Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

the tagging on the inside had different dates i think. If im wrong some1 can correct me im not the most knowledgable when it come to the grey market kicks. Majority of my kicks come from FTL or other reputable sources.
what if a sneaker continues to rerelease like the bred 11s? wouldnt they have different dates as well

if ninjahood wants to rock grey market pairs let him cook. i wouldnt wear em though.
true, but how can you tell a legit from a grey market shoe? they both look the same if you minus that ftl sticker off the box
you cant...and anyone here that says you can is lying.

grey market space jams are unauthorized run of legit sneakers that for some reason or another da factory who is contracted to make jordans

from nike are doing it under their noses.

da only way people have been able to somewhat tell what they are is A. da amount that they have flooded da marketplace B. da icy soles

they have from being freshly made recently and not gradually aging from 2009. best believe as soon as they start to hit pavement and begin to

yellow like other pairs of XI's they are completely indistinguishable from their retail counterparts since they're made exactly da same.

if you wanna have a pair made from da 2009 release, just look for a footlocker sticker/footaction sticker/etc. and or a actual receipt, otherwise

if you're just gonna wear em they're da same thing from retail pairs.

true, but how can you tell a legit from a grey market shoe? they both look the same if you minus that ftl sticker off the box
the tagging on the inside had different dates i think. If im wrong some1 can correct me im not the most knowledgable when it come to the grey market kicks. Majority of my kicks come from FTL or other reputable sources.
this is incorrect.

da grey market pairs are literally "frozen in time" and completely re-make everything from da exact born date of their original release.

grey market space jams are unauthorized run of legit sneakers that for some reason or another da factory who is contracted to make jordans

da only way people have been able to somewhat tell what they are is A. da amount that they have flooded da marketplace B. da icy soles

they have from being freshly made recently and not gradually aging from 2009. best believe as soon as they start to hit pavement and begin to

yellow like other pairs of XI's they are completely indistinguishable from their retail counterparts since they're made exactly da same.

if you wanna have a pair made from da 2009 release, just look for a footlocker sticker/footaction sticker/etc. and or a actual receipt, otherwise

makes sense but i do know one way u can distinguish a grey area shoe from a legit,  by tearing apart the sneaker like that cat who disected the cool grey 11s on youtube(one pair was from an actual retailer and i think the other pair was from o sneaker)

Last edited:

makes sense but i do know one way u can distinguish a grey area shoe from a legit,   by tearing apart the sneaker like that cat who disected the cool grey 11s on youtube(one pair was from an actual retailer and i think the other pair was from o sneaker)
im sure everyone has money to mutilate perfectly fine sneakers
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

remember when he said in da beginning "they're made with da same materials"

im sure everyone has money to mutilate perfectly fine sneakers :rolleyes :lol:

most sneakers are made from the same materials though,even horrible fugazis still use patent leather.

im sure everyone has money to mutilate perfectly fine sneakers
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

most sneakers are made from the same materials though,even horrible fugazis still use patent leather.
super wrong.

Cheap-Air-Jordan-11-1025_4.jpg

fakes

jordan-XI-bred-playoffs-111.jpg

real

you can tell fakes have "texturized" patent leather which isn't da same material and they dont have REAL carbon fiber either...

Cheap-Air-Jordan-11-1025.jpg

Jordan-11-Retro-Black-Red-7-800x600-Releasing-Air-Jordan-11-Retro-BRED-Playoffs-.jpeg

grey market pairs have EVERYTHING their retail counterparts have...this is why you dont see ANY legit checks on black and red

XI's because people can't tell at all...what ya thought only space jams were being re-made over and over and over again?
laugh.gif

theyre still the same material, just different quality wise and treated differently.

and as for the breds, i got mine straight outta ntny so i dont have to worry about that grey market ****. There's a reason why FCNY stopped accepting grey market pairs, and there is certainly a difference if places like FC can distinguish between the two.

theyre still the same material, just different quality wise and treated differently.

and as for the breds, i got mine straight outta ntny so i dont have to worry about that grey market ****. There's a reason why FCNY stopped accepting grey market pairs, and there is certainly a difference if places like FC can distinguish between the two.
HELL naw..that **** is plastic, its not real patent leather.

and who said FCNY stopped accepting grey market pairs?
laugh.gif

this is incorrect.

da grey market pairs are literally "frozen in time" and completely re-make everything from da exact born date of their original release.
So they FAKE the production date? To make them look REAL?
no, they dont change anything about em from their 2009 inception because they're UNAUTHORIZED. putting a updated born on em would basically

be snitching on themselves to nike HQ.

unauthorized =/= fake

ya forgot when those early release jordans first had "promo" on da tags? too many alarms were set off doing that.

They would be "snitching themselves to nike HQ"? So Nike HQ doesn't know about this? Or they aren't able to control what goes on in their facilities?

I see what your saying Ninja that you can prove they are not fake but you can't prove they are real either. You make too many assumptions/theories and believe them as fact. If you have actually been there or have some viable evidence. Not evidence like pictures of shoes or the claim of exact same materials from unauthorized and authorized pairs. That's still based off observation. You say they are made at nike factories but how do you really know that? Pictures of said factory? documents? Quotes from the workers themselves? I mean of course fakes are gonna try to use the same materials as the real ones. It's supposed to be a replicate.

Last edited:
They would be "snitching themselves to nike HQ"? So Nike HQ doesn't know about this? Or they aren't able to control what goes on in their facilities?

I see what your saying Ninja that you can prove they are not fake but you can't prove they are real either. You make too many assumptions/theories and believe them as fact. If you have actually been there or have some viable evidence. Not evidence like pictures of shoes or the claim of exact same materials from unauthorized and authorized pairs. That's still based off observation. You say they are made at nike factories but how do you really know that? Pictures of said factory? documents? Quotes from the workers themselves? I mean of course fakes are gonna try to use the same materials as the real ones. It's supposed to be a replicate.
im thinking both.

having held these in my hand and comparing them to my store bought pairs, its fairly obvious they're identical and they were made recently.

there's no other way you can explain it other then being grey market pairs...this isn't me assuming anything, da same thing happened to da ewing

brand in da 90's...

Makes perfect sense now why dude in 11.5 buy n sell had a pair in a swapped box, crytal clear BlUE soled space jams for 400

What didnt make sense is he says "100% authentic" and doesnt mention a thing about gray market

Makes perfect sense now why dude in 11.5 buy n sell had a pair in a swapped box, crytal clear BlUE soled space jams for 400

What didnt make sense is he says "100% authentic" and doesnt mention a thing about gray market
footlocker boxes and receipts in addition to da XI's = $$$$$$$

otherwise? retail pairs and grey market pairs are indentical other then that fresh blue sole they use on em...

and even thats only a temporary measure, once you wear em and they start to age..forget about it.

Last edited:
HELL naw..that **** is plastic, its not real patent leather.

and who said FCNY stopped accepting grey market pairs? :lol:
FCNY stopped a while ago. They used to sell sneakers early but stopped because of the grey market fiasco.

im thinking both.

having held these in my hand and comparing them to my store bought pairs, its fairly obvious they're identical and they were made recently.

there's no other way you can explain it other then being grey market pairs...this isn't me assuming anything, da same thing happened to da ewing

brand in da 90's...
That was an assumption. Your assuming if it happened with Ewing, then it must be the same with Nike. Another causation fallacy.

And the "having held these in my hand and comparing them to my store bought pairs, its fairly obvious they're identical and they were made recently." is very subjective.

What I'm trying to say is, I myself can't prove they are fake as much as you cant prove they are real. There isn't enough evidence to claim either of those. We can theorize all we want but that's all it is. Theories, trying to make explanations out of our observations, and our common sense.

One can't claim it's white/authentic.One also can't claim it's black/fake. It isn't fake or authentic. It isn't black or white. That's why it's called a GREY market pair.

Is it me or they look better a little beat with a little yellowing, been wearing my pair all day since these are my favorite of all time

im thinking both.

brand in da 90's...
That was an assumption. Your assuming if it happened with Ewing, then it must be the same with Nike. Another causation fallacy.

And the "having held these in my hand and comparing them to my store bought pairs, its fairly obvious they're identical and they were made recently." is very subjective.

What I'm trying to say is, I myself can't prove they are fake as much as you cant prove they are real. There isn't enough evidence to claim either of those. We can theorize all we want but that's all it is. Theories, trying to make explanations out of our observations, and our common sense.

One can't claim it's white/authentic.One also can't claim it's black/fake. It isn't fake or authentic. It isn't black or white. That's why it's called a GREY market pair.
not really da correct usage..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

A grey market or gray market, also known as parallel market,[sup][1][/sup] is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer

not really da correct usage..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

A grey market or gray market, also known as parallel market,[SUP][1][/SUP] is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer
Alright we can use formal definitions if you want but I still stand by my statement of being neither fake nor real. Therefore grey. And please don't quote Wikipedia

Im sure a lot of people bought TaoBao pairs too, just buy from an authorized retailer, peace of mind will always be first since fake/grey market pairs technology stepped up

Im sure a lot of people bought TaoBao pairs too, just buy from an authorized retailer, peace of mind will always be first since fake/grey market pairs technology stepped up
fakes/grey markets aren't da same but your logic is right.

here's a great article i found about da issue..

[h1]Discussion: Are They Legit if Nike Doesn’t Approve[/h1]
August 19, 2011 - 45 comments

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve.jpg

Earlier this week we reported on an article posted by Sole Supremacy, a local consignment shop in the Bay Area, which gave readers something to think about prior to purchasing your sneakers early from early online retailers.

By now we all know there is a separate market for sneaker enthusiasts in which the factories hired by Nike to take care of the production and manufacturing of products end up cutting a deal with said early sellers in order to turn over a huge profit per pair of shoes sold. These sneakers are not authorized or approved by Nike to be manufactured & sold to public yet they end up making their way online for those of us who want to secure their pair, buy a pair early or simply just don’t have the patients it takes to wait 3-4 months until release date.

What is even more interesting than this ‘other’ market is what the factories are starting to produce specifically for their local buyers to sell to their consumers.

There is a local Bay Area resident who had just purchased a pair of Space Jam Air Jordan XI’s which were magically restocked at an online retailer aka early site. I was going to include the name of this retailer but have since decided not to do so. Anyhow, there was a restock of Space Jam AJXI’s… strange since they were manufactured and released in 2009. The pair purchased came in its official packaging, included the shoe trees and looked legit. In fact, they were legit… everything from the materials to the tech placed inside of the shoe came straight out of a Nike manufacturing plant. This is where it starts to get interesting…

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-1.jpg

Notice the manufacture date on the tag. The final date labeled on the shoe states the product had been completed on 2/12/10… for a product that had released in 2009?

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-3.jpg

Besides the tag, the only difference between the ’09 pair (on the left) and the ‘restocked’ pair (right) is the patent leather cut is slightly higher; just in case you’re wondering, they are both a Men’s size 11. Other than that it’d be hard to tell the two apart from one another.

My only guess as to how something like this were to happen is if Nike/ Jordan Brand were secretly planning a re-release, which makes absolutely no sense at all seeing as how the Concords are releasing in December, or the factory that has been contracted to manufacture Nike’s products produced a run of Space Jam Air Jordan XI’s specifically for these early sites to sell.

Discussion-Are-They-Legit-if-Nike-Doesnt-Approve-2.jpg

The good in all of this is that if you were to have purchased a pair, they are extremely icy where most of ours from 2009 are showing signs of age. The bad is that these runs of Space Jam XI’s are not authorized by Nike so the quality standards are nonexistent in this case. You can’t even label these B-Grade products either since they have not gone through quality control, they are more like ghost shoes… they really don’t exist.

Say you receive said product from said retailer and there were something wrong with the shoe. Typically you would file a claim with Nike, send the sneakers to Beaverton where they go through an inspection and then a decision is made to either issue the purchaser a credit for the retail price or send the shoes back to the consumer. If the pair sent to Nike was a non authorized pair, what would happen? Would Nike be able to tell the difference? If they were, what would happen… would you have your shoes sent back to you or would they keep them?

In a sense, you could buy a pair of these so called ‘restocked’ Space Jams for their $245 asking price (not including shipping charges) that are technically non Nike products or you can spend $65 on a pair of fake Space Jams which are also a non authorized Nike product… only difference is one seller is being honest about what you are purchasing while the other is being deceitful.

So, my question to you is this; if they are made at the Nike factory, with Nike materials and Nike tech without Nike’s acknowledgement or consent… are they real Nike/ Jordan products?

Does any of this change your perspective on purchasing from early sellers or do you not care either way?

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2011/08/19/discussion-are-they-legit-if-nike-doesnt-approve/

True either way fakes/grey markets are completely different but still if not authorized i don't consider them legit, thanks for the link very good read

Back
Top Bottom