Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Seems to me that the 8'a have stated fairly true to the OG's through the years...looks like these are no different...that being said I won't be copping simply because I still have my pair from the last release...now if these had the red pull tab...that's another story...

Red pull tab is very important when they already release these exact same version back in 2007 without it and now 6 years later the only thing thats changed is the retail price.

However imo the most important thing I would like to see them stick with is the darker grey almost black on the midsole along with the somewhat glitter type paint :smokin

OG vs 2007
View media item 404671

My '07 pair is NDS so im passing,but if they released like that( red pull tab and dark midsole) I'd be all over them. :pimp:

My '07 pair is NDS so im passing,but if they released like that( red pull tab and dark midsole) I'd be all over them. :pimp:
How is the paint on yours holding up? I've heard that the aquas had worse paint chipping than these but what do you think

Red pull tab is very important when they already release these exact same version back in 2007 without it and now 6 years later the only thing thats changed is the retail price.

However imo the most important thing I would like to see them stick with is the darker grey almost black on the midsole along with the somewhat glitter type paint :smokin

OG vs 2007
View media item 404671
this pic reminded me why i passed in 07..they look bootleg next ot the OGs.
I'm too old to pass again though. ^_^

Last edited:
Yeah, but what retro don't look bootleg when its next to the OG? Its just something we need to deal with, retros will never be as good as the OG's.

Magic if your asking me no im not going to try to pain the midsole. Seeing how easy it was to take the pull tab off the diamond turfs and having an aunt that sews I figure just go with what  know I can get away with. Don't want to take a real chance of messing up a perfectly good shoe.

Yeah, but what retro don't look bootleg when its next to the OG? Its just something we need to deal with, retros will never be as good as the OG's.

Well, there were retros that looked quite identical to the ogs such like the 1994 aj 1, 2, 3 retros, 1999 aj 4 retros, 2000 aj 5 and 6 retros.
The difference were very minimal. But many retros since 2002 and especially after the DMP, they made a lot of intentional alterations like using different colortones, colorblocking, materials and even very odd shapes, cuttings on "og" colorway retros.

sick.gif
u can't pop da tongue and keep em strapped, you gotta pick and choose pleghboi
He can do what he wants lol. They look cool like that to me btw however to each its own. Everyone should have their own style anyway. Its all good

Aquas were easy to get and they were cheap after they released, then a certain person who shall remain nameless started wearing them all the time and they shot up in price. All of "us" knew about how badly they crack like the III's. I swear prices skyrocketed one hundred dollars over night.

The aquas were the first hypebeast jordan to me.

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS.

Last edited:
Aquas were easy to get and they were cheap after they released, then a certain person who shall remain nameless started wearing them all the time and they shot up in price. All of "us" knew about how badly they crack like the III's. I swear prices skyrocketed one hundred dollars over night.

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS.
not sure how an OG cw can be the first hypebeast jordan.. i'd say altitudes maybe..or actually cool grey xi in 01.. who knows

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS.
not sure how an OG cw can be the first hypebeast jordan.. i'd say altitudes maybe..or actually cool grey xi in 01.. who knows

truth, and aquas sat on shelves when they retroed so they weren't hyped. It was just the trends that were happening around '07 where people wore tacky clothing which made things look hypebeast-esque ahaha

Last edited:

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIS.

I AGREE WITH THE ALTITUDE 13 STATEMENT.

Honestly saw the "culture" start to change when the first Altitude's dropped. Hasn't really been the same since. Oh well, got to adapt to new environments.

Back
Top Bottom