Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I bought the Varsity VI's on release date, wore them for an hour or 2, and I just couldn't feel satisfied, so I sold them.  If it's not meant to be there, it shouldn't be there.  One of the ultimate features about the Infrared VI's, was that reinforced durabuck heel. 

I still don't feel comfortable.
30t6p3b.gif

I've worn my black ones twice. The second time was because I saw someone else with them, and they didn't look bad, so I decided to see if I liked them any better six months later, and I still don't think I can do it. I might end up selling mine.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Man these came out amazing!!

got our shipment today couldn't ask for anything more all changes are a upgrade sole is not blue so stop saying that
Ashy is one this this shoe is not! dark dark black darker than the emerald griffey.
but they do run a full size big if you ask me
im sold 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope u dont think da quality is on par with da emerald griffeys lol... those crap on these 2011 somethin horrible...
I know we cant expect much quality wise from JB nowadays. My main concern was the ash would throw off the color of the metallics. As long as it looks dark and the ashing is manageable, Im content. I destroyed my 06s and I needed these man lol

pimpjobu wrote:

Still wish it was nubuck.

it is nubuck.

it's funny people keep calling it ashy cuz i always thought the durabuck is kinda ashy. it seems charcoal instead of black and fades more and more over time.

i don't know, it's whatever, i'm pretty happy with this material. it's nice and buttery, doesn't seem like it will crease. it's funny, JB comes with a new material they consider an upgrade, that doesn't crease, on a shoe like the 5's which is notorious for creasing, and people hate it.

If only you guys knew a thing about materials...nubuck is better than durabuck, suede is better than nubuck which means its also better than durabuck, suede is actually more expensive than both nubuck and durabuck. This shoe has a very rich suede on it so it is an upgrade to the previous releases IMO.

Originally Posted by iloaded2

If only you guys knew a thing about materials...nubuck is better than durabuck, suede is better than nubuck which means its also better than durabuck, suede is actually more expensive than both nubuck and durabuck. This shoe has a very rich suede on it so it is an upgrade to the previous releases IMO.

no, call nike and ask them yourself, they'll tell you it's nubuck.

first i called them, then i had an email exchange with someone at JB, they said it's a new form of nubuck they're using and they do consider it an upgrade.

suede is a lot harder to clean which is prolly why people are complaining (that was ninjahood's number one argument last year).

i cleaned this nubuck with some water on a towel tho and it cleaned off just as easily as durabuck and didn't mess up the material at all.

Seen em in hand today at finishline and a dude was rockin them at the mall. I wont be coppin this retro, they are ok but look so fakeish to me, the 23 just doesn't look right either. Recently I've been really selective on what I cop and I definatly gotta have a discount, I used to cop everything X2 back in the day but now my passion for kicks is gone. I buy what I like and mabye double on stuff I gotta have but I've cut way down. Good luck to all that are coppin

According to modern notoriety's official pics they said the the uppers are suede.??? The clear soles are not as blue as previous pics. I'm confused.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Blue tint isn't that bad, not as dark as in the pics from checking them out today. If you have the varsity red or infared vi's then you'll know what the material will feel like on these v's. Still wish it was nubuck. Still don't like the fact the 3m tongue is little to non-existent. If u thought the 3m was bad on the '07s, it's worse on these imo. I will pick these up Saturday on discount.

Durabuck dude!Ogs, 2000 and 2006 retros were made withDurybuck, not nubuck!

I took some iphone shots after a few wears .

Material is clearly NUBUCK, but black based, thicker and darker than the older version's!
You have to see it and touch it in person to judge the quality..IMO its very nice!

Soles as you can see, are not that blue , i like this  light blue-clear-gray  tint , when you wear them in the ground!

^^^^
Looks like it attracts dust most easily then other materials. I definitely will have to see in person before i decide on buying. Love the Vs though.

I gotta repeat my previous sentiments, the tongues on these are SO BAD. They're paper thin and hardly even there... ugh.. stitching is a joke too..

Like I said b4, I HATE that tacky #23 on the side.

Might just cop to do some yard work in.
Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

for the record this stuff is NOT SUEDE, it's a new kind of NUBUCK, nike told me this personally, and they consider it an upgrade from the old material and i have to say i agree with them.  

o   k .....
indifferent.gif

You're cool!

and NIKE told me they drop on the 20th

Back
Top Bottom