Air Jordan VI Doernbecher.. February 23rd 2019

It’s literally the same people who win “The Draw” but then again I’m not that mad because luckily I cook FCFS SNKRS releases manually but they never release any worthwhile shoes that way anymore. That Top 3 1s and ATL Nike Trainer release was crazy I would cook 3 pairs of each on 2 desktop browsers/mobile app SNKRS.

They're definitely not worth no damn thousand dollars thats for sure. IDC how limited they are.. these weren't even on half the "people's" radar. I still feel like the price is going to dip once all the thirst buckets cop at premium. I'm willing to off some stuff but if it gets too crazy, I'll treat them like Frags.

No way in hell Im dropping 2k on those. FOH.

Again, they’re aren’t being immortalized they’re being exploited because of the way Nike is releasing the collection. I would easily say that most of the people that are copping these are copping strictly to resell and could care less about the message because of how Nike is handling the release. So how are the designs getting in the hands of those that want them the most?! Look at this thread after the release, most that truly wanted them are talking about how outrageous the resell is on them so they just have to move on! How does limiting a product that was initially made with the intent to RAISE FUNDS for a hospital in need, a smart decision? It isn’t. That’s why in the past, the DB collection was readily available and restocked so much that at one point you could phone order them from Niketown weeks after the initial release date! I know, because that how I got the DB 6s originally. But that was back when Nike wanted to make as much as it could for the hospital and NOW it’s not about that. A 100% of the profits from the collection go to the hospital, Nike doesn’t profit from it financially, BUT now they use the DB collection as a way to further their brand and build hype, which is disgusting. They basically insure that most will miss out on the DB in hopes that the next Jordan they release will be bought by people that don’t want to miss that release because they missed out on the DB. By doing that they profit financially AND hype wise as well. They’ve been doing that for years with various other parts of Nike but to use that tactic on a collection with this type of concept attached to it is despicable. If we used your logic, the Girl Scouts would only sale 50 boxes of cookies nationwide once a year to bring awareness to them needing funds. WHY DO YOU THINK THE GIRL SCOUTS sell cookies EVERYWHERE?! It’s because they want the most funds possible in return during cookie season. And still in yet, with those cookies being available you know what the GS are and what they do. It’s that simple.
PREACh!!

I missed that post but I agree. If you really believe Nike isn't profiting by driving up hype, then they were successful at selling you a dream. I just hope I can eventually own these.. I've been hunting this shoe down since like 2011 and the price was never right or I couldn't afford it then gave up because I felt like they'd just fall apart.

Unpopular opinion incoming...

These are only sought after and coveted because of their rarity. If they were a GR on the scale of the Infrareds they wouldn't sell out at all. I personally think they're hideous. Yes I realize a sick child designed them and the proceeds go to charity. But from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I wouldn't wear them if you paid me.

*Flamesuit On*

These are only sought after and coveted because of their rarity. If they were a GR on the scale of the Infrareds they wouldn't sell out at all. I personally think they're hideous. Yes I realize a sick child designed them and the proceeds go to charity. But from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I wouldn't wear them if you paid me.

*Flamesuit On*

Big part of the reason some sneakers are more coveted than others is because they are limited. Hell, a lot of Nike's "GR" designs look a lot better than that whole Off-White x NIke collab but look at what's getting all the attention. For the DB6 itself, its one of the more cleaner more wearable colourways in the Doernbecher collection and that may explain why its more popular than the others (I personally think the ED Foams are at the top). At the end of the day, whether of not you like them, everyone's going to be talking about it, and for a limited run, that's the best return Nike can get.

*Flamesuit On*

I think they're v clean

the navy goes nicely with the accents on the tongue

Still Having A Bit Of Losers Remorse So Pulled Up A Post Of My UnDSng Of The Original Release To Help The Sting.... :rolleyes
4ED4F1C3-D148-4A5B-999C-65D294D6AE87.jpeg

Hard To Believe This Was Almost 6 Years Ago :wow:

Big part of the reason some sneakers are more coveted than others is because they are limited. Hell, a lot of Nike's "GR" designs look a lot better than that whole Off-White x NIke collab but look at what's getting all the attention. For the DB6 itself, its one of the more cleaner more wearable colourways in the Doernbecher collection and that may explain why its more popular than the others (I personally think the ED Foams are at the top). At the end of the day, whether of not you like them, everyone's going to be talking about it, and for a limited run, that's the best return Nike can get.

I agree, plus I can see why they did this with the DB line. It probably helps the morale of the kid if you can say to him:

"People love the shoes you designed! They sold out instantly and some are paying several times their price just to get a pair, great job!"

VERSUS (if they released in GR quantities)

"Hey buddy, I've got some bad news. There are still a lot of pairs of your design sitting in store shelves so I'm afraid we're going to move them over to outlets and sell them at a discount. If that doesn't work we'll have to start shipping them to Africa along with the championship shirts we printed for the losing team."

Back
Top Bottom