Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Nah for real. They keep bringing back all these jordans that don't need to be brought back. They need to retro the 16s + 17s before they get into anything else. Plus the Quality is slowly declining. Of course u probably don't know that if u started buying jordans in 2011

Last edited:
Nah for real. They keep bringing back all these jordans that don't need to be brought back. They need to retro the 16s + 17s before they get into anything else. Plus the Quality is slowly declining. Of course u probably don't know that if u started buying jordans in 2011
no if they don't re retro all these shoes going to end up on ebay for 800 and up and after 14 the jordans aren't that popular.

Trollface.jpg

Maybe not as popular but I mean my cousins started back when they first came out so they got on me when I got the ones in 2007. It's a cycle

Even tho I missed out on '07s, I still feel like it's too soon to retro all these 8s that have released within the past 5-6 years. They should've retroed something that makes more sense, like Chromes...

Even tho I missed out on '07s, I still feel like it's too soon to retro all these 8s that have released within the past 5-6 years. They should've retroed something that makes more sense, like Chromes...
Thank you. Thats basically what Im saying! But these guys in their feelings about it haha its not that big. Im sure Real Heads can agree as well 
pimp.gif

Thank you. Thats basically what Im saying! But these guys in their feelings about it haha its not that big. Im sure Real Heads can agree as well 
pimp.gif
Real Heads know JB NEVER gives the people exactly what they want. They want to wet your beak then leave you feindin for more. theyre great at what they do.

I would've preferred Chromes to retro but I'll definitely pick these up. Should be easy since all the beasts are going to save their lunch money for the Black Grapes 5s and pass on these.

But then again, these could be a consolation prize for those kids if the they miss on the 5s since they are "limited".

I mentioned chromes earlier, but I can't complain about these playoffs, it has been 6 years since we last saw them. I don't' care about exclusivity at all, I wish that I could cop any J I want at any time.

It makes sense for JB to drop these in 2013...I mean its the 20th anniversary of The 1993 NBA PLAYOFFS/Finals when MJ got that first 3-Peat with these on his feet...even though the turn around is quick from '07...but imo i not mad @ JB from dropping them...my '07 pair is still good to go so i will be passing but i hope that everyone is able to get a pair that wants them...

I would've preferred Chromes to retro but I'll definitely pick these up. Should be easy since all the beasts are going to save their lunch money for the Black Grapes 5s and pass on these.

But then again, these could be a consolation prize for those kids if the they miss on the 5s since they are "limited".
The beasts will then save their lunch money for the red 4s 2 weeks after these :smile:

As much as I love the 8's and I am looking forward to these I can't picture myself rocking these in the heat especially in the 90 + weather we are having here in NYC. Does anyone feel like this as well?

As much as I love the 8's and I am looking forward to these I can't picture myself rocking these in the heat especially in the 90 + weather we are having here in NYC. Does anyone feel like this as well?

Yeah these are defiantly a spring/ fall shoe. I remember see something saying the VIII's gave MJ athletes foot because they are poorly ventilated. :lol:

For one after the 14's a lot of people don't mess with the rest of the Jordan's.    Second why would Nike wait to release these retros.  At the end of the day they want to make as much money as possible.   In a year or 2 the sneaker trend is more then likely gonna get played out with most people.    Remember throwback jerseys?  remember when everyone was rocking warm up suits? Jean shorts? Baggy Jeans?  Nike is riding the the wave while it lasts.   

Yeah these are defiantly a spring/ fall shoe. I remember see something saying the VIII's gave MJ athletes foot because they are poorly ventilated.
laugh.gif
Don't know if it was because of the VIII's but Jordan def had AF that year.....

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_dr-john-hefferon-avery-johnson-spurs-coach

March 06, 1993|By Sam Smith.

/* Javascript deferred */

Michael Jordan almost certainly will be recovered enough from his athlete's foot infection to play in the next game, Tuesday at home against Seattle, Dr. John Hefferon said.

"If this game (Friday) was tomorrow, he'd be able to play," said the Bulls' physician.

Hefferon said Jordan would stay in Northwestern Memorial Hospital Friday for a second night and go home Saturday, where he would continue IV treatment with antibiotics.

Last edited:
For one after the 14's a lot of people don't mess with the rest of the Jordan's.    Second why would Nike wait to release these retros.  At the end of the day they want to make as much money as possible.   In a year or 2 the sneaker trend is more then likely gonna get played out with most people.    Remember throwback jerseys?  remember when everyone was rocking warm up suits? Jean shorts? Baggy Jeans?  Nike is riding the the wave while it lasts.   

I don't really get this. It's totally different from those examples. Sneakers aren't a fad or style. Everyone from a six month old to a 90 year old man will wear sneakers. People aren't going to stop wearing sneakers. Being a sneakerhead might be trendy, but wearing sneakers isn't.

U definitely right about that. Definitely.

In a year or 2 the sneaker trend is more then likely gonna get played out with most people.    Remember throwback jerseys?  remember when everyone was rocking warm up suits? Jean shorts? Baggy Jeans?  Nike is riding the the wave while it lasts.   

I hope so tbh. Then maybe things can go somewhat back to how they used to be. Tired of all these new "sneakerheads."

Back
Top Bottom