresh" 99's in my closet like half the people on NikeTalk CLAIM to have. I'll take what I can get, when the alternative is dishing out $400 for something on eBay that could turn to powder the first time I wear them. I understand your hypebeast hate, but don't cast it over everyone who says a positive thing about these shoes.
I understand the argument to stop buying this stuff to send a message to JB. Well guess what? Not on this release. I've been waiting too long to be in a place where I could afford to buy myself a couple pair. My parents wouldn't buy them for me in '89, and I couldn't afford to buy myself a pair in '99. And the risk of cracking has been too much for me to buy them since. I'll start my boycott after all the CDP's.

You mad buddy? LOL you are 27 so how does that make you offended by my post directed at the young kids?

I have a nds pair and a used pair of 99 IV's. And guess what homie? They are both completely wearable. I played two pickup games with my IV's on and they did not crumble or crack! No ducktales! So don't ASSUME that people on NT don't have wearable IV's from 99. It makes you look like an ____

You apparently fall into that category of you couldn't afford them when the 99s dropped. But son, you weren't a kid in 99. You claim to be 27, so you were either18-19 in 1999? You should've gotten a f'n job homie!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You also fall into the category of wanting the buy only the latest J's that come out and only on its release date. Cmon, who you trying to fool? You had plenty of time to buy a NDS or VNDS pair of 99 IV's.
laugh.gif
But DS is the only way for you?

If you were such the Air Jordan black cement IV enthuisist, you would have a pair already. So quit lying to yourself. You're really not.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

You directed a "youngin" comment at me earlier, then the most recent lead me to say something.
First of all, you're one of the lucky onesto have 2 pair of the originals and no cracking. I've heard enough horror stories to steer me away. And I'll never buy a pair of shoes to keep themDS in a closet.
My assumption about people claiming to have 2 pair was not directed at you specifically, though you took it that way. But it's amazing how many people inthe last 14 pages have 2 pair of 99's.

And you're right, in '99 I was 18....and in college on an athletic scholarship. No way to get a job, baseball and school took up way too much time. And I'm sure you know scholarships don't leave you with anything, especially after trying to pay rent in San Diego.

It's not the $400 price that scares me off today, it is the stories of people paying that and having them crumble when they try them on, becausethey've been in a plastic bag for 9 years. Again, you're lucky yours haven't. If I had that guarantee, I'd go that route. I'll pay $300because I know they won't crumble, and there is another shoe that I'll use to ball in, that comes in the pack.

I'm glad being 27 is where our similarities stop because based on your posts you are extremely judgemental. You try to lay out every human beingssituation like you did with that verbal diarrhea on page 11 of this thread and again about me.

.....It must be great to know so much about every one else. There's no hate here. None at all. I'm happy you have 2 pair of size 6.5. Find me some14's.

i didnt and do not currently own the OGs or Retros so ill take these no problem

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Those IV's look nice. I may be the only one in the world who actually likes the longer shape better than that of the previous retros, I understand that it isn't true to the O.G. shoe, but I feel it makes the shoe look more sleek. No matter the size, the older ones just look like baby shoes, too short and almost anatomically incorrect. But then again, I'm only 21, and as a 2 year old, I don't feel I could fully appreciate the O.G.'s when they first dropped.

Anyways, copped for sure.
No you aren't the only one, as I said earlier not even the 99 retros are the same as the OG so I don't understand why people love the 99so much. I also agree that every 99 retro I have seen looks stubby and like you said baby shoes.

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

Who really gives a damn? I mean how can you compare the shapes of shoes that have been worn to one that hasn't first of all? With the military's the other shoe is almost 17 years older. Going in to how the shoes look from the back and how the upper is compared and wear the straps are located, give me a break. If you wear them with pants whos gonna notice anyway? All of this will not matter once you start to wear the shoes anyway because they will begin to take the shape of the person wearing them unless you're gonna be stupid and just buy them to stare.

I dont even know why you dudes get mad with these billion dollar corparations

You know that nike and JB don't reproduce anything the way it came out the previous time. AF1's and dunks shapes arent the same shape as they were in 1981-1982 compared to now. With all this complaining and "frustration" you're going to buy them anyway so go dry your eyes and grab your lawn chairs and get ready to get in line because you're going to regret it if you don't buy em.
This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have read here on this site. But I have come to expect this here. If you don't like my post or the point I was trying to make and the fact that I was trying to educate someone who asked on the real differences between model years, simply don't read it. No sweat. If you like this '08 retro shoe, buy it. Be my guest. I am not telling you how to spend your money. But apperently you can't comprehend what you are reading or else you would have read the last line in my post. Maybe now would be a good time to go back and see what I wrote.

What really comes to light in your post is the fact that you have never owned a quality Air Jordan sneaker. That is obvious. Because if you had, you would easily see the differences between the older shoes and these newer retros. Only then could you understand what us so called "haters" are relating to. It's all about having appreciation for the Original and what made the Air Jordan line great. If you truly appreciated the originaltiy and overall style that the first two 3/4 cut shoes (III and IV) had to offer, you would understand. I see a lot of people in here saying how far off the '99 retros were, and they are no doubt different than the OG's. But they retained the shape of the 3/4 cut shoe. To each his own. If you like the new shoe, buy it. But do not talk nonsense about someone who brings valid information to the table. That would make you ignorant in any phase of life.
This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have read here on this site. But I have come to expect this here
indifferent.gif

What really comes to light in your post is the fact that you have never owned a quality Air Jordan sneakers.
roll.gif

Never owned quality? OK. My first pair was the first pair ever in 1985 bro and I own 37 pairs of kicks and that doesn't include shoes I've sold or justcompletely worn out. I know quality. I just am not as particular about those small things. These are Retros.

And I see the difference in the shoes. The point that I am making is people are complaining for a little bit of nothing because more than likely they'reprobably going to buy the shoes anyway whether or not the shape is off, the color-way is altered, whatever. They do change the shoes for a reason. If JB wantedthem to be exact they'd make them exact. And no matter what you or I have to think about the shoes, they are going to be gone within the first week.

Didnt mean to step on your toes because that was a good post, but the boys in here that are complaining and nit-picking are going to be the firsts in lineanyway.

And good job of standing up for yourself.
laugh.gif

I have a nds pair and a used pair of 99 IV's. And guess what homie? They are both completely wearable. I played two pickup games with my IV's on and they did not crumble or crack! No ducktales! So don't ASSUME that people on NT don't have wearable IV's from 99. It makes you look like an ____

You apparently fall into that category of you couldn't afford them when the 99s dropped. But son, you weren't a kid in 99. You claim to be 27, so you were either18-19 in 1999? You should've gotten a f'n job homie!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You also fall into the category of wanting the buy only the latest J's that come out and only on its release date. Cmon, who you trying to fool? You had plenty of time to buy a NDS or VNDS pair of 99 IV's.
laugh.gif
But DS is the only way for you?

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

You directed a "youngin" comment at me earlier, then the most recent lead me to say something.
First of all, you're one of the lucky ones to have 2 pair of the originals and no cracking. I've heard enough horror stories to steer me away. And I'll never buy a pair of shoes to keep them DS in a closet.
My assumption about people claiming to have 2 pair was not directed at you specifically, though you took it that way. But it's amazing how many people in the last 14 pages have 2 pair of 99's.

And you're right, in '99 I was 18....and in college on an athletic scholarship. No way to get a job, baseball and school took up way too much time. And I'm sure you know scholarships don't leave you with anything, especially after trying to pay rent in San Diego.

It's not the $400 price that scares me off today, it is the stories of people paying that and having them crumble when they try them on, because they've been in a plastic bag for 9 years. Again, you're lucky yours haven't. If I had that guarantee, I'd go that route. I'll pay $300 because I know they won't crumble, and there is another shoe that I'll use to ball in, that comes in the pack.

I'm glad being 27 is where our similarities stop because based on your posts you are extremely judgemental. You try to lay out every human beings situation like you did with that verbal diarrhea on page 11 of this thread and again about me.

.....It must be great to know so much about every one else. There's no hate here. None at all. I'm happy you have 2 pair of size 6.5. Find me some 14's.
The people who disgusts me on NT is the ones who don't even want to care about the real story on these CD IV's. And that they just think NikeAir is a two letter word, and hates on the haters.

Real talk, if you like it, buy it. But not even trying to hear what all the righteous haters is trying to say, is the ones ruining the the quality of Jordanstoday. (and the typical retaliation to that comment is "IT"S ONLY SHOES lol).

If you along with others just don't know, then you fall into the "new-age." simple as that.

And there we go with the assuming again. Size 6.5? my size is 13-14. Usually college graduates don't fall into the trap of assuming.
laugh.gif

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have read here on this site. But I have come to expect this here
indifferent.gif

What really comes to light in your post is the fact that you have never owned a quality Air Jordan sneakers.
tired.gif
roll.gif

Never owned quality? OK. My first pair was the first pair ever in 1985 bro and I own 37 pairs of kicks and that doesn't include shoes I've sold or just completely worn out. I know quality. I just am not as particular about those small things. These are Retros.

And I see the difference in the shoes. The point that I am making is people are complaining for a little bit of nothing because more than likely they're probably going to buy the shoes anyway whether or not the shape is off, the color-way is altered, whatever. They do change the shoes for a reason. If JB wanted them to be exact they'd make them exact. And no matter what you or I have to think about the shoes, they are going to be gone within the first week.

Didnt mean to step on your toes because that was a good post, but the boys in here that are complaining and nit-picking are going to be the firsts in line anyway.

And good job of standing up for yourself.
laugh.gif

Gentry is that you?
nerd.gif

everyone's situation is different. i know people who had nds prs crack. so it's really the luck of the draw. and as homie said... find us big sizes(13and up) then talk about getting 99 iv's. i've rarely seen 99 iv's in a 13 in NDS condition for less than 350.00. if you find a pr please let meknow. as i said earlier i had 3 prs. i got them back in 02-03 before the price boom.9had to get rid of 2 and 1 i got scammed out of) for the 3 i payed a totalof 480.
eek.gif
1 sz 11 1 sz 12 and a 13 all nds - vnds. that will NEVER happen today. people are selling beat to death prs for 200+

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

metalmaned wrote:
I guess I am just realistic because if Honda decided to retro their 89 accord, it wouldn't be EXACTLY like it was when it was first made. It's a fact of life... Things change and you guys need to just start accepting it because all the complaining really isn't gonna do any good. The only way JB will change their policies is if people stop buying their products and that's not gonna happen. The fact is we (people on NT and shoe "collectors") are a small percentage of JB's customers, as long as they are making more and more money, it will never stop, just get worse...

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB here.

I hear what you're saying BUT that is like comparing Apples to Oranges. We would never be able to prove it because it's kept under wraps but I am pretty sure over the years Coke has changed their recipe, you may not have noticed it but they have changed it. It's totally different making something for taste then it is a physical product you wear...

A better comparision would be say you have an old car and you get in an accident. If you by a reproduction fender and headlight bezel it's not going to fit EXACTLY as the original did. Manufacturing processes change and it's almost impossible to make the product that you made 19years ago EXACTLY the same today.

I agree that making us buy these in a $300+ pack with some shoes most of us could care less about absolutely SUCKS!!! But I'm happy the shoes are coming out so i can get a couple pairs. As I said before I would rather spend MY money on these that i KNOW I can wear rather then a pair of 99's that I HOPE I can wear and have them stay together and even if they do for how long will they??? But that is MY personal choice.

All the hate on these shoes in this thread... I am SOOOOO tempted to take the time and go through the whole thread and write down everyone's name who says pass and these are garbage so when they release i can air some of them out when they go out and cop them, cause we all know it's going to happen to some degree, LOL

you can put 3thamans name down first. If you catch me with these I'll walk to Oregon and kiss Gentry's $+% personally. Yours too.

Back
Top Bottom