Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

That fiasco at 21 Mercer had to have been entirely their fault. When I was there for the black toes it was horrible. They don't care if you waited in line for hours. They just let people walk right up at opening and the security dude starts randomly picking people out the crowd to come into the store. You would think that store would be the most organized out of them all because it is Nikes premier boutique. That place is horrible and the staff act like your a piece of trash. ***** I make what u make in a week in 1 or 2 days. They need to get the stick from out they ***. That place needs a staff overhaul

Last edited:
Just talked to footlocker CS and they said that my order should be approved soon 
roll.gif

and I was about to give up too. 

people that saw the end link here and learned about them had no chance anyway.

the way end has handled their releases @ 19:00 intstead of 00:00 gives way more people US and EU a chance at less pairs, since they're selling in-store first.

and it seems more people there are probably buying up pairs in-store and then sell em to us anyways... hahah. end of end

As you may all notice, I am new around here.  Definitely not new to sneakers though.  I come from the days of being able to walk in 15 minutes before the store opened (Original releases) and buy the shoes.  My oh my have things changed since those much simpler times.  O well, enough intros, here is my horror story pertaining to the shoes of topic.

Finish Line advertised they were taking phone orders and I thought wow, sites normally don't do that.  I thought hey, ordering bots can't beat me to this, it requires human to human interaction.  Because of course if a company is saying they are taking phone orders, they surely wouldn't do it for no reason, right?  Man I couldn't have been more wrong.

I call and get a rep on the phone literally 5 seconds after 8 A.M.  Give her all my info, she gives me my total, all is well, right?  WRONG.  She follows up with "Oh my god, I am soooo sorry, none are available."  I feared this already so I didn't give the poor rep a tongue lashing.  I accepted my defeat, told her to have a nice day and hung the phone up.  What hurt most is I really thought I had them.  It would have been much better if as soon as I called, they just said "All gone.".

So my beef with Finish Line is why even advertise that you're taking phone orders for the release?  Also, did the rep lie to me as 15 minutes after my call ended, Finish Line tweeted that GS sizes were still available?  The rep specifically told me NOTHING was available.  I knew the sneaker game changed dramatically from my hay day, but I had no idea companies as large as Finish Line pull such things.

In closing, I've learned that no company can be trusted when it comes to the Gold Bars, I mean, Jordans, they are giving away at a fraction of the value when selling at retail.  Ahhh, the shoe game, when did you become so cruel?

I know, Cool story Bro.

i cant see how peeps gone pay way over retail for these like they r dbs or somethin

Doernbecher are overrated. and only really desired because of how limited they are. If they were GR they would get dissed like crimsons, photo blues and jokers.

If they called those elephant print V's doernbecher's, I bet you would see a million opinions change.

Heck, if they make them extremely limited they'll change.

damn how did people get multiples? ive copped some pretty limited shoes online and still struck out this morning.. i guess it wasnt my day..thinking about just picking one up from a reseller for 220:smh:

Store I copped from made u buy merchandise at 20% Off. Initially said we had to buy the shirt tees & hat. I don't do that matchy corny ish. Told them I buy thousands of dollars worth of sneakers a yr and will never do business with them. Then the say just buy anything. Pick up 2 pair of stance socks and some not so bad looking JB shorts. After getting in car I notice $193 total. She took 20% off the shoes also!!! Alll 3 items for only $18 over retail son. Never this lucky.

Nice ! That's a nice lil come up bruh ! I would not complain if they discounted mine ! Especially with all the tight no discounts on JB launches. 8)

damn how did people get multiples? ive copped some pretty limited shoes online and still struck out this morning.. i guess it wasnt my day..thinking about just picking one up from a reseller for 220
good luck wit that... hopefully the prices will come down bot rite now these fools  r trippin wit the prices

Doernbecher are overrated. and only really desired because of how limited they are. If they were GR they would get dissed like crimsons, photo blues and jokers.

If they called those elephant print V's doernbecher's, I bet you would see a million opinions change.

Heck, if they make them extremely limited they'll change.
DB's are trash. You're exactly right.

yeah i know man, considering how limited they were i doubt they will come down too much. i am on the hunt for a cheaper pair though :nerd:

Yea I refuse to pay over $260 for these...the richy rich morons bidding for like $300+ 
mean.gif
mean.gif
; hopefully this day one resell hype dies down soon.

i was able to get my pair off eastbay no problem at all (by 705am i was done)... but i wasnt able to get a pair for my son. i was trying for any size between 5-7 (he is only wearing a size 4 now) and wasnt able to get anything. if anyone has a extra gs size let me know... im kind of salty i got them but couldnt get a pair for my son(from 705am until every account posted on twitter they were sold out).

As you may all notice, I am new around here.  Definitely not new to sneakers though.  I come from the days of being able to walk in 15 minutes before the store opened (Original releases) and buy the shoes.  My oh my have things changed since those much simpler times.  O well, enough intros, here is my horror story pertaining to the shoes of topic.

Man, that wasn't a long time ago. That was just three years ago. :lol:

Everything post concords changed, besides some like the VIII's, fire reds and retro+'s.

I used to go 30 mins to an hour early for stuff like the bordeauxs, III's and white cements. What's funny is when you're in line, and you've been there an hour, and you see people roll up 5 mins beforehand expecting to get a pair. It was easy getting a pair of royals/black toes where I'm at, if you just came an hour early. And it's not like you had to come mad early on a Saturday, black toes were for 10am. But you had people coming at 9:50 or right at 10am expecting to get a pair. They must be totally oblivious to how things have changed. I'm wondering have you been in jail for five years or are you just totally oblivious to how things have changed in the sneaker culture.

Connect came through for the win...was able to lock down a couple pairs for the homies...niiceeeee *loso voice*

Last edited:
It was retail or bust for me.. but i was willing to go maybe 20 or 30 dollars over, and that's not gonna happen so it's been one for these.. on to the next

Man, that wasn't a long time ago. That was just three years ago.
laugh.gif

Everything post concords changed, besides some like the VIII's, fire reds and retro+'s.

I used to go 30 mins to an hour early for stuff like the bordeauxs, III's and white cements. What's funny is when you're in line, and you've been there an hour, and you see people roll up 5 mins beforehand expecting to get a pair. It was easy getting a pair of royals/black toes where I'm at, if you just came an hour early. And it's not like you had to come mad early on a Saturday, black toes were for 10am. But you had people coming at 9:50 or right at 10am expecting to get a pair. They must be totally oblivious to how things have changed. I'm wondering have you been in jail for five years or are you just totally oblivious to how things have changed in the sneaker culture.
LMAO at the jail thing, nah man.  I am 30 years old, My prime Jordan buying season was back in High School.  Original Flu Games, Flints, Last Shots, Blue/White and Red/White Jordan 11 Retro (2001).  From 2001 up until just recently, I kinda stopped messing with Jordans at all.  Lots of real life way less fun things took over my life and I just couldn't care to or want to bother with shoes any more.  So since I'm just now getting back into it, I'm crash course learning.  I have a pretty good idea to as it is now in the culture.  But I still am shocked as to why a company would advertise they are taking phone orders, but then not really taking phone orders.  Just don't see the point in lying about it.

And the days I am speaking of were when Jordans released on Weekdays.  We used to skip 1st period, go grab the Jordans, and come to school with them on.  Which happens to have contributed to the now weekend releases of Jordans.  Back then, you literally only had to arrive 10-15 minutes before release to grab a pair.  And some times, you could even pick up a pair WEEKs later.  

The Champs I'd won a raffle at opened @ 10:00am. I got there at about 15 minutes 'til just to go ahead and cop before any funny business went down with my pair. When I get there I see about 50+ in line. I'm thinking to myself, "Either Champs got a lot these in stock or its going to be a lot of disappointed folks in about 15 minutes when then find out they needed a ticket." I even overheard some conversations and some dudes are just adamant that they are going to get a pair even if they don't have a winning ticket by bullying, intimidation tactics, conning , etc. Long story short, a lot of people went home upset, belligerent and empty handed. Even heard the mall security threaten to Taser some dudes on his Darien Long tip.

Won a raffle, went to go pick them up, and told them I didnt want them. The suede is way off, and the pair was SUPER ashy, smelled like straight glue. I couldn't do it. Sales associates were shocked like people don't turn down Jordans, but if I could have seen them before hand I would have not even bothered. How do some of you get to see them before release date in person? There is no mom and pops were I live, just major chains footlocker, champs, etc. 

Just won the RSVP for a size 10.5 @ Lenox. Pickup window 5-6pm.  Can't make it.  Pretty disappointed considering I couldn't pick up a pair online 
tired.gif
 good luck to whoever wants to pick these up. Not my day I suppose.

Just came back from FTL Topanga :pimp:

hopefully the 2nd pr I ordered off NDC this morning ships ASAP!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom