Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Originally Posted by Brad Fonzworth

why are people calling the prior released metalic V's the "06", i'm pretty sure they dropped in 2007.

Because they dropped in Jan. 07.

Their minds think Dec 06 is the damn near the same as Jan. 07

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by iHust1e

im sold 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope u dont think da quality is on par with da emerald griffeys lol... those crap on these 2011 somethin horrible...
I know we cant expect much quality wise from JB nowadays. My main concern was the ash would throw off the color of the metallics. As long as it looks dark and the ashing is manageable, Im content. I destroyed my 06s and I needed these man lol
hey hey now didnt say all that
laugh.gif
just said its dark black

damn shame what they did to these....my favorite jordans ever.
tired.gif

meh..theyre not bad. I know youre a advocate for durabuck, but its GONE from air jordans and is never ever ever coming back.

with that said, nubuck looks pretty good on these. trust me, it could have been much much worse.

Originally Posted by sthebest

tired.gif

meh..theyre not bad. I know youre a advocate for durabuck, but its GONE from air jordans and is never ever ever coming back.

with that said, nubuck looks pretty good on these. trust me, it could have been much much worse.
Thought Durabuck would be better as well but saw these joints and was impressed with the nubuck or suede material! Definitely these version of the metallic V's are dust magnets but the new material decreases or eliminates the creasing. Prefer these better than those crease monster durabucks. Hated these at first but now I'm loving the new material
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can someone list the problems with these compared to the last releases I'm not sure what the issues are but I never had metalic 5s only sunset and green beans

JUST GOT SOME AND THESE LOOK GOOD THE BLUE ON THE SOLE IS NOT BAD THESE ARE ACTUALLY REALLY HOT!!!!I SAY EVERYONE SHOULD COP THEM IMO

Originally Posted by sthebest

tired.gif

who told u that lie? they're using durabuck on da kids sizes as we speak, and nike retros STILL implement durabuck.

nike air =/= durabuck

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

for the record this stuff is NOT SUEDE, it's a new kind of NUBUCK, nike told me this personally, and they consider it an upgrade from the old material and i have to say i agree with them.  

o   k .....
indifferent.gif

You're cool!

and NIKE told me they drop on the 20th

slow down, turbo. just sayin', that's straight from the horse's mouth (like i later stated, i just called them, then had an email exchange, never said i was special, anyone can do that), not some rumor i read on a forum made up from thin air.

for the record this stuff is NOT SUEDE, it's a new kind of NUBUCK, nike told me this personally, and they consider it an upgrade from the old material and i have to say i agree with them.  

o   k .....
indifferent.gif

You're cool!

slow down, turbo. just sayin', that's straight from the horse's mouth (like i later stated, i just called them, then had an email exchange, never said i was special, anyone can do that), not some rumor i read on a forum made up from thin air.

I know its NOT made up. Thats why I was stating the obvious.

o   k .....
indifferent.gif

You're cool!

Nike told me personally, that these will be a GR.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

o   k .....
indifferent.gif

You're cool!

what are you even talking about?

why did you say "you're cool"?

i wasn't trying to be cool by saying nike told me that, i was trying to clear the air because people kept calling it suede. i wanted people to know if you contact nike or JB directly they will tell you it's nubuck. anyone can call them or have an email exchange, i wasn't trying to be "cool"...
indifferent.gif

i swear man, people on here are pathetic. always looking for some reason to cut down the next man, one way or another.
30t6p3b.gif

^   I heard  the upper part of the shoes are suede after reading an article on this release on Modern Notoriety.This quoted article below is from Modern Notoriety but they could be wrong. I'll be able to tell if it's suede, or nubuck, or both Suede AND Nubuck on the shoes when I cop these this Saturday.

"Jordan Brand has published official images of the upcoming Air Jordan 5 Retro Black / Metallic Silver. This Retro 5 was originally set for August 9th but due to the Air Jordan 2.0, They were pushed back to the 20th. The Black / Metallic Silver AJ5 will release at a SRP of $150 and will release on August 20th, 2011. The last time these hit the scene was back in 2007 but there’s been quite a few changes with the material on the upper as it’s been switched with suede. After the Jump, you can check out the official images of the Air Jordan 5 Retro Black / Metallic Silver."

Air Jordan 5 Retro
Black/Varsity Red – Metallic Silver
136027-010
8/20
$150"
air-jordan-5-black-metallic-silver_03.jpg

air-jordan-5-black-metallic-silver_02.jpg

Also, I have a question does Anyone know how much the OG's of this colorway retailed for when they first released in 1990?

I'm def not as picky as some on these boards,but i saw these in person last week & they are not up to par,I don't know if it's the material,but the shape looks real weird.
30t6p3b.gif

sorry to say but that material ook lke da same they b using on those variant j's.... might copp but as of right now m good with the previous release.... i kinda like the ashy (vintage) look

Originally Posted by RAWairMIA

I'm def not as picky as some on these boards,but i saw these in person last week & they are not up to par,I don't know if it's the material,but the shape looks real weird.
30t6p3b.gif

It's both IMO.  The toe box doesn't sit well, pun intended.  It's curves up too much for my taste.  

Originally Posted by RAWairMIA

30t6p3b.gif

man put these up to my fire reds this morning only change is these are a 11 and is the same size as the 11.5 other than that you have to be very picky to say the shape is off. what about the shape is off exactly??

People complained when the 07 dropped. People complain when the 2011 drop. Honestly they are not that much different.

Back
Top Bottom