Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

seeing how the cool grey discussion has officially become to an end, someone has to make a new thread and name it the "official eastbay hate thread"

Originally Posted by flyHIGHjordan

seeing how the cool grey discussion has officially become to an end, someone has to make a new thread and name it the "official eastbay hate thread"

Where would the thread go. Seriously.

AceBoogie wrote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

laugh.gif
at anyone who thinks because they decide to stop buying from eastbay that they will lose out. Someone else will gladly take your place as a customer.

This. After the hassle I went through just to get a pair, I know they aren't even blinking at a few sneakerheads boycotting them.

I would think quite different. First, it is much more expensive to find new consumers than it is to keep the ones you have. Second, there is no line of people waiting to be able to make purchases from Eastbay. They want as many customers as they can get, especially customers that are willing to make purchases at higher price points. Loosing a few customers is not going to effect releases where the demand is greater than the supply, but Eastbay does not conduct a majority of its business on those types of products. Eastbay knows of the problem, they must decide whether or not the cost of double boxing every order will outweigh the cost of shipping in bags and having unhappy customers (not everyone customer is unhappy their shoes are shipped in bags).

Move all these comments into a Official Eastbay thread. I am sure that would have some influence on corporate. If you all wanna talk grey than do it, for now its been beaten to death and I am still waiting on my shoes!

Eastbay is good money with me. Their site is just craptastic when it comes to major releases, as is any site (as I found out from NDC last week). I definitely will use them when I see fit.

Anywho, I finally picked up my CGs from fedex and boy are they amazing. I almost want to get another pair, but then I thought about all of the releases in the first quarter of next year alone. I'll just take care of these bad boys.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by All Ready

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

laugh.gif
at anyone who thinks because they decide to stop buying from eastbay that they will lose out. Someone else will gladly take your place as a customer.
QFT. Unfortunately this is the case. Those douches can care less if a select group from a sneaker forum boycott. It's just like the whole boycott JB argument. Unfortunately, there is always someone else that will gladly take your spot.

I still haven't purchased anything from Eastbay in years. I hated the fact that they don't have the common courtesy to even double box your shoes. Nike.com always double boxes my stuff. Regardless if it's just a T-Shirt or if it's 5 pairs of shoes. Logistically, it just makes sense.

I don't think it's fair to blame Ryan or Ray. They are CSR's. They are just doing their job. That response was directly from the book.

But to ship out shoes without a box like that,
mad.gif
. Better to dial up the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint.
far from true, niketalk is easy money for eastbay, nt doesn't just buy popular releases, alotta nt'ers buy everything off eastbay or other sites

think about it, these reps get paid to lurk nt and post replies to members, THEY CARE

these cats aren't the founders of nt and they literally get paid to use it

with that said, there is absolutely no way they should ship out an order without all it's components before notifying the potential customer, key word being POTENTIAL customer

It might be "easy money" to get customers off NT, but I highly doubt NT makes up the majority of consumers from Eastbay. Eastbay's bread and butter is team sports and selling to schools/teams. Then comes running. All these releases are huge for the company no doubt, but if the JB section of NT decided to boycott Eastbay, I doubt they'd see a hit. It would just make it easier for the resellers and other people not on NT to cop Eastbay releases on that bogus timer of theirs. Not to mention that Footlocker/Champs/Footaction are all under the same company umbrella.

But I do agree with you that they should never ship an order out like that. Imagine if you ordered a TV and it came in some cardboard box that was not original packaging. How would you feel? There's a reason why you get a hefty discount when you buy open box/bulk packaging products. Shoes are no different.

well this is an amazing email i received from finish line regarding my Altitude's from over 2 weeks ago... smh

"12/27/2010

Dear (so and so),

Thank you for your recent order, number 2620409968, from Finish Line. We regret to inform you that we cannot process your order because we do not have the item(s) in stock. We attempted to find the merchandise at one of our stores, but it was not available in the color and size that you ordered.

Qty item# Color item Description
2 414571 002 AJ 13

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and you will not be charged for any of these items on your order.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding your order. Our Customer Service associates are available by phone Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 11:00pm EST; Sat, 8am-8pm EST; Sun, 10am-6pm EST at 888-777-3949 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 888-777-3949 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or by email at [email protected]. Thank you for your order and visit us again soon at http://www.finishline.com/

Regards ,

Finish Line Customer Service
BE HEARD"

so wait a minute, they're telling me that they sold me sneakers that were already sold out? it doesn't make any sense why they oversell like this. i used finishline to get 4 pairs of space jams last year and it was the most organized and simple process i've ever experienced. when the site overloaded, it went down for about 15 minutes. once it reloaded they would continue to sell the sneakers. this time around they oversold stock they didnt have and cancelled random orders. it doesn't make any sense. i can honestly say that i will no longer use finish line after this bull. whats the point of even trying and then thinking you've succeeded only to receive bad news nearly 2 weeks later when you can't find anything for retail anymore. even though they refunded my money, i feel ripped off. what if this was the xi's? what if this was a more serious release? (altitudes were going to be flipped anyway, ugly shoe imo) but what if i was assed out of my pair and had to pay a reseller? would finishline like to pay a reseller the difference for me? i highly doubt they would. i ordered 2 orders from them. 2 pairs each. the first order showed up cancelled the next day! cool. im okay with that. telling me the next day is still too late because they are sold out but it's acceptable. now im sitting here for almost 2 weeks thinking my backup order went through but is delayed due to weather only to check my email and see this disappointment. i'm so fed up with sneakers and the companies who sell them! the sneakers are overpriced and the quality is horrible and then you have halfwitted retailers overselling stock and sending sneakers with no box or damaged material!!! i want to call finish line and scream at someone but that wouldn't accomplish anything. i just feel jerked. almost as jerked as paying a reseller 250 for db 3's only to see niketown roosevelt field got a miraculous restock of MY size yesterday afternoon!!!! like, are you kidding me??? 4 pairs of limited sneakers magically appeared a month after they released? a sz 7.5, 8, 13 and 14?? i don't buy it. the sneaker game is getting more and more watered down. they are deceiving the public way too much to create a buzz and it's getting out of control. there is already enough of a buzz and hype around half of these releases as is. why go hard and make people upset?

damn its already been a week since these dropped and peeps is still goin haaaam for these. if u aint got yours already good luck gettin them. im still on tha hunt for another pair to stock.

Originally Posted by DJKOOPKNOCK

damn its already been a week since these dropped and peeps is still goin haaaam for these. if u aint got yours already good luck gettin them. im still on tha hunt for another pair to stock.
 be on the look out i think there is going to be a restock on nike.com

I personally love Eastbay and try to order every big release. Scored on the Cool Greys.
pimp.gif

You win some you lose some.

GET OVER IT!

quit with the matching

you don't want look like that dude in the WDYWT thread that only wears Jordan gear with the swag level of tuba player

Just got my two pairs from crooked tongues one 11 and another 11.5 I luv the crooked tongues packaging box its hot.  This beat waiting out in the cold or refreshing online at eastbay or niketown.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

quit with the matching

you don't want look like that dude in the WDYWT thread that only wears Jordan gear with the swag level of tuba player

QUIT USING THE WORD SWAG.. SMH      .. I RATHER MATCH MY UNIT THEN LOOK LIKE A COLORFUL CLOWN....   PURPLE TIGHT *%* SHIRT WITH GREEN SKINNY JEANS.. AND NERD OVER SIZE GLASSES AND CG 11'S??? NOTHING WRONG WEARING MATCHING JORDAN SHIRT OR FITTED...
pimp.gif

Went to the mall looking for some clothes almost walked out after I made my purchase (I rarely buy kicks in-store anymore) but I had some time to kill so I went to the rest of the mall

came out with these

happy.gif
pimp.gif

Got my pairs today from finish line.  On Friday when I called them they said my orders were going to be canceled and today they both show up!   Merry flipin Christmas to me.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ALWAYZJWALKINN

Originally Posted by StillIn729

quit with the matching

QUIT USING THE WORD SWAG.. SMH      .. I RATHER MATCH MY UNIT THEN LOOK LIKE A COLORFUL CLOWN....   PURPLE TIGHT *%* SHIRT WITH GREEN SKINNY JEANS.. AND NERD OVER SIZE GLASSES AND CG 11'S??? NOTHING WRONG WEARING MATCHING JORDAN SHIRT OR FITTED...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
PRETTY SURE I NEVER DRESSED LIKE

but matching tees with logo's or "cool grey" is just as tacky IMO, you can match without over doing it wearing a cool grey tee and fitted is OVER DOING IT to the max

Back
Top Bottom