[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You need to realize a lot of the people who are complaining are the people who were collecting before the hype train pulled into the station. A lot of these new cats that just started are assuming these are the average prices since Nike is releasing Lebrons for $250.

2013 $250 for foams, 2010 $200
2013 $160 for retro 4s, 2006 $115

Nike is getting away with it because everything is selling out every weekend mostly to resellers. I blame social media for feeding this hype surrounding the brand after the Concords dropped. When the DMP's dropped in 2006 the hype for every shoe following that release was no where near the level it is today.

DBs where getting marked down at stores before the Concords in 2011 and now every release goes for half a grand from resellers.

:nthat:

LOL! This price complaining cant be serious.... some of u must know nothing about business... Nike "is" doing us a favor with these little price hikes... they could up it more than that and still sellout of the select shoes they want to do it on.... be thankful they dont try to max out like they could...

also... Nike is not your friend... they owe u nothing... they are a business...

the price hikes are simple... because people (myself included) are going to pay it... thats how business works...

with all that being said... i am pissed about the price hike as well

Here we go again with the favors, send them a thank you letter and tell them to make them joints even more limited, than watch the ''new'' prices.
For now enough with the subject, will have to wait and see.

SIAP, for anyone looking to cop a bit earlier, CT's newsletter says they're going to have these available this Saturday.

these are 170 now?
sick.gif

Love the style on the X's they just fit too tight around my foot. Like no other Jordan I have worn before.
That elastic strap is hell on my feet.

Love the style on the X's they just fit too tight around my foot. Like no other Jordan I have worn before.

Yeah same here. X's are the only J's I go up a full size in, it's the only way I can wear X's and be comfortable.

these will be my first 10s I think im gonna try an 11 instead of 10.5. still disappointed I went with a 10.5 in the black/red 11/concord restock they fit tight

You are aware that there is not only one way to conduct business and gain a larger profit right? And we all know why Nike/JB and the rest of the main brands moved from making sneakers in Korea and Taiwan to China and Vietnam, cheep labor. To make a pair it comes down to a price between $20 (most of them, including pretty much all of the JB retros) and $50 (foams and some more expensive to make) and they want $170 + from us? Another thing I mentioned above, the quality of the materials, we had - Full grain leather, real Nubuk and Swede, and now we have - Hyperfuse (plastic) VacTech (plastic) Split Grain (the lowest possible quality leather), Durabuk (synthetic nubuk, in other words - plastic). So in these lines of thoughts we actually pay a lot more, I can't even imagine the prices they will charge us if the quality of the materials were the same as in the 90's... 

You won't get any argument here. They raise the prices simply because they can, not for any valid reason beyond that. I'm part of the group who owns original Jordans from the 90s and know first hand the quality isn't even close to comparable. But, it still doesn't change the fact that you know as well as I do that a $10 price jump will not cause a decline in sales. And for that reason alone, from a pure business standpoint, its a good move. Not a popular move, but a sound business move.

Nike is getting away with it because everything is selling out every weekend mostly to resellers.

What exactly are you basing this belief off of? Because, if it was true, the reseller market would be full of sellers stuck with stock that wouldn't move. The fact that the shoes the resellers buy move for above retail proves they'd sell out anyway even if the price was raised well above $200. If that wasn't the case, resellers would have trouble moving their inventory, which they do not. So, the very fact that the reseller market is thriving proves that a price jump will not hurt the sales numbers in the slightest. In other words, the mere fact resellers remain in business shows a higher demand than pairs available. If not, resellers would lose money and eventually stop reselling.

Last edited:
You won't get any argument here. They raise the prices simply because they can, not for any valid reason beyond that. I'm part of the group who owns original Jordans from the 90s and know first hand the quality isn't even close to comparable. But, it still doesn't change the fact that you know as well as I do that a $10 price jump will not cause a decline in sales. And for that reason alone, from a pure business standpoint, its a good move. Not a popular move, but a sound business move.
I'm sorry bruh, but you're MAD NAIVE. There are plenty of Resellers that are stuck w/ stock... the game is not for everyone. Just take a look at the pure quantity of kicks available on Ebay. There's sellers on there who have struggled selling pairs at their Rape Prices, but will continue to Relist sometimes months & months after having nobody budge, at the Same Price. Mostly due to Greed & Ego. 

You can't take Everything for Face Value, bro. And yea, for them, Price Hikes may be a "sound" Business Move FOR THEM, but what the hell does it do FOR YOU? If you don't got Stock w/ them, make your buying decisions with a consumer mindset, only.

Last edited:
Yeah same here. X's are the only J's I go up a full size in, it's the only way I can wear X's and be comfortable.
See..... THIS is what I'm worried about. Seen too many Ppl say this in the Thread. I have a hard time justifying paying this much for a sneaker that may possibly be Dumb Uncomfortable.

Problem is, if I get the discount on these, I would get my pair in the mail. No way I'm paying full price, so I guess I just gotta see how they fit somehow.

These been a long time coming, I'll be grabbing a pair, my '05 pair is in semi-good condition, but its time to fix up.

I'm sorry bruh, but you're MAD NAIVE. There are plenty of Resellers that are stuck w/ stock... the game is not for everyone. Just take a look at the pure quantity of kicks available on Ebay. There's sellers on there who have struggled selling pairs at their Rape Prices, but will continue to Relist sometimes months & months after having nobody budge, at the Same Price. Mostly due to Greed & Ego. 

You can't take Everything for Face Value, bro. And yea, for them, Price Hikes may be a "sound" Business Move FOR THEM, but what the hell does it do FOR YOU? If you don't got Stock w/ them, make your buying decisions with a consumer mindset, only.

Nah, not naive at all. Sure, people have shoes in stock, not all sell instantly. However, the mere fact resellers continue to exist show people are making money. If moving shoes above retail was such a problem, reselling wouldn't exist.

As for doing what is best for me, the consumer, definitely. I will and always will do what is best for me. But I just don't moan and cry about price increases because it accomplishes nothing. They are a company and they sell their product for the price of their choosing. As a consumer, I can buy or not buy. If I want the shoe, I'm going to buy it, regardless if it costs 160 or 260. Anyone who doesn't buy a shoe due to a $10 price fluctuation doesn't want the shoe.

I had the black cats and steels in '05. I remember going up half a size, but they are super comfortable. Both started squeaking after a while though.

Back
Top Bottom