Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

safe to say the release of these wont be as hectic as the concords?
not at all. i see the reception of these kicks being on the same level as the white cement 3s of this past year. like the 3s, these will come out roughly the beginning of the year. they'll definitely sell out shortly after release, but they should not be that hard to find. 

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

safe to say the release of these wont be as hectic as the concords?
not at all. i see the reception of these kicks being on the same level as the white cement 3s of this past year. like the 3s, these will come out roughly the beginning of the year. they'll definitely sell out shortly after release, but they should not be that hard to find. 

air4life wrote:
Born in 83?!?  How about born in 73!!  Forget about retirement.  I have a wife, I have two kids, I have a career and I still like Jordans(I blame it on the look my mother gave me when, as an impressionable youth, I held a pair of Is up, and sheepishly looked for her approval only to have her say, "64.99?!?!?  Boy have you LOST YOUR MIND?!?!).  In all seriousness, you will never retire.  You will just cut back. I don't buy nearly the amount of shoes I used to buy.  But every now and then, a release will pique your interest and you will be back on the hunt.  A true blue 3, a concord XI..etc.  As far as this 4 goes, I will definitely purchase multiples of it.  It was and is my favorite colorway of my favorite model of Jordan. The concord is a close second.  There will always be something to bring you back.  Now I'm not saying if you have issues with your mortgage, junior needs braces, or momma wants a new whip to go blow your money on Jordans.  I'm just saying if you love Jordans like most of us do, that love doesn't disappear because you have creeky knees and can't dunk anymore. Born in 83...Man, you guys missed the REAL MJ when he was in his heydey.
This was very nicely put. It's true though. No one ever really quits. I thought I did. The last pair of kicks I bought in stores were the stealth 23s. I went off to college and saw that I had more responsibility and what not. Couldn't afford to waste money on shoes just for the sake of having them. Passed on some classics. Then the Flint 13s came back. Had to have em. Since then, I got the wolf grey 5s. But then came the concord release. Waited 6 hours and didn't even get em. Smh. The fact that these shoes help you connect to a part of your childhood is something that'll keep me with JB for years to come.

air4life wrote:
Born in 83?!?  How about born in 73!!  Forget about retirement.  I have a wife, I have two kids, I have a career and I still like Jordans(I blame it on the look my mother gave me when, as an impressionable youth, I held a pair of Is up, and sheepishly looked for her approval only to have her say, "64.99?!?!?  Boy have you LOST YOUR MIND?!?!).  In all seriousness, you will never retire.  You will just cut back. I don't buy nearly the amount of shoes I used to buy.  But every now and then, a release will pique your interest and you will be back on the hunt.  A true blue 3, a concord XI..etc.  As far as this 4 goes, I will definitely purchase multiples of it.  It was and is my favorite colorway of my favorite model of Jordan. The concord is a close second.  There will always be something to bring you back.  Now I'm not saying if you have issues with your mortgage, junior needs braces, or momma wants a new whip to go blow your money on Jordans.  I'm just saying if you love Jordans like most of us do, that love doesn't disappear because you have creeky knees and can't dunk anymore. Born in 83...Man, you guys missed the REAL MJ when he was in his heydey.
This was very nicely put. It's true though. No one ever really quits. I thought I did. The last pair of kicks I bought in stores were the stealth 23s. I went off to college and saw that I had more responsibility and what not. Couldn't afford to waste money on shoes just for the sake of having them. Passed on some classics. Then the Flint 13s came back. Had to have em. Since then, I got the wolf grey 5s. But then came the concord release. Waited 6 hours and didn't even get em. Smh. The fact that these shoes help you connect to a part of your childhood is something that'll keep me with JB for years to come.

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

quick question to anyone born 1983 and before....

with these and the concords coming out this year... are any of you thinking of making these your retirement shoe? home mortgages, kids, and life > what jordan brand has turned into

I was born in '84 and can after next year I can semi retire. The thrill is mostly gone and Ive probably had every colorway I've ever wanted at one point or another (and in the case of Concords, will have owned 6 pairs of after this Friday). I want to start focusing on more important things such as strengthening my credit, buying a nice house for myself, and traveling. The loss of interest is why I sold off a majority of my original Jordans...pretty soon, not many of them will not be wearable. Then you have nothing but a piece of leather and rubber that takes up space.
Not to mention that the shoes arent going anywhere. If you're successful and feel the urge to start collecting again, you can spend every once in a while without it damaging you. If I do buy older retros, Im strictly going to buy 1985 and 1994 Jordan 1s and 1995/2001 Black Red XIs.

'82 what it do. Year of the Doggystyle. Eh heh heh heh.

My girl made me realize a lot of things. We're starting to become more serious (6 months dating) and
last weekend at a holiday party, my girl got pretty damn tipsy and said,

"Will you marry me babes? If i propose to you... would you say yes?"

YiKE!

Girl always talmbout kids and stuff.

In my mind, i'm thinking, "Damn those Cement IV's would look good with that italian broadcloth cardigan."

I ain't growed yet.

: P But it looks like my shoe retire-ship is just peaking on the horizon there. Since i don't get into kobe's and
lebron's like that and by 2014... all the jordan heat that i've ever wanted to will be release by then (tentatively)

I should be done before the center of this decade.

82 fam!!!

For me I won't retire after these but once some of these 12's come out I might. I really just want to complete the OG colorways of the 11's 12's and 13's. My 11's will be complete with the columbia's and the 12 will be complete with the playoffs and obsidians. 13 are complete.

But of course if something nice comes out I will grab a pair but the days of doubling up are LONG gone.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

quick question to anyone born 1983 and before....

with these and the concords coming out this year... are any of you thinking of making these your retirement shoe? home mortgages, kids, and life > what jordan brand has turned into

I was born in '84 and can after next year I can semi retire. The thrill is mostly gone and Ive probably had every colorway I've ever wanted at one point or another (and in the case of Concords, will have owned 6 pairs of after this Friday). I want to start focusing on more important things such as strengthening my credit, buying a nice house for myself, and traveling. The loss of interest is why I sold off a majority of my original Jordans...pretty soon, not many of them will not be wearable. Then you have nothing but a piece of leather and rubber that takes up space.
Not to mention that the shoes arent going anywhere. If you're successful and feel the urge to start collecting again, you can spend every once in a while without it damaging you. If I do buy older retros, Im strictly going to buy 1985 and 1994 Jordan 1s and 1995/2001 Black Red XIs.

'82 what it do. Year of the Doggystyle. Eh heh heh heh.

My girl made me realize a lot of things. We're starting to become more serious (6 months dating) and
last weekend at a holiday party, my girl got pretty damn tipsy and said,

"Will you marry me babes? If i propose to you... would you say yes?"

YiKE!

Girl always talmbout kids and stuff.

In my mind, i'm thinking, "Damn those Cement IV's would look good with that italian broadcloth cardigan."

I ain't growed yet.

: P But it looks like my shoe retire-ship is just peaking on the horizon there. Since i don't get into kobe's and
lebron's like that and by 2014... all the jordan heat that i've ever wanted to will be release by then (tentatively)

I should be done before the center of this decade.

82 fam!!!

For me I won't retire after these but once some of these 12's come out I might. I really just want to complete the OG colorways of the 11's 12's and 13's. My 11's will be complete with the columbia's and the 12 will be complete with the playoffs and obsidians. 13 are complete.

But of course if something nice comes out I will grab a pair but the days of doubling up are LONG gone.
happy.gif

I hope these are easier to get than the Concords. My connect let me down for that release so now I am a bit nervous. If these are like the white cement 3's should no problem for most. 

I hope these are easier to get than the Concords. My connect let me down for that release so now I am a bit nervous. If these are like the white cement 3's should no problem for most. 

Missed the Cement 3s only cuz I was lazy. The FL @ the mall where I copped my Concords got a restock and when I called dude had a size 11 for me but i passed. Hoping its the same so i can sleep comfy and show up 2 hours b4 they open.

Missed the Cement 3s only cuz I was lazy. The FL @ the mall where I copped my Concords got a restock and when I called dude had a size 11 for me but i passed. Hoping its the same so i can sleep comfy and show up 2 hours b4 they open.

Pre ordered these today.. For the past 2-3 years I been looking on and off for the '99 white/cements in a wearable condition for under $400 with no luck. Drops the week of my birthday too, these should be sweet... Still want 99s in addition tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom