Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

I would love to get my hands on these shoes before the start of summer. Hopefully they won't retail for the $180 Modern Notoriety was talking about...
Who am I kidding? I'm still going to buy them.

:rofl: at all this nitpicking and wishing. Like I said the red pull tab isn't that big of a deal, at least to me. Y'all keep chirping and watch them re-release these in 2 years with a red pull tab :lol:. I know there are "purists" but stuff like that shouldn't get you all worked up. Before my OGs disintegrated, I actually thought of cutting the red pull tab and stitching it on my 07's. Then I woke up and thought, that's doing too much.

I'm trying to complete the six rings set (all playoff/championship shoes) i have them all in OG besides the 2001 infrared 6 and 2002 7 raptors which are true to OG retros... I need the playoff 8 to complete the set, red pull tab matters to me. :smokin

Is anybody here foot size a 8.5? Are these going to be true to size for people that wear 8.5 or are they going to be a half size big like I hear a lot from people with big feet?

I guess most can live w/o the red tab. JB could have done worse. :lol:

Still a great shoe. Always loved the multicolored inner boot. :smokin

About doubling up on shoes, I go for shoes that are not already retros, lebrons etc. there are a few retros I did double though.

Then get OG's
eyes.gif

And if you care about something being true to form, stop calling them raptors.
roll.gif

Last edited:
I'm trying to complete the six rings set (all playoff/championship shoes) i have them all in OG besides the 2001 infrared 6 and 2002 7 raptors which are true to OG retros... I need the playoff 8 to complete the set, red pull tab matters to me. :smokin

Then get OG's :rolleyes

And if you care about something being true to form, stop calling them raptors.
STOP IT 5!!!

OG 6-8 in a cracking state? no thank you... we all have our reasons, i stated mine without dissing anybody. not having a red pull tab is not the end of the world though, it would have been great personally but without it wouldn't stop me from buying a pair. It's still a great shoe.

so what if i call it "raptors"? thats what i use here in nt.. people like to call shoes names here anyways. at the end of the day it's the shoe that matters not the name. :smh:

Last edited:
:rofl: at all this nitpicking and wishing. Like I said the red pull tab isn't that big of a deal, at least to me. Y'all keep chirping and watch them re-release these in 2 years with a red pull tab :lol:. I know there are "purists" but stuff like that shouldn't get you all worked up. Before my OGs disintegrated, I actually thought of cutting the red pull tab and stitching it on my 07's. Then I woke up and thought, that's doing too much.

:lol: whut? Ok... saying raptors then caring about getting "six rings set". You treat kicks like pokemon cards f o h with that.

Why y'all talking about Aqua VIII's in a Playoff VIII thread? Make a thread wishing for those. This ain't the place :smh:

NOT THAT SERIOUS.

View media item 325286

I'm just happy to see these return actually and their are very few jays I can say that about

Can't wait had a pair and my crib got broken in to so many lost kicks tht day!! anyone know what retail is on these? just wondering since 13's are 170 now and 11 are 185

:lol: whut? Ok... saying raptors then caring about getting "six rings set". You treat kicks like pokemon cards f o h with that.

Why y'all talking about Aqua VIII's in a Playoff VIII thread? Make a thread wishing for those. This ain't the place :smh:

NOT THAT SERIOUS.

View media item 325286

DID YOU MAKE THAT GIF? NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE >D

This thread if funny, let that man cook if he wants to complete his 'set' and call a shoe a certain name let him do that. Agree with him on not copping OG's never understood the concept of copping a $400+ shoe that is not wearable? Yes Nostalgia but i dont own a museum nor cop shoes just to look at so i dont mind a retro as long at it looks/feels ok

In all seriousness the missing red tab is the least of our worries, these things might be more ashier than larry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom