Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

looks like evrybody and they momma set to cop these. hopefully jordan brand makes enough

can't see these being difficult to cop the day of release.   online and in store.  How about the Fire Red 5's that came out in January.  They had multiple restocks on those.  so yeah these won't be difficult at all

i think they will be a hassle to get.

the hype train has started

hopefully jordan brand makes alot

^ I agree.

Most people like these over the 3M FR version so I expect more folks to be out.

I can't see JB changing the production #s, so there should be enough pairs to go around.

However, they probably won't sit as long as the 3M ones, so make sure you do your homework and you'll be fine.

Man the money wasnt right in 2011. I may just pass on the Fire Red IIIs and hunt down the True Blues for a decent price and cop these 5s since 5s are my second favorite model. Just wanted to build a little III collection since I really just got into em. Never liked the IIIs as a kid. I always loved the True Blues and BCs. I got the 88s in case 88 BCIIIs came out so I would have trade bait if they were limited (and actually came out).

I like the way 5s age tho. Wish this was soft leather

Last edited:
These will be my first Vs purchase. Since I can't find a black grape for a decent price. I'm going to stack up on these and hopefully get a trade for the black Vs. can't wait..

I really hope they don't use this same air bag color they been using this year on the 6s next year. These are copped over the fire red 3s, would get both if the ele print was lighter. My only complaint is the air bubble color but once they start to yellow it will look less out of place
eyes.gif
 not a deal breaker but it could have been better

Way to build the hype man. Keep these low key.
I don't think it's possible to build hype on such a popular original colorway. It's like a carmine release. Once people know they're coming, the hype is there  already. I'm just warning anyone who's hesitating not to make the same mistake I did.

The only reason that any fan of the V would consider passing on this release is if they have their eye one some other release that they missed that is now a bit pricey (i.e. banned 1) and they can not afford both or do not want to overspend on sneakers. Other than that, anyone who loves Vs are gonna cop regardless of what some random Niketalker post.

I don't think it's possible to build hype on such a popular original colorway. It's like a carmine release. Once people know they're coming, the hype is there  already. I'm just warning anyone who's hesitating not to make the same mistake I did.
Thank you. These are not going to be low key.

And do people really think that much hype comes from NT? If this site never existed I guarantee the hype would be pretty much the same with all these sneakersites and blogs.

No one will ever make that trade bruh.
of course, that will debate how much cash on top they want on top. if not i'll just buy it straight out. after i sell my the fire red 5s. i figure if i sell 5x fire red 5s ill make enough for the grape. im watching a few right now and they go for around 240-260 shipped ish. 

Last edited:
of course, that will debate how much cash on top they want on top. if not i'll just buy it straight out. after i sell my the fire red 5s. i figure if i sell 5x fire red 5s ill make enough for the grape.
Wait a minute...you're saying after you sell 5 pairs of the fire red 5s you'll have enough to buy the Black Grapes? Why not take that 800 dollars spent on retail pairs and buy an aftermarket pair of Black Grapes for 240 or whatever? 

Wait a minute...you're saying after you sell 5 pairs of the fire red 5s you'll have enough to buy the Black Grapes? Why not take that 800 dollars spent on retail pairs and buy an aftermarket pair of Black Grapes for 240 or whatever.
yeah, that's exactly what im doing. im taking 240 out of the profit i'll make to get me a black grape, jordan 4 bred 2012, and a white grape 5s. those profit should be enough for the 3 shoes and some changes in the pocket. Before i got into the game i didn't know how hard it was to buy Js now a days. i left the Js game for a while. i came back in during the Jordan 11 breds restock during april around my birthday. little did i know i missed every single releases from that point, the j11 bred, white grapes, black grapes etc. it just got ridiculous from bots and rsvp bots taking over the game. decided to contact a few old buddies and now found my way in for general releases. so my plan is to get one fire red Vs to wear, one for the bro, and 3 to resell. 

Last edited:
That trade sounds ridiculous.

laugh.gif

Good luck bro!
are you saying the Vs fire red black tongue won't resell for around 240 ish? around the same ball park as the Vs black grape? if that's the case then this thread needs to be more hype up. 

yeah, that's exactly what im doing. im taking 240 out of the profit i'll make to get me a black grape, jordan 4 bred 2012, and a white grape 5s. those profit should be enough for the 3 shoes and some changes in the pocket. Before i got into the game i didn't know how hard it was to buy Js now a days. i left the Js game for a while. i came back in during the Jordan 11 breds restock during april around my birthday. little did i know i missed every single releases from that point, the j11 bred, white grapes, black grapes etc. it just got ridiculous from bots and rsvp bots taking over the game. decided to contact a few old buddies and now found my way in for general releases. so my plan is to get one fire red Vs to wear, one for the bro, and 3 to resell. 

I don't know that there's that much profit in these, the 5's are somewhat played out this year, especially after the white/red release earlier this year. I resold two pairs of those and it wasn't easy and I didn't make much off either pair. I think you're taking too big a risk.

are you saying the Vs fire red black tongue won't resell for around 240 ish? around the same ball park as the Vs black grape? if that's the case then this thread needs to be more hype up. 
No they won't sell for the same price as the Black Grapes, those were a limited GR/QS type release. These will be very available. And honestly the NT thread has no indication of demand in the real world.  

I wouldn't expect resell to be much higher than 220 in the near future and probably leveling out around 200...

Last edited:
I don't know that there's that much profit in these, the 5's are somewhat played out this year, especially after the white/red release earlier this year. I resold two pairs of those and it wasn't easy and I didn't make much off either pair. I think you're taking too big a risk.
damn im definitely going to have to rethink this through then. thanks for the look out.

Got my 2 pair early.

2006 early.

Back when these sat on shelves and I scooped them up for $89 each.

The good ol' days...

I swear Jordan Brand just KEEPS on cranking out the shoes this year, way too much to keep track of!

of course, that will debate how much cash on top they want on top. if not i'll just buy it straight out. after i sell my the fire red 5s. i figure if i sell 5x fire red 5s ill make enough for the grape. im watching a few right now and they go for around 240-260 shipped ish. 

damn im definitely going to have to rethink this through then. thanks for the look out.

My head is hurting after reading this :smh:

Back
Top Bottom