Air Jordan IV with "NIKE AIR" logo back again in 2014?

Hi everyone,new member here from Greece!
smile.gif

Ok,as you see from my username I'm an IV-only collector.I had the originals as a kid back in 1989 and I cherished them,but unfortunately I missed them when they were first re-issued in 1999 with the legendary "NIKE AIR" logo...
frown.gif

The whole thing for me started in 2002 or 03 when I just wanted to buy a new pair of sneakers and I wondered what if Nike made them again...I'd definitely buy them.Little did I know back then that a few years before they were indeed re-issued!!!
mad.gif

Anyway,I have some mint 1999 IV examples in my collection,but unfortunately due to their value I won't risk wearing them.In 2012 I bought some pairs but I was very disappointed with the Jumpman logo they had.I really don't like it at all.According to my opinion,the originals were absolutely  P E R F E C T  as they were.

So,what are your thoughts,do you think Nike will indeed do the right thing and re-release them in 2014 just as it did with the 3s this year?From what I've read so far it is possible,but nothing solid yet...Does anyone know something?

P.S. Please forgive me if my English isn't that good...It's not my native language.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,new member here from Greece! :smile:

Ok,as you see from my username I'm an IV-only collector.I had the originals as a kid back in 1989 and I cherished them,but unfortunately I missed them when they were first re-issued in 1999 with the legendary "NIKE AIR" logo... :frown:

The whole thing for me started in 2002 or 03 when I just wanted to buy a new pair of sneakers and I wondered what if Nike made them again...I'd definitely buy them.Little did I know back then that a few years before they were indeed re-issued!!! >:

Anyway,I have some mint 1999 IV examples in my collection,but unfortunately due to their value I won't risk wearing them.In 2012 I bought some pairs but I was very disappointed with the Jumpman logo they had.I really don't like it at all.According to my opinion,the originals were absolutely  P E R F E C T  as they were.

So,what are your thoughts,do you think Nike will indeed do the right thing and re-release them in 2014 just as it did with the 3s this year?From what I've read so far it is possible,but nothing solid yet...Does anyone know something?

P.S. Please forgive me if my English aren't that good...They're not my native language.

more than likely Jordan Brand will release a 25th anniversary edition of the black cement 4 to celebrate the shot over Craig Ehlo

A pair of black cement IVs with correct materials and NIKE AIR would make up for almost all of the disappointment they have put me through the last decade. I would even forgive a jumpman on the bottom and the L.A. Gear type "netting" they use on them. I would buy two pair and I never buy multiples of any shoe anymore.

As the 88 3s shown and quieted the naysayers.....eventually Nike Air will make its return on J's.....

Last edited:
^yes

that is the correct answer (hopefully)
The reintroduction of NA branding was done to celebrate the 25th anniv of the dunk contest but I dont think it will be 25th anniv from now on. I think it will be random. But since the Bred IVs are my fave I hope you are right

It's the only way JB can survive ! They are running out of colorways and ideas to retro, the only way they can milk people is to re retro everything with nike air again to survive another 5 plus years

more than likely Jordan Brand will release a 25th anniversary edition of the black cement 4 to celebrate the shot over Craig Ehlo
My thoughts exactly.I think it's only logical to do this...
A pair of black cement IVs with correct materials and NIKE AIR would make up for almost all of the disappointment they have put me through the last decade. I would even forgive a jumpman on the bottom and the L.A. Gear type "netting" they use on them. I would buy two pair and I never buy multiples of any shoe anymore.
I couldn't agree more with you ...In fact when I got a pair of White/Reds in 2012 I returned them immediately because of this L.A. Gear thing.They looked horrible in this color combo,couldn't stand it at all...Fortunately things were better with the Breds and the White/Cement.
The reintroduction of NA branding was done to celebrate the 25th anniv of the dunk contest but I dont think it will be 25th anniv from now on. I think it will be random. But since the Bred IVs are my fave I hope you are right
Maybe,but I'd like to think it'll be the same 25th anniv. in 2014...
It's the only way JB can survive ! They are running out of colorways and ideas to retro, the only way they can milk people is to re retro everything with nike air again to survive another 5 plus years
What would be very cool is offering the customers total customization of their favorite Jordans! "NIKE AIR"  or "Jumpman" logo,original color combos or custom etc. etc Just like they already do with some sneakers from the NIKE line as far as I know.Please JB think about it!

A question: When the Jordan 3s with the NIKE AIR logo were introduced in February,were they a special order,or anyone could buy them from the online Nike store? I know they were more expensive (like $200 if i remember correctly) but I'm not sure about how someone could buy them...

It was a special release online. Released online(25years later) the exact date and time that Jordan did the free throw lane dunk that we see on the retro cards on the earlier retro 3s. There was also a restock later

Last edited:
The main reason i think that there will be a 25th anniversary edition of the black cement 4s is because "The Shot" solidified the fact that the Bulls werent just another early exit playoff team. If memory serves me correctly, it was one of the first times that the Bulls made it to the second round of the NBA Playoffs. also, the Bulls ( a 6th seed ) clinched the series against the Cavs ( a 3rd seed ) with that shot.

I also feel like we'll be seeing a Do The Right Thing Jordan IV next year that will take strong inspiration from the movie.

I was told months back from someone close to JB that it would be the black cement 4s. I'm hoping they don't have a change of heart when the time comes. I'm ready to purchase.

Last edited:
As the 88 3s shown and quieted the naysayers.....eventually Nike Air will make its return on J's.....
no it won't. not regularly. all that did was show that it will come out every now and then for like 50 bucks more than the normal going price at the time. no way they would give that gimmick up now that it's there.
mean.gif

I was told by a older collector of 20 years, who knows people in Nike that III-VI will be commemorated for its 25th anniversary with Nike Air. But I'll believe it when I see it. I'm assuming it'll be the Blk Cement IV's if they do indeed release a NA pair, because the material change in '12. Then I'd expect Blk Metallic NA in '15. Of course this is major leauge reaching, but its just a thought.

The main reason i think that there will be a 25th anniversary edition of the black cement 4s is because "The Shot" solidified the fact that the Bulls werent just another early exit playoff team. If memory serves me correctly, it was one of the first times that the Bulls made it to the second round of the NBA Playoffs. also, the Bulls ( a 6th seed ) clinched the series against the Cavs ( a 3rd seed ) with that shot.

I also feel like we'll be seeing a Do The Right Thing Jordan IV next year that will take strong inspiration from the movie.
Well said!
^It would be cool if we get the sample pair with the perforations with NA on it.

I am sure most would rather keep the netting tho
Actually I like them and I'd definitely cop a few pairs if they ever release them.
Your english is better than some of our regular members from the states
laugh.gif
  Ha! Thanks man,I appreciate it!
smile.gif

I was told months back from someone close to JB that it would be the black cement 4s. I'm hoping they don't have a change of heart when the time comes. I'm ready to purchase.
no it won't. not regularly. all that did was show that it will come out every now and then for like 50 bucks more than the normal going price at the time. no way they would give that gimmick up now that it's there.
mean.gif
Unfortunately,that's pretty possible.But I wish that won't be the case,or that's what I'd like to think anyway.Come to think about it: Imagine the cashflow (not that they're doing bad right now...) they'd have if they offered a customization program to us! I think (not sure though) that they already do this with some sneakers of the Nike line.
I was told by a older collector of 20 years, who knows people in Nike that III-VI will be commemorated for its 25th anniversary with Nike Air. But I'll believe it when I see it. I'm assuming it'll be the Blk Cement IV's if they do indeed release a NA pair, because the material change in '12. Then I'd expect Blk Metallic NA in '15. Of course this is major leauge reaching, but its just a thought.
Very interesting too.I'm with you though,I don't believe it if it isn't confirmed.

i'm just gonna say it...

i hope nike chooses the black-cement 4 & black-metallic 5 to do the NA treatment...

...100 times more than a white/blk-cement 4 or white/blk-red 5, therefore i hope DTRT provides no inspiration & it's all Elho!

Last edited:
do you know how much money JB made last year? they are not worried. they don't need to depend on Nike Air 

Back
Top Bottom