Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" CONFIRMED release!! 9/14/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB's are nike's way to "give to charity" in the name of lowering their tax liability.  The likelyhood that there may be more of these produced than normal is possible as nike has been doing real well this year and they would rather look good giving to charity rather than giving to Uncle Sam.  

The reason they brought back the 5 DB's for the summer was to help aid their charitable contribution number for the fiscal quarter.  Make no mistake that they have complete control over things as the charity move is really disguised accounting strategy. 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Can't blame them though better to give to a good cause than to the private share holders of the federal reserve.

I'm thinking that there might not be any scotchlite on these.

the lettering looks like it will be be 3M. you cant have a jordan 5 without 3m, its one of the most known features of the shoe

I was thinking the same thing, but I racked my brain for a previous instance of scotchlite on what appears to be a patent leather upper and couldn't remember that ever being done. Figured it might not be possible. It'd be dope as hell if all the letters are though.

With a story like that it'd be a sad mistake to make these at all limited. Anyone that would like to purchase these should be able to.
True but you know Nike is not going to make these a GR solely because they will have to donate all that profit to charity.

The shoe would have been dope as hell if it was't all patent leather. Wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of all patent leather kicks. 
sick.gif

Full clear outsole came out just like the old BP the Owner photoshops. Crazy...

I love those old BP photoshops too, but a full clear outsole has been on the last three consecutive Doernbecher releases. I'm pretty sure Jordan Brand shows them the option and the kids doing the design work just gravitate to it. Doubt BP had anything to do with it.

I've never attempted to buy a pair of doernbecher's so how do these work out? Is it NDC only, TLO or anything like that?

Wow, not bad. I didn't mess with any DBs besides 9s but these are actually alright.

The DB stories are very sad. I would always think of them when I could drive by the hospital when I lived in rose city (hometown).

But this story in particular makes me very sad for some reason. Gives me the chills just thinking about it...

Anyways, I will pay attention to these, might cop.

Jordan doesnt care about anyone but them selves

SRS

they wont GR this and they wont do a separate donation for anything or anyone.

Exactly. People on this board acting like they're so concerned with proceeds going to the family. If you're that concerned, donate the money you would use to buy the shoes to the family directly.

Completely agree, I'm not a fan of the entire design, but with a purpose and story behind the shoe, this should be GR. 

I was thinking the same thing, but I racked my brain for a previous instance of scotchlite on what appears to be a patent leather upper and couldn't remember that ever being done. Figured it might not be possible. It'd be dope as hell if all the letters are though.

its definitely possible. you have to remember that Nike has a whole technology lab and constantly innovate. it would be easy to do 3m on patent leather. all patent leather has a clear gloss coat over it to protect the color underneath. what they probably did was do the pattern in 3m and the seal it off with a clear coat that gives it that shine.

another reason that i think these will have 3M is that reflective material and clearn soles are staples on DB designs.

Jordan doesnt care about anyone but them selves

SRS

they wont GR this and they wont do a separate donation for anything or anyone.

Exactly. People on this board acting like they're so concerned with proceeds going to the family. If you're that concerned, donate the money you would use to buy the shoes to the family directly.

yea, not a single Nter will do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom