Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Huge Thanks again @FrankW I am still looking for some other colors. Like the Kobe color schemes a lot. I was curious about the leather upper on the XX8. I know the Kobe looks more like a sock so I was not worried about that one. But if the XX8 upper is like a sock then thats also good to hear.

Are these still available?

I liked the Ray Allen's also but there was a bit to much "non-dark colors." I prefer the shoe be dark or solid color so it will keep its newish look for a while.

Last edited:
^^^ you can probably check around to tell availability but they are sold out now. Most of the colors of the xx8 are sold out or not sitting at retailers due to how jordan brand distributed the shoes.

Huge Thanks again @FrankW
I am still looking for some other colors. Like the Kobe color schemes a lot. I was curious about the leather upper on the XX8. I know the Kobe looks more like a sock so I was not worried about that one. But if the XX8 upper is like a sock then thats also good to hear.

Are these still available?

I liked the Ray Allen's also but there was a bit to much "non-dark colors." I prefer the shoe be dark or solid color so it will keep its newish look for a while.

Good luck on the first one (blk/green). There aren't many available and if you do find them they are going to be over $300. The blue pair is still out there but not as expensive.

Ya so far I have only found the red gray camo, bamboo and black gray camo.

Just be warned that if you decide to go with the leather upper like the bamboo and westbrook's home white they might be tough to zip up.

I will be trying them on before spending my very scarce amount of cash. I dont mind spending $90 on a whim but Kobe prices they better feel comfortable and be useable zipped up. So we will see. I dont think there is any store around me though that has them. SO it will still be a while.

quick question. Im about to order the green camo pair but idk how they fit in comparison to the kobe 8 or even the kobe 9. can anyone help me out?

quick question. Im about to order the green camo pair but idk how they fit in comparison to the kobe 8 or even the kobe 9. can anyone help me out?
same size for me. sz11 in both xx8 and kobe 9. I do not wear ankle brace and have a wider mid-foot. I also wear the LeBron XI in sz11.

Last edited:
I also bought the Kobe 9 "perspective" i havent got a chance to play in them yet tho and that wont happen maybe till summer. I am waiting to see how long the full lunarlon last on my flyknit lunar1+ before i decide to wear the kobe or not. I have not had great experience with full lunarlon shoes much (hyperdunk, flywade2)

But if you decide to go with the xx8, you will not be dissapointed. As for zipping it up, i felt it was better for me to zip it all the way up. It feels more secure almost like wearing a compression socks. It also for some reason draws the sweat up towards above the ankle, so my foot stays drier compare to wearing lebron xi. They also do not restrict your ankle movement.
After experiencing "bottoming out" of my Kobe 8 lunarlons, this is the sole reason I wouldnt mind purchasing the 28 SE's. I have a pair of high top kobe 9's but will probably limit playing time in those for games only. The 28's will be for practice and who knows if I like them that much I will use them for some games as well. Just the risk of popping air units throws me off

Same here. I have looking Kobes for a while now verse the XX8's. The soles on the XX8 have me worried so I am looking at getting the 9's for games also. BUT my playing style wont quite work with the 9's and that low carbon fibre piece in the back on the high tops. SO who knows, still undecided.

Last edited:

After experiencing "bottoming out" of my Kobe 8 lunarlons, this is the sole reason I wouldnt mind purchasing the 28 SE's. I have a pair of high top kobe 9's but will probably limit playing time in those for games only. The 28's will be for practice and who knows if I like them that much I will use them for some games as well. Just the risk of popping air units throws me off
if you play competitively they probably won't last as long as us who plays recreationally only few times a week. If you find them under retail tho definitely worth picking up. the worst that can happen is the shoe pops and you get a voucher/giftcard from Nike for the full price of the shoe.

damn so the air units are popping that easily? Dude had the green camo ds for 185 shipped. but I'm hesitant to buy them if the problem is that bad. i can plus up to 3 times per week maybe 4. I dont' want it to pop on me and I'm SOL because i bought them off someone.

damn so the air units are popping that easily? Dude had the green camo ds for 185 shipped. but I'm hesitant to buy them if the problem is that bad. i can plus up to 3 times per week maybe 4. I dont' want it to pop on me and I'm SOL because i bought them off someone.
who you bought it from makes no difference as long as it's within 2-year of the production date. you can call Nike customer service and make a claim.

who you bought it from makes no difference as long as it's within 2-year of the production date. you can call Nike customer service and make a claim.
Oh ok thanks. I don't even know the production dates for the green camo

what does the newer date on the tag say?

my oakhill is from 11/12-01/13 and grey print is 03/13-5/13

did the green camo came out before the oakhill?

I don't know what the tag says I haven't bought them yet.. But if I only have until September it's pointless

I don't know what the tag says I haven't bought them yet.. But if I only have until September it's pointless
not true because some of the outlets just had these I believe a month or so ago. if you buy them and they pop you can hit one of the outlets and get a giftcard/return also for the last known for sale price at the outlet without the receipt.

i.e. I had a pair of the 2012 Lite. it squeaks and blister against one of the left toes. I returned them for a giftcard without receipt at the Nike outlet after calling Nike first. it was well over the 2 year production date. i even had a little come up because their last sell price was higher than how much i got them for 10 months ago.

Last edited:

not true because some of the outlets just had these I believe a month or so ago. if you buy them and they pop you can hit one of the outlets and get a giftcard/return also for the last known for sale price at the outlet without the receipt.

i.e. I had a pair of the 2012 Lite. it squeaks and blister against one of the left toes. I returned them for a giftcard without receipt at the Nike outlet after calling Nike first. it was well over the 2 year production date. i even had a little come up because their last sell price was higher than how much i got them for 10 months ago.
Sorry I'm a little confused. So if i buy them off Ebay and the bubble pops. I can take them to the outlet( even though my local outlet didn't get these) and get a voucher/giftcard from nike for the last sale price?

Sorry I'm a little confused. So if i buy them off Ebay and the bubble pops. I can take them to the outlet( even though my local outlet didn't get these) and get a voucher/giftcard from nike for the last sale price?
yes, pretty much. because Nike has outlets everywhere and Niketown not a whole lot of places, so they allow their customers to return NDC and niketown stuff to their outlets. It's why sometimes you see heat on the back wall of the outlet. I asked one of the employee at my local nike outlet and he basically said you can return any Nike products to the outlet. i saw a pair of Kobe 9 lifestyle YOTH on the back wall the same day and the guy just said it was a return, so they end up on the wall for $79.99. just tell them you lost the receipt and will be fine with a giftcard.

Thanks again. You have been very helpful. Repped. The gift card can be used at any nike store included ndc.

These legit?

looks pretty good, but you probably want to ask for a photo of the sole just to make sure it's not already defective.

Back
Top Bottom