Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Man these came out amazing!!

got our shipment today couldn't ask for anything more all changes are a upgrade sole is not blue so stop saying that
Ashy is one this this shoe is not! dark dark black darker than the emerald griffey.
but they do run a full size big if you ask me

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by mandown91

yeah creasing is always maintainable if you got the right size etc.... but if its already ashy coming out the box, there is no coming back they looked like you just kicked rocks in em
Wearable shoe trees will prevent the creases no doubt.   

I WORE MY 06'S WITH WEARABLE SHOE TREES AND THEY WERE MY EXACT SIZE AND THEY STILL CREASED HORRIBLY. REALLY, THE 5'S IN GENERAL ALONG WITH THE 13'S ARE JUST CREASE MONSTERS.

I'M JUST HOPING IT'S BETTER THIS TIME AROUND BECAUSE METALLIC 5'S ARE ONE OF MY TOP 5 FAVORITE JORDANS.

Even without shoe tress, the metallic V 2011 version is not a crease monster unlike those horrible 06 versions
mad.gif
. The ashy suede(or nubuck) decreases or eliminates the creasing. By the way the suede(or nubuck
grin.gif
) seems to be a much better suede than that of the varsity red and infrared VI version that released last year. Was doubtful at first about the new material but was impressed when I bought and wore the shoes. Lovin' this metallic V 2011. JB got it right on this one!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^i agree that it looks better than what was on the VIs and IXs. it looks to be the same material that is on the Bordeauxs, which looked like durabuck but was much smoother. I loved that material because I have worn those several times and they can still pass for DS.

^Happens almost every release...these are actually nice though I think those who skip these will definitely regret it later on.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

got our shipment today couldn't ask for anything more all changes are a upgrade sole is not blue so stop saying that
Ashy is one this this shoe is not! dark dark black darker than the emerald griffey.
im sold 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i tried the on the other day and i'm gonna go ahead and say i like this material better than the durabuck on the last retro.

it's blatantly obvious it won't crease as bad or as easily. it's not "ashy", and it's actually dark black. not charcoal grey like the durabuck (which faded more and more over time).

ninjahood tried to claim it wouldn't clean up as easily as the durabuck but it actually does. i wiped it right off.

for the record this stuff is NOT SUEDE, it's a new kind of NUBUCK, nike told me this personally, and they consider it an upgrade from the old material and i have to say i agree with them.

people just don't like change, and some of the stunts JB has pulled has made people think that anything new they use is a downgrade so they can decrease their costs and up their profits, but i don't feel that's the case on this at all.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i tried the on the other day and i'm gonna go ahead and say i like this material better than the durabuck on the last retro.

it's blatantly obvious it won't crease as bad or as easily. it's not "ashy", and it's actually dark black. not charcoal grey like the durabuck (which faded more and more over time).

ninjahood tried to claim it wouldn't clean up as easily as the durabuck but it actually does. i wiped it right off.

for the record this stuff is NOT SUEDE, it's a new kind of NUBUCK, nike told me this personally, and they consider it an upgrade from the old material and i have to say i agree with them.

people just don't like change, and some of the stunts JB has pulled has made people think that anything new they use is a downgrade so they can decrease their costs and up their profits, but i don't feel that's the case on this at all.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Saw these yesterday and I must say eell no!!..like french said I can deal with the creases but I can't deal with this material.... My local Footlocker had 12 pair yesterday...I'm still tryin to like these....

Passed on the white/black low 11z cuz the quality was not to my liking, hopefully these don't disappoint

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

im sold 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope u dont think da quality is on par with da emerald griffeys lol... those crap on these 2011 somethin horrible...

Can't wait to see these in person,love the Vs and Metallics are my favorite. Hopefully these are as good as what some people are claiming,if so, 2x for me.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Saw these yesterday and I must say eell no!!..like french said I can deal with the creases but I can't deal with this material.... My local Footlocker had 12 pair yesterday...I'm still tryin to like these....

what's wrong with the material tho? it's buttery, feels good. darker than the old durabuck material (but prolly won't fade and become more grey like the durabuck did). some lint, but i've seen durabuck have lint too. and it's obvious if you bend it, it doesn't crease as easily or look as bad.

i just think some of you guys don't like change, even if it is for the better. you just assume that JB material change = garbage.

I was at the mall today I was surprised they were at Olympia sports. For sale today I looked at them there not bad in person. I have to eat my words I criticized these shoes there not bad I just grabbed a pair for 135.00 on a discount. After I copped I told the manager they were suppose to release on the 20th. Lol dude checked his manifest he was like o %!%$ but he was cool with it.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by loskickking23

what's wrong with the material tho? it's buttery, feels good. darker than the old durabuck material (but prolly won't fade and become more grey like the durabuck did). some lint, but i've seen durabuck have lint too. and it's obvious if you bend it, it doesn't crease as easily or look as bad.

i just think some of you guys don't like change, even if it is for the better. you just assume that JB material change = garbage.

It has nothing to do with not any of us not liking change, it's why change something that wasn't wrong to begin with? 

As much as people like to complain, there's the exact same number of people who always justify everything that JB retros nowadays. 

I can't even have a straight face and pretend that it's for the better, because it's not IMO.  

I bought the Varsity VI's on release date, wore them for an hour or 2, and I just couldn't feel satisfied, so I sold them.  If it's not meant to be there, it shouldn't be there.  One of the ultimate features about the Infrared VI's, was that reinforced durabuck heel. 
pimp.gif

We're all here to give out opinion, and just because we express how we truly feel, should not deter you from buying.  

So personally, I prefer Durabuck over nubuck/suede, on my V's, VI's, VII's, and VIII's.  

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by mandown91

yeah creasing is always maintainable if you got the right size etc.... but if its already ashy coming out the box, there is no coming back they looked like you just kicked rocks in em
Wearable shoe trees will prevent the creases no doubt.   

I WORE MY 06'S WITH WEARABLE SHOE TREES AND THEY WERE MY EXACT SIZE AND THEY STILL CREASED HORRIBLY. REALLY, THE 5'S IN GENERAL ALONG WITH THE 13'S ARE JUST CREASE MONSTERS.

I'M JUST HOPING IT'S BETTER THIS TIME AROUND BECAUSE METALLIC 5'S ARE ONE OF MY TOP 5 FAVORITE JORDANS.

word even my 99's crease. all 5's crease.

Blue tint isn't that bad, not as dark as in the pics from checking them out today. If you have the varsity red or infared vi's then you'll know what the material will feel like on these v's. Still wish it was nubuck. Still don't like the fact the 3m tongue is little to non-existent. If u thought the 3m was bad on the '07s, it's worse on these imo. I will pick these up Saturday on discount.

Originally Posted by rauls054

I was at the mall today I was surprised they were at Olympia sports. For sale today I looked at them there not bad in person. I have to eat my words I criticized these shoes there not bad I just grabbed a pair for 135.00 on a discount. After I copped I told the manager they were suppose to release on the 20th. Lol dude checked his manifest he was like o %++@ but he was cool with it.

laugh.gif
Glad to hear your opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom