Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" release!! 9/14/13 No BOT TALK/SELLING/BUYING/TRADING

I slept on it and i cant in all good faith trade my 94 1s and Banned 1s for these. DB 5s are nice but arent $1K nice in the least. Hopefully this years other DB Jordan looks incredible. If it really is a X, it will have to look pretty amazing in order for me to even like that model

Good for you but this has nothing to do with whether you bought the shoe or not. I don't even know if you did. But it's irrelevant any way.

But again, it's kind of you for donating to charity AND EXPECTING NOTHING IN RETURN. That's what a "donation" is.

nike needs a prostate cancer awareness shoe

The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2013 are:
  • About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed
  • About 29,720 men will die of prostate cancer
About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime

Good for you but this has nothing to do with whether you bought the shoe or not. I don't even know if you did. But it's irrelevant any way.

But again, it's kind of you for donating to charity AND EXPECTING NOTHING IN RETURN. That's what a "donation" is.
I was hunting for two pairs from the start, just like I've done with past DB releases. One for me to keep/wear and one specifically to resell and donate the profits. This was actually one of the few times I actually did get the two pairs, lol. I understand your pessimism, though, especially with this release.

PS: @JoeyD12, what site is that that shows average prices on stuff?

The Nike Mags (McFly's) were a big tax write off. The Michael J. Fox foundation sent an official record of the donation to be used for tax purposes. The Doernbecher's wouldn't count because you have to pay directly to the charitable orginization.

One person! He got his shoes, sold them and had the money donated to DBCH.

That's the ONLY way you're getting a write off lol

If you're so inclined and moved donate yourself go do so! I'll tell you what... Next DB release- go through all the work and effort to get a pair or instead of waiting, go now and take your highest valued shoe and sell them for $600 and have the money directly donated to DBCH instead of keeping it yourself. Then post screenshots please, we'll wait.

On the edit:

I shouldn't have quoted you. I meant the other people that were complaining about donating. I applaud your donation and selfless act.

Last edited:
One of my orders is halfway to my location, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So far so good..

The other order still has a status of "In Progress" and preparing to ship. I haven't received any phone calls or emails from Meg though.

You guys think I'm good if I haven't received an email from Meg yet?

One of my orders is halfway to my location, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. So far so good..

The other order still has a status of "In Progress" and preparing to ship. I haven't received any phone calls or emails from Meg though.

Good luck

I was hunting for two pairs from the start, just like I've done with past DB releases. One for me to keep/wear and one specifically to resell and donate the profits. This was actually one of the few times I actually did get the two pairs, lol. I understand your pessimism, though, especially with this release.

View media item 578059

PS: @JoeyD12, what site is that that shows average prices on stuff?

It's called Kicks Pricer. It's an excellent site. It takes all the sales on eBay, presale and after release and finds low-average-high selling points and actually graphs them out over time. They do this for any shoe you can Imagine. It's an incredible idea for a site, they should make an app ASAP. I would def pay $5-$10 for it.

http://kickspricer.com/

Another great app is the Jordan Price Guide App. It's the same soft copy book that releases each year, just in an App. I believe it was $4.99 but well worth it IMO. For an example of a price listing:

View media item 581536

It's called Kicks Pricer. It's an excellent site. It takes all the sales on eBay, presale and after release and finds low-average-high selling points and actually graphs them out over time. They do this for any shoe you can Imagine. It's an incredible idea for a site, they should make an app ASAP. I would def pay $5-$10 for it.

http://kickspricer.com/

Another great app is the Jordan Price Guide App. It's the same soft copy book that releases each year, just in an App. I believe it was $4.99 but well worth it IMO. For an example of a price listing:
Awesome, great info to know. Thanks!

I am in the exact same boat for my pair. I know that I was one of the last orders to get in as I did not get through until right before the sold out Tweet was sent out.

For any that had it cancelled, is your order online still listed "In Progress" or "Cancelled"? It is still pending in my bank account & has not been cancelled or gone through.

Great idea for increasing money directly to the charity, but it would create bidding and drive the price up substantially exactly like the Air Mag. It wouldn't stop reselling at all. And after the people donated the money to the charity and got the shoes, what's to stop them from reselling them for $2,500?

I don't wanna hear the charity excuse. At the end of the day they are still shoes and the price is driven by demand and hype. What difference does selling them make if my $200 went to DBCH?

If it's about the charity money people sour over not donating should feel free to visit the DB website and donate, please post your screenshot after you do, we'll wait...
Now I wasn't saying it would stop reselling, but rather the people the who profit would be associated with the cause. If you donated to the charity, because of good will and happen to make a return on your good will, more power to you.

It makes no difference what you do with them,  but don't think your 200 bucks went to DBHC. 

Last edited:
There were more DB 5s produced than fear 5s correct?

i would think so based on the fact that the fear 5's didn't even drop on nikestore.

my local hoh in Orlando only got 16 which is by far the most limited quantity of jordan they've ever had. they had 20+ championship packs.

the difference is there's a huge demand for the DB5's.

I don't trust this. I put up 2 pairs of bin 5's in sz 12 for 850 buy it now and one person bought both pairs within 11 hours of it being up. I've see a couple end for over 900 recently and lately the price of any bin on eBay is astronomical. People are asking ridiculous money for them. Full disclosure I only really follow size 11.5-12 because that's what I wear.

you'd be surprised, it's not that hard, Nike just doesn't give a ****

they can easily do it. just like they can easily put out more pairs if they wanted.

but they won't do either because they LOVE greedy *** resellers because they raise the market value of the shoe. this allows nike to raise the price of all of their shoes slowly and nobody gives a **** because we all think we are "so lucky" to copp for retail.

Reactions: alp
Btw i'll get on my soapbox for a second and say the quality for the bin shoes/banned should be the standard on any jordan retro release. It's a shame what crap they use to make the shoes and charge close to $200 or more.

These were projected to sell over $1k. I'm considering selling or trading mine.

I love them in hand and the quality is incredible, glow is insane.... but I would rather trade them or sell them and get something I missed on or regret not having.

Everyone talking **** about these selling for 1k and how people are "greedy" and only copped these to sell them....

Sit down.

People in the banned and Yeezy 2 threads patting each other on the back all day and night because someone sold or bought a pair. People buying or selling Yeezy 2's for $2,500, none of you guys are in there calling people greedy or posting SMH gifs.

Guarantee if you put in the effort and secured a you wouldn't be throwing salt over this thread.

Show me the money lol

View media item 581433

the difference may be due to the fact that this is a shoe designed for charity. and there's not one reseller donating $1 to the doernbecher hospital.

i'm not saying you should or anybody should donate, to each his own. i personally would have trouble sleeping if i profited that much money and didn't donate anything to the charity the shoe was meant to help.

Doernbecher's are a special shoe for a special cause. they are fundamentally different than anything nike does.

Calling nike today to see if they can somehow pull the blacklight they jipped me on out there ***** and send it to me or get 20% back.

Really hoping i get that damn light. I know its not likely though

Back
Top Bottom