Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

One of the funniest things I have ever read on these boards!!!! I am not very big on the correct terminology when it comes to retros, all I know is I want them because my mom threw my originals out when I had them in high school (When Michael wore them in the playoffs and not the Fresh Prince LOL).

these will be more wanted than the bunnys but i dont think they're gonna be too crazy of a cop even if they are black/red. 8s have always been a love or hate it shoe and back when they released in 07 we got 4 or 5 high profile og color releases a YEAR..nowadays we get that in a MONTH..if not 2.. so people have to be more selective. maybe im wrong but i was just thinking back how sparse it was back in the days..

just look at the overall pic at the bottom.
http://tinyurl.com/bvo4csh

Last edited:
these will be more wanted than the bunnys but i dont think they're gonna be too crazy of a cop even if they are black/red. 8s have always been a love or hate it shoe and back when they released in 07 we got 4 or 5 high profile og color releases a YEAR..nowadays we get that in a MONTH..if not 2.. so people have to be more selective. maybe im wrong but i was just thinking back how sparse it was back in the days..

The amount of retros this year easily tops 07 I feel like JB and nike has just been killing us and summer ain't even start yet but these have a special place in my heart so it is a must cop

every year JB gets more ridiculous with their releases. so this year tops any year retro and model wise with releases you have

1's
3's
4's
5's
8's
10's
11's
12's
13's

^pretty much every loved model except VIs and VIIs. And the Maroons are a rumored drop this year so it might be every loved model besides the VIIs

Not trying to start a flame war but IIs, IXs, and XIVs don' have the same following as the other original 14.

Last edited:
^pretty much every loved model except VIs and VIIs. And the Maroons are a rumored drop this year so it might be every loved model besides the VIIs

Not trying to start a flame war but IIs, IXs, and XIVs don' have the same following as the other original 14.

9s have been VERY popular the past few years though..

Last edited:
I did not know there are pics of this shoe out there. Looks like nubuck so I will pass.
Yes, lets hate people for the date they were born.
People shouldnt be able to like a shoe just because..... They should know the history down to a T and maybe have been there to cop. That's who NIke markets to.
Yah I am not a big fan of the tongue they chose for the VIIIs

did u guys know they used this same tongue on the 8.0's thats on my sample pic

just saying

Last edited:

Wow, that's the year I got into the game.

I copped the Flips, Fire Reds (joined NT a month later), DTRTs, BMPs, Bred 1 lows, Aquas (at Modells), DBs and Playoffs.

All are run into the ground except for the Aquas and DBs which I'll unDS this year. I'm tired of them collecting dust in the closet after all these years..

Last edited:
I'm really excited about these. I'm happy with my Bugs 8s, but these are definitely my favorite colorway of the 8s. I've got mixed opinions on the suns 8s, but these are a must for me.

God I hate VIII lows
mean.gif
Me too. the only sneaker that look good with a low cut are running sneakers

these are dope but i like the og "hares" not the recently released "hares"

Not sure if this was posted or not necause i cant run through 500+ postings but i just came back from footlocker and my friend who manages it showed me the release calendar and it said JUNE 29th

will be had..! couldnt bring myself to get them bugs.. 

will happily pay for these tho!

Back
Top Bottom