Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" release!! 9/14/13 No BOT TALK/SELLING/BUYING/TRADING

Lol, what is this, seriously. ETA is still tomorrow too. Nike and UPS dropped the ball hard on this one.
Where do you live? I'd think that you should have another arrival scan by now. I'm seeing some more progress as of this morning. My pair arrives tomorrow hopefully.
[table][tr][td]Roanoke, VA, United States[/td][td]09/17/2013[/td][td]7:12 A.M.[/td][td]Arrival Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memphis, TN, United States[/td][td]09/16/2013[/td][td]7:47 P.M.[/td][td]Departure Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][td]09/16/2013[/td][td]11:37 A.M.[/td][td]Origin Scan[/td][/tr][tr][td]United States[/td][td]09/1*****13[/td][td]8:32 P.M.[/td][td]Order Processed: Ready for UPS[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Lol, what is this, seriously. ETA is still tomorrow too. Nike and UPS dropped the ball hard on this one.
trying to figure out how Nike dropped the ball when they made the package available for pickup and how UPS dropped the ball for GROUND service :rolleyes

trying to figure out how Nike dropped the ball when they made the package available for pickup and how UPS dropped the ball for GROUND service
eyes.gif
+1 unless you got overnight... but if you did, just complain and get your money back. but that looks like a pretty normal shipping time to me

his pic shows ground so he is just complaining. people love to do that
smokin.gif
people barley get the shoes and people who get them complain about shipping times. 
laugh.gif
 im thankful i (hopefully) got them, im not going to cry about an extra day of waiting. 

Lol, a lot of people criticizing. But seriously, look. I've probably had nearly a hundred NDC orders and they're always like this. View media item 581419
They always get sorted and depart same day, but this package hasn't even departed next day, and Nike customer support actually said they were looking for it, lol.

These were projected to sell over $1k. I'm considering selling or trading mine.

I love them in hand and the quality is incredible, glow is insane.... but I would rather trade them or sell them and get something I missed on or regret not having.

Everyone talking **** about these selling for 1k and how people are "greedy" and only copped these to sell them....

Sit down.

People in the banned and Yeezy 2 threads patting each other on the back all day and night because someone sold or bought a pair. People buying or selling Yeezy 2's for $2,500, none of you guys are in there calling people greedy or posting SMH gifs.

Guarantee if you put in the effort and secured a you wouldn't be throwing salt over this thread.

Show me the money lol

View media item 581433

Last edited:
LOOKS LIKE NIKE IS JUST LETTING THE REST GO NOW REGARDLESS OF HOW ACQUIRED AFTER THE INITIAL FAT TRIMMING. MY PAIR IS STILL ON SCHEDULE FOR DELIVERY TOMORROW. NO RETURN TO SENDER LISTED.

I love them in hand and the quality is incredible, glow is insane.... but I would rather trade them or sell them and get something I missed on or regret not having.

Everyone talking **** about these selling for 1k and how people are "greedy" and only copped these to sell them....

Sit down.

People in the banned and Yeezy 2 threads patting each other on the back all day and night because someone sold or bought a pair. People buying or selling Yeezy 2's for $2,500, none of you guys are in there calling people greedy or posting SMH gifs.

Guarantee if you put in the effort and secured a you wouldn't be throwing salt over this thread.

Show me the money lol

What cause were the Yeezy's supposed to benefit? That might be why people dont care about the reselling there. What Nike should have done is distribute them to friends and family of patients first. Then, distribute them to people who have ALREADY made a significant donation to the cause/hospital.

Sit down.

Show me the money lol

What cause were the Yeezy's supposed to benefit? That might be why people dont care about the reselling there. What Nike should have done is distribute them to friends and family of patients first. Then, distribute them to people who have ALREADY made a significant donation to the cause/hospital.
Its not like the tax write off excuse is any better here.. if Nike really wanted to donate a big amount to charity they would've produced much more of these.

I get people get really emotional when they don't get the shoes they want, but you have to be realists here. It's hard for someone to pass up close to $1,000 for something they at the most paid $200 for. I don't care what the item is or how much I want it, if I can quadruple my money on something (at this stage of my life as a "poor" law student) I would consider selling it no matter what. 

** Just a disclaimer... I am not saying I will sell or am trying to sell in here... I'm just giving my $00.02 **

Last edited:
Can we really say that WE donated to charity for buying the shoes? I think that Nike was the only entity responsible for donating to charity. The revenue from these shoes is being DIRECTLY donated to Doernbecher FROM Nike. Nike is eating the production costs on these and donating ALL of the revenue. THEY are making the sacrifice for the charity. What costs are the people buying the kicks eating? What sacrifice are you making for the charity? You are paying for a shoe. Nike is using your money to donate. None of us are making a donation as much as you'd like to think so...

What are the rules for including charitable contributions in your taxes?
Under the Pension Protection Act, taxpayers are required have receipts from the charity, a canceled check, or credit card statement to prove their donation. No tax deduction will be allowed if the taxpayer cannot provide any supporting documentation. You will not need to mail in the receipts with their tax return. Instead, keep receipts and other documentation with your copy of the tax return in the event of an IRS audit.[h3]What Records You Need to Keep[/h3]For cash contributions under $250, be sure to keep the following records:
  • Canceled check, bank statement, or credit card statement showing the amount paid, date paid, and the name of the charity to which you gave money;
  • Written receipts or acknowledgment letters from the charity showing the date and the amount of your contribution; and
  • Any other documentation or records that would establish the date and the amount you contributed.
Does anyone have a receipt from Doernbecher? Or letter acknowledging their contribution? Don't think so...

What is the name of the entity that billed you on your bank statement, or credit card when you bought these shoes? Don't think it was Doernbecher...

I'm not sure if this purchase can be lawfully written off in your taxes if you can't prove you donated to the charity...

Hmmm.....

Most people on NT can't claim itemized deductions(donations, medical and etc.) anyway, their standard deduction will always be higher.

Sit down.

Show me the money lol

Great idea for increasing money directly to the charity, but it would create bidding and drive the price up substantially exactly like the Air Mag. It wouldn't stop reselling at all. And after the people donated the money to the charity and got the shoes, what's to stop them from reselling them for $2,500?

I don't wanna hear the charity excuse. At the end of the day they are still shoes and the price is driven by demand and hype. What difference does selling them make if my $200 went to DBCH?

If it's about the charity money people sour over not donating should feel free to visit the DB website and donate, please post your screenshot after you do, we'll wait...

A reseller already posted a pic of his $600 donation from reselling these so you can go ahead quit waiting about 3 days ago.

1% of NTers probably itemize deductions so the charitable donation doesn't benefit any individual buyer here. Nike isn't donating 100% of the proceeds, they still take out EVERY cost associated with these.

The first pair of every yearly freestyle DB model sold each year is auctioned off to the highest bidder at the unveiling event. If you want to have first crack at the Freestyle Collection, buy a ticket and attend.

A reseller already posted a pic of his $600 donation from reselling these so you can go ahead quit waiting about 3 days ago.

1% of NTers probably itemize deductions so the charitable donation doesn't benefit any individual buyer here. Nike isn't donating 100% of the proceeds, they still take out EVERY cost associated with these.

The first pair of every yearly freestyle DB model sold each year is auctioned off to the highest bidder at the unveiling event. If you want to have first crack at the Freestyle Collection, buy a ticket and attend.

I wasn't talking about people that resold the shoe donating money to charity. I was talking about all the people whining about missing out because they wanted to donate to the DBCH.

The fact that this shoe is tied to a charity means nothing as far as reselling is concerned. If that's the case go whine about the Air Mag selling for $6,000.

And good for him, honestly. I applaud him. But that's what he chose to do with HIS money. That's his business. If these guys copped a pair I guarantee they wouldn't be on here preaching all this charity/reseller bashing.

I rarely sell my shoes, RARELY.

And Henny's last post was on point. Honestly, after that nothing else needed to be said.

Back
Top Bottom