Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" CONFIRMED release!! 9/14/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not a limited release and they mass produce the hell out of it. Let everyone get a pair, setup some type of foundation to remember Issac and help kids in the same situation he was in. This is truly tragic.
has nike made any of the DB shoes a GR? i know for the jordan line they would never do such a thing since it would kill the hype.

this will be a super limited release like all the other jordan DB's, these V's are actually nice. ugliest ones were the IX's imo

10 pairs minimum 
laugh.gif

Those lace locks would look really nice on the Grapes. If I could get my hands on a pair, I'm swapping lace locks on both pairs.

Last edited:
has nike made any of the DB shoes a GR? i know for the jordan line they would never do such a thing since it would kill the hype.

this will be a super limited release like all the other jordan DB's, these V's are actually nice. ugliest ones were the IX's imo
I'm pretty sure Nike and Jordan aren't thinking about hype in the same way that the average sneakerhead does.

The doernbecher line is partially designed by children and typically look like kid shoes. We've already seen mixed reactions on the upcoming release. Do you really want to make tons of pairs and then realize you overestimated demand? Not to mention all previous DBs have been limited sellouts, so now some kid (fighting for his life) can read on sneakernews that his doernbecher  was the least appreciated DB and the only one to sit on shelves. Maybe I'm being petty. I'm sure they're worried about bigger things but I think it really it looks bad if a charity shoe sits on shelves. I wouldn't take the chance mass producing the any DB colorways other than the DB3 (which came back out). As far as making more money, the news reporting can take care of that when they tell the story and show the rediculously long lines of people who are "opening their hearts" (and wallet) in support

I'm pretty sure Nike and Jordan aren't thinking about hype in the same way that the average sneakerhead does.
The doernbecher line is partially designed by children and typically look like kid shoes. We've already seen mixed reactions on the upcoming release. Do you really want to make tons of pairs and then realize you overestimated demand? Not to mention all previous DBs have been limited sellouts, so now some kid (fighting for his life) can read on sneakernews that his doernbecher  was the least appreciated DB and the only one to sit on shelves. Maybe I'm being petty. I'm sure they're worried about bigger things but I think it really it looks bad if a charity shoe sits on shelves. I wouldn't take the chance mass producing the any DB colorways other than the DB3 (which came back out). As far as making more money, the news reporting can take care of that when they tell the story and show the rediculously long lines of people who are "opening their hearts" (and wallet) in support

I could probably count on one hand the number people in line who really care or even know it's in support of a charity.

I also doubt a kid fighting for his life would check out sneaker news to see what the hype is like for his shoe or even care if it sits on a store shelf for 3 hours before it sells out.

I could probably count on one hand the number people in line who really care or even know it's in support of a charity.

I also doubt a kid fighting for his life would check out sneaker news to see what the hype is like for his shoe or even care if it sits on a store shelf for 3 hours before it sells out.
thats why i used quotes. the reporters tell the story with whatever spin corporate america is telling them to.
I was being facetious about the second part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom