Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

I doubt these a QS though...

I'll try to confirm through a person I know that works at Finishline.

There is nothing to confirm, these were bought many months ago. They're not a quick strike.

On the paper that corporate sent my store, the letters "QS" were not next to the name of the shoe like it was for the Blake Griffin's, so no, they are not a QS. But still don't expect these to sit around in a mall with high traffic for more than a week or two.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

I like the 23 on the side makes em' look more like a jordan shoe obviously since 23 is the number MJ wore most of his career. I dont understand why people dont like the 23 but whatever. IMO they would look plain without 23 and I wouldnt buy them if there was no 23

And actually when MJ wore them, his player exclusives Actually had the 23 on his ones.

yea but the font isnt the same. i wonder what made nike change the font of the number on the side of the shoe from the ogs.... it started with the laney v and white/silver v colorways. anyone know why they did that? was kinda dissapointed they did it with the fire red colorway too.

as for these, no point in buying these. ill wait til JB releases these in better fashion and you know they will....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ill wait til JB releases these in better fashion and you know they will....

but what could be better? durabuck? JB has stated this material they're using now is an upgrade from durabuck. it seems to crease less, arguably looks nicer (it's buttery and dark black, not charcoal grey like durabuck). it's nubuck, and from what i've read, nubuck is a more expensive material than durabuck (they're using durabuck on the GS sizes cuz it's cheaper, from what i've heard).

i dunno, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but mine is that i wouldn't count on them changing this material back to durabuck any time soon. that's all i'm saying...

Dudes quoting the same set of pics FOUR times on the last page - stop.

Saw these yesterday at FNL and I'm quite impressed. The suede isn't of the same thickness as the VR VI, but it's expected, since the shape of the V lends more to conforming to the foot than does the VI.

my whole hood on these this sat yup
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Earlier in this thread I said that I'll be copping these, but now it seems like that I won't. Planning to buy books for school this week
frown.gif
sneakers > school

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ill wait til JB releases these in better fashion and you know they will....

but what could be better? durabuck? JB has stated this material they're using now is an upgrade from durabuck. it seems to crease less, arguably looks nicer (it's buttery and dark black, not charcoal grey like durabuck). it's nubuck, and from what i've read, nubuck is a more expensive material than durabuck (they're using durabuck on the GS sizes cuz it's cheaper, from what i've heard).

i dunno, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but mine is that i wouldn't count on them changing this material back to durabuck any time soon. that's all i'm saying...

What the hell are you talking about?    
laugh.gif
   Since when is durabuck "charcoal grey"??  
air-jordan-6-infrared-retro.jpg

The fact is nubuck goes through a long heavy dye process to make it look dark black, it's a lot thicker versus a Durabuck which is synthetic leather and only gets bleach with chlorenol or chloranil, and it's ready to go.

Nubuck is made to look velvet, more of an appearance feel to it, versus comfort and performance, and that in fact makes it more vulnerable against scratches and scuffs. 

Not knocking anyone who prefers nubuck, my only thing is, making outrages claims that are untrue about durabuck is silly.  

Originally Posted by Type X

Originally Posted by sniper

Too plain to me still. I'd swap the laces to white if anything...

Bin juniors haha
Just adding a little contrast to an otherwise boring shoe. I did the same with my Wolf Greys and it paid dividends...
ieibev.jpg

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by RAWairMIA

I'm def not as picky as some on these boards,but i saw these in person last week & they are not up to par,I don't know if it's the material,but the shape looks real weird.
30t6p3b.gif

man put these up to my fire reds this morning only change is these are a 11 and is the same size as the 11.5 other than that you have to be very picky to say the shape is off. what about the shape is off exactly?? 
# 1 the material is different  & makes the shoe look bulkier, # 2 while i was at my spot a kid came in with them on & the shoe shape looked so weird on his feet compared to the OG and previous retros, my homie told me they had them in the back so i took a closer look just to give the shoe a chance,& same thing the new material just gives the shoe a different look and shape,but I'm not knocking anyone for buying i just cant do it,like i said i don't usually complain,JB has destroyed many of the classics i grew up on & we can't do anything about that but buy older models or don't buy at all,while the majority will be picking these up,I'll be rockin' my bins & ordering the previous retro of this shoe from ebay,peace.

Originally Posted by Type X

Too plain to me still. I'd swap the laces to white if anything...

Bin juniors haha
Just adding a little contrast to an otherwise boring shoe. I did the same with my Wolf Greys and it paid dividends...
ieibev.jpg

Whats for dinner tonight?

I'm only asking cuz somebody obviously got served.

CHUH CHUH POW!

Anyone notice how thick the padding is on these opposed to the Wolf Greys?
pimp.gif

For those visiting Vegas or are in town today. Nike las Vegas is doing wristbands now to secure your pair or 2. I'm sure there's plenty to go around for everyone.

Wearin my 06's now to get some chinese food, planning on getting these, the best V in my book

Originally Posted by kantoot

For those visiting Vegas or are in town today. Nike las Vegas is doing wristbands now to secure your pair or 2. I'm sure there's plenty to go around for everyone.

wristbands for these???

im sure this will be a easy cop....well i hope...i just plan to go 40mins before HOH open and hope to get my pair

Just got mine today from my local spot.....I am happy with them.....not as good as 06's but they get the job done

Back
Top Bottom