Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Have never done wristbands but from how it was explained to me is that it guarantees you entrance into the mall Sat. morning but it doesn't guarantee a size, you're simply guaranteed a pair since they give out wrist bands equivalent to the number of shoes they get. But I don't see the point either since it still forces you to get up early and try to be the first one there to get your size. As far as guaranteed tickets it is basically the same as FCFS the only difference it prevents a mob scene outside the store the morning of and all the violence and ridiculousness that comes with it, you can come in on Sat during the day during normal business hours and pick them up. But then again the same violence can occur during camp outs for guaranteed tickets, so I'm not too sold on their logic. 
I get you, but I don't get the logic either. If I understand correctly, the wristbands actually mean you'd have to be there early twice... Once to get the wristband and then again to beat the other people who got wristbands to guarantee your size. I guess it must work better for some stores since they continue to use it and plenty of NT'ers seem to like that process better but I just don't get it.

Do they not let people know in advance and just give them out on a random day? Seems like if you know when the tickets/bands are being giving out, the camp just moves from the day before release day to the day before ticket/band giveaway day.

Sorry for the questions, just curious if there's something I'm missing. If there is a more proper thread to ask these questions, please point me in the right direction. I don't mean to clog the thread with Raffle/Wristband questions.

So these are selling out, and the foams will b capable to play retail untill when? Or are both selling out?
It might be a regional thing so YMMV but in my area foams rarely sit. Last ones that did were the Gym Greens and they only sat for less than a week before selling out. I can't remember another Foamposite (at retail price) that wasn't sold out in every store around me by Sunday morning.

As far as the VIIIs, I think NDC will sell out but they might not sell out in every retail store immediately. This is all a guess so please don't take my prediction as fact, but if there's any Jordan that might sit, it's the VIII (excluding Aquas). Major cities will prob sell out over hte weekend but you may be able to stock locate a pair at one of those out of the way Foot Lockers that don't get much traffic. I don't expect them to sit anywhere for too long tho. I see the Playoff's being dried up at retail in a week or so, tops. All speculation tho.

Last edited:
Congrats. Got mine locked as well. I can finally stop rushing to the phone every time it rings. LOL
Thanks.. i think i was more happy about not having to stalk my phone any more.. even tho i still will be keeping an eye out to see if fnl calls.. wouldn't mind using a wc coupon on these

Last edited:
I get you, but I don't get the logic either. If I understand correctly, the wristbands actually mean you'd have to be there early twice... Once to get the wristband and then again to beat the other people who got wristbands to guarantee your size. I guess it must work better for some stores since they continue to use it and plenty of NT'ers seem to like that process better but I just don't get it.

Do they not let people know in advance and just give them out on a random day? Seems like if you know when the tickets/bands are being giving out, the camp just moves from the day before release day to the day before ticket/band giveaway day.

Sorry for the questions, just curious if there's something I'm missing. If there is a more proper thread to ask these questions, please point me in the right direction. I don't mean to clog the thread with Raffle/Wristband questions.
it's all good you bring up good points. not sure if there's a thread for this. wristband never made sense to me either bec like you said it's still time consuming and you still my get screwed with your size. Guaranteed tickets I kind of get bec even though you still have to camp it's a bit less stressful on the store than to deal with a ton of people lining up the morning of. Now raffles make the most sense to me where you give your name during the week and they call you on Friday (btw I didn't get my call :frown:  ) if you were picked, however it's the most susceptible to shadiness and underhanded dealings, which I'm not gonna go into here.

And staying on the topic of 8's, in my area at the local FT and FA there were approximately 500 people entering a raffle for only 30 pairs available. 

Most NTs and HOHs are doing FCFS... I know some got a crapload...One HOH in Central Jersey got 192 pairs...so a lot of people will have a chance to cop at these places f they get in line...

it's all good you bring up good points. not sure if there's a thread for this. wristband never made sense to me either bec like you said it's still time consuming and you still my get screwed with your size. Guaranteed tickets I kind of get bec even though you still have to camp it's a bit less stressful on the store than to deal with a ton of people lining up the morning of. Now raffles make the most sense to me where you give your name during the week and they call you on Friday (btw I didn't get my call :frown:  ) if you were picked, however it's the most susceptible to shadiness and underhanded dealings, which I'm not gonna go into here.

And staying on the topic of 8's, in my area at the local FT and FA there were approximately 500 people entering a raffle for only 30 pairs available. 
Trust me, I know how shady those raffles can get. The closest HOH to me has MASTERED the art of the "rigged raffle."

500 people to 30 pairs. Slim shot. Good luck. Where are you located?

Kicksdeals tweeted these were available on KixSquare.com but it wouldn't let me add anything to my cart it says all items were either being sold in others carts did anybody get through or has anybody used this site before?

Anybody expecting resale prices to drop considering they're at about $230 a day before release...? Might have to bite the bullet if I miss out on NDC.

Trust me, I know how shady those raffles can get. The closest HOH to me has MASTERED the art of the "rigged raffle."

500 people to 30 pairs. Slim shot. Good luck. Where are you located?
No call for me, will try my luck online tom morning. I'm in Brooklyn. 

I just got my pair through sneakersteal which gave a weblink to Kixsquare.com. The shoes cost 159.99 and shipping is 19.99. Total was $179.98.

At first I tried ordering a pair in size 12, said there wasn't any and that it might be in other peoples carts. I just went back and tried to reclick a size 12 again, and it went through the second time and took me to checkout.

Allows you to pay through CC/Debit?Paypal. Awesome service, now I can sleep in tomorrow and not have to take my chances with the NDC craziness!

Last edited:
Anybody expecting resale prices to drop considering they're at about $230 a day before release...? Might have to bite the bullet if I miss out on NDC.
it always does, be patient wait until tomorrow we will see a slight dip and then wed-friday your see a bigger dip from online sales. The thing about resellers is they get desperate to move items and they will cut each other off and continue lowering the price. It slows after 30 days and after 60 days prices get firm and rise. 

Im in Toledo and all our stores around here are doing raffles for the 8s n foams. still waiting on that phone call lol.

I just got my pair through sneakersteal which gave a weblink to Kixsquare.com. The shoes cost 159.99 and shipping is 19.99. Total was $179.98.

At first I tried ordering a pair in size 12, said there wasn't any and that it might be in other peoples carts. I just went back and tried to reclick a size 12 again, and it went through the second time and took me to checkout.

Allows you to pay through CC/Debit?Paypal. Awesome service, now I can sleep in tomorrow and not have to take my chances with the NDC craziness!
after trying for about 10 minutes I finally got a size 11 in my cart. Then I realized it was $20 shipping and I decided to pass. I really hope I don't strike out and regret that. I mean I already have one 10 and a half on lock and I entered a bunch of Raffles. Also I usually get what I want of Nike.com . There should still be some pairs kixsquare.com

Last edited:
My store in Arlington is doing FCFS. I don't know why I feel cats will sleep on this release in my area. we will see tho! It will be a game time decision. My FB Sneaker market got some stuff I been looking for (Black and Red 12's "leather ones", grey toe 13's, black and red 14's!)

after trying for about 10 minutes I finally got a size 11 in my cart. Then I realized it was $20 shipping and I decided to pass. I really hope I don't strike out and regret that. I mean I already have one 10 and a half on lock and I entered a bunch of Raffles. Also I usually get what I want of Nike.com . There should still be some pairs kixsquare.com
Yea the shipping wasn't ideal for me either, but I figured it was worth it to avoid the headaches of striking out tomorrow. I didn't go the raflles/Guaranteed tickets route due to work, so paying a couple extra bucks I figured was worth it. And it lets me sleep in tomorrow as well.

It's hard to tell these days what shoes are going to sit on the shelves or sell out in seconds. It seems like JB retro's, especially in this type of colorway, always sells out quickly. The sneakersteal deal is a great option for people that don't have a pair on lock for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom