Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

One of the few releases this year that involves me having a previously released version that is still in very good condition.

Phew.

A few bucks saved.

...On to the grapes... :evil:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL THEY PLEASE CONFIRM OR DENY THE AQUA 8'S.

I FIENDING TO DOUBLE UP ON THOSE.
Just ask Modern-Notoriety!  They're the ones who started the rumor back in 2012 and got you all fiending about the possibility of the Original 8's lineup returning this year.  

Last edited:
:rofl: at all this nitpicking and wishing. Like I said the red pull tab isn't that big of a deal, at least to me. Y'all keep chirping and watch them re-release these in 2 years with a red pull tab :lol:. I know there are "purists" but stuff like that shouldn't get you all worked up. Before my OGs disintegrated, I actually thought of cutting the red pull tab and stitching it on my 07's. Then I woke up and thought, that's doing too much.

Last edited:
:rofl: at all this nitpicking and wishing. Like I said the red pull tab isn't that big of a deal, at least to me. Y'all keep chirping and watch them re-release these in 2 years with a red pull tab :lol:. I know there are "purists" but stuff like that shouldn't get you all worked up. Before my OGs disintegrated, I actually thought of cutting the red pull tab and stitching it on my 07's. Then I woke up and thought, that's doing too much.

I also think the red vs black pull tab is not a big deal.
For me its more important that the upper us durabuck with the pattern on it and that the midsole paintjob dont crack and chip like crazy.

how would anyone know what color the pull tab is 90% of the time anyway?

Most people wear their retros with jeans.

I also think the red vs black pull tab is not a big deal.
For me its more important that the upper us durabuck with the pattern on it and that the midsole paintjob dont crack and chip like crazy.

Well, all I can say is, if you have 07's you're good. I had both and compared them. The 07's were on par quality wise. They even aged the same in the same spots. So anyone saying they were bad is just nitpicking. Even the soles that some complain were "light" on 07s are incorrect. At one point, I held them side by side and the 07's were done right. No gripes here. I doubled up last time, and it's amazing how easy it was. I actually got three pairs two for me, one for my brother (who JUST sold his pair to a thirsty friend of his for $160 :lol:. I felt some kind of way about that too :lol: but oh well) No site crashes no TLO, much simpler times :smh:

Last edited:
how would anyone know what color the pull tab is 90% of the time anyway?

Most people wear their retros with jeans.

bingo, if you are over 18 complaining about the color of a pull tab or a lace lock im :smh: and praying for u

these will be had even if they took the pull tab completely off, i guess some people want every lil thing on their shoes perfect, remember this is jordan brand not nikeid

Last edited:
bingo, if you are over 18 complaining about the color of a pull tab or a lace lock im :smh: and praying for u

these will be had even if they took the pull tab completely off, i guess some people want every lil thing on their shoes perfect, remember this is jordan brand not nikeid

I don't remember this amount of whining in 07 when these retroed the first time...

Probably was tho.

:lol:

I don't remember this amount of whining in 07 when these retroed the first time...

Probably was tho.

there was..

Niketalk even put the red pull tab on the back of their anniversary shirt the next year ( or was it a hat?)

if they can put out the 3s with nike air they can put out these with a red pull tab.. and if rocked properly the pull tab shows when wearing pants too. it may seem small to some, but its a nice touch on the *** of the shoe

Probably was tho.

there was..

Niketalk even put the red pull tab on the back of their anniversary shirt the next year ( or was it a hat?)

if they can put out the 3s with nike air they can put out these with a red pull tab.. and if rocked properly the pull tab shows when wearing pants too. it may seem small to some, but its a nice touch on the *** of the shoe

there was..

THAT i remember :lol:

Playoffs are definitely a Great shoe. I would have to say the 07s were the only pair of 8s that were done right since 03. Every other pair had paint issues, but these were sturdy. Was able to pick up a pair of these and Aquas wore twice for 75 a peice back in OCT. Have to love the older dude that dont know about collecting lol. Might have to pass on these but i hope they do the 07s justice.

Why y'all talking about Aqua VIII's in a Playoff VIII thread? Make a thread wishing for those. This ain't the place :smh:

Last edited:
Impatiently awaiting a release date now... one would think june since may is crowded, but i wouldnt mind these being put between the grapes and 1s. The beasts would go for the other 2 moreso than these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom