Air Jordan IV Military First Look Vol. Kixandthecity

I bought my pair today. I like these better then the 2006s. They blue is way different on them. It's like a Matte Blue instead of the semi gloss on the 2006. Hopefully it's solving the cracking problem.

like these, but after my 2006's midsole paint chipped after 1 ware i will def pass on these. paint chipping made me not buy a bunch of J's lately. i cant buy a pair of shoes that literally fall apart after one ware.

What they should've done with the IIIs and IVs is put a layer of some other material underneath the paint of the soles. Same color, so they look good even after being chipped. Ohh well :/

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Wow, times have changed. People are saying they don't even like the CW now. I mean, I understand not being happy with the quality/aesthetics, but where has this hate on the actual color blocking come from all of a sudden?

When these were fresh out the box and on feet back in '89 they were one of the best looking shoes around -maybe it's just a generation gap, but this CW is dope as hell to me.

I think the terrible quality of the last retros has diminished Jordan fan's appetites for these -if they'd have been released with decent quality and shape alongside the two other IVs back in 1999, they would be on people's grail lists for sure.

But then again, you're all going to buy them anyway ...regardless of what you're saying now 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I remember people loving Militarys back before they came out in 2006. All of the sudden, everyone hates them.
The bolded and underlined is exactly why I'm a bit scarred with them.

The 2012 version looks better though.

If I can get them on sale, I will pick them up for sure.

If these somehow sit (doubtful) I'll think about it, but between both KOs and the Obsidians, my June is booked for now as far as J's go.

Originally Posted by mrkane

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Breds are all that matter.

Gonna save the hassle of copping these for those. Lord knows I'll need it.
pimp.gif

one of my favorites of all time top 3. never had a pair. too young for 1989s and 1999 were too expensive. CDP are expensive too and quality doesnt justify it. MUST COP come Black Friday 2012

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by mrkane

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Breds are all that matter.

Gonna save the hassle of copping these for those. Lord knows I'll need it.
pimp.gif

one of my favorites of all time top 3. never had a pair. too young for 1989s and 1999 were too expensive. CDP are expensive too and quality doesnt justify it. MUST COP come Black Friday 2012
cosign on this here.. ive been tempted to buy the CDP's but I just cant 

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

I hope I can get my hands on these. I beat my 06s to death. By that, I mean I wore them about seven times >_>
laugh.gif
Some shoes have shorter lifespans.

still trying to decide on these...I love 4's dont get me wrong but all this damn blues this summer.... Well we will see. If not then i will try to pick up something I missed (concords, Cool grey 12) I need some 13s mane!!!!

I know that the 2006 Military's quality wasn't that good either, but is it better than the quality on the new ones? (For those of you that have seen both)

still on the fence about these im trying to see these in person so i can make my decision.. but im gonna try and get those lbj9's that drop on the 2d and if i do im passing for sure no matter if i see them in person or not cause that 250 plus price tag is gonna hurt a little cause i still have to pick up the obsidians

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

saw them in person today....eh....local spot was asking $200 flat....passed

Not a bad price to get them 2 weeks early. If I could find them at that price right now, I'd definitely pull the trigger to avoid all the chaos come release day. 

i cannot wait for these! I'm guessing they will continue to use the same mold that has produced the 2012 4's to run a lil larger huh? If you got um, please comment on my previous statement. Thanks

Well now I am not sure if I can get these since I will be on the hunt for the cavs when I get my money, i prefer black shoes. IDK how much my upcoming tat will cost though so if it is cheaper than the $600 budget I gave my artist, I will scoop these for sure. I also have someone grabbing me one of the KOs this Saturday and holding them for me. My check will disburse on the 8th but it will take a few days to get to my account so..... Hopefully the reseller prices are not ridiculous (the reason I will look for the Cavs when I finally get my check). This is an OG colorway, and they have tweaked it to be pure white instead of off white so I can see that going against my favor. 
I sure as hell won't pay more than $210, which is $20 more than I would pay from an online retailer who charges tax and shipping

Originally Posted by MichaelClearyVI

Usually wear a 12.5-13 but a size 12 on this years Playoff 12's fit perfectly... should i go with a 12 on these?

Yeah. These will fit a little stiff but you'll break them in

Saw these today and was actually impressed with the quality compared to the 2006's. Nothing amazing, but the leather seemed much nicer, and the tongue and ankle padding was thicker. Still not enough to bring me back, but these are well done. I think the 2006 4's were so cheap ($115 if I recall correctly) compared to other releases at the time simply because they WERE cheap, and JB knew damn well they couldn't charge more than that. These still aren't worth $160 though..

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Saw these today and was actually impressed with the quality compared to the 2006's. Nothing amazing, but the leather seemed much nicer, and the tongue and ankle padding was thicker. Still not enough to bring me back, but these are well done. I think the 2006 4's were so cheap ($115 if I recall correctly) compared to other releases at the time simply because they WERE cheap, and JB knew damn well they couldn't charge more than that. These still aren't worth $160 though..

115 was the retail back then for them. im passing on the 2012. i still have my pair and didnt care for them after buying them in 2006. worn like 3x and been in the box for 5 years. it would be a dumb move to buy another pair now.

My spot asking for $250 but they only have a 10.5 and imma 11, idk if I want to pay that even though it is a week early

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by dwEEb813

grey seems too dark.

35cg61l.gif

2006 Retro vs. OG.......... Which grey is darker??  
Survey says....... 
jordan-4-military-og-retro-12.jpg

Air_Jordan_4_military_2012_W-11__15132_zoom-600x398.jpg
So you guys are saying the leather on the 2006 release if an off-white and not a regular white?

Back
Top Bottom