Air Jordan XXXII (32)

31 is definitely a performance beast minus the traction. No need for a CF too, the full length zoom already acts as a CF in preventing tortion.

The 32 low, when broken in, easily outperforms sigs 29 - 31, and is neck to neck with the 28
How long was break in for you? My lows were so stiff in the sole and ankle area out of he box. Break has been so slow for me that I have shelved them for now after trying to break them in for 2 weeks. I need shoes I can ball in right now.

How long was break in for you? My lows were so stiff in the sole and ankle area out of he box. Break has been so slow for me that I have shelved them for now after trying to break them in for 2 weeks. I need shoes I can ball in right now.
I needed about 6 solid runs before the bounciness and heel transition really started to come in, but your mileage may vary depending on weight and play style (i'm 180lbs). To speed up the process, I used it basically as a gym shoe and twisted the midsole during my spare time (this shoe is going to crease extremely easily regardless so don't freak out when you see it). That carbon fiber flight plate is no joke lol. I also got the bred lows and not the mid so keep that in mind as well.

Footlocker release calender has this mid coming Nov 27, anyone have a pic?

Black/Rapid Teal/White
Just saw this in the Footaction app too and was coming in here to see if there is anything. I look on the web to try and find something even a PS of it but nothing. And it’s not the Gatorade 32 because this is a mid.

Just saw this in the Footaction app too and was coming in here to see if there is anything. I look on the web to try and find something even a PS of it but nothing. And it’s not the Gatorade 32 because this is a mid.

I looked around too, I do know the the board room/ ceo pair has these colors with purple, wondering if was those just getting a wider release

I heard good things about the xx9s and at least they fixed the zoom popping but no heel zoom and no carbon fibre made me pass
A shoe having carbon fiber doesn't mean anything. The Curry 3s had carbon fiber but still felt cheap and clunky. I don't agree with your assessment either; the 32 low is a beast performer, and isn't clunky at all as long as you fully break it in. The zoom can definitely be felt unless you're super light. Make no mistake though, this shoe isn't a performer out the box. For reference, the 29s were extremely clunky even after break in and you were extremely high off the floor because of the high offset.

Last edited:
A shoe having carbon fiber doesn't mean anything. The Curry 3s had carbon fiber but still felt cheap and clunky. I don't agree with your assessment either; the 32 low is a beast performer, and isn't clunky at all as long as you fully break it in. The zoom can definitely be felt unless you're super light. Make no mistake though, this shoe isn't a performer out the box. For reference, the 29s were extremely clunky even after break in and you were extremely high off the floor because of the high offset.
Actually, it does. Carbon fibre is an expensive material that does have performance benefits. Of course it's possible to use plastic instead of it but it is a cheaper material and we all know what Nike's preference would be. Which is why when they can get away with it, they replace CF with plastic on retros. Doesn't mean that every shoe with CF is a beast but it does show that the manufacturer has made an effort to source quality materials for its product.
Were you also satisfied with the lack of heel zoom in the xx9? Yes, it's not an area that is heavily used in basketball but if I were to pay $225 dollars for a performance basketball shoe I would expect it to have heel cushioning at the very least.
I’m 205 lbs so no lightweight. If you go back and read my original post I said that zoom is felt less than in the XX8s as it’s not protruding. It's not like I put them on and feel like there's no cushioning. It's definitely there. I suppose the upside is more stability.
I was referring to the mids which are the ones I have and they are indeed bulky. The lows are as you say much lighter.

It means something for those that love the material and care about the quality.
I hate to break it to you, but from an engineering perspective the type of carbon fiber shoe manufacturers use is very cheap and purely for aesthetic purposes. Having a clever design and timeless silihouette is way more important than slapping on some shiny, cheap plastic.

gettyimages-873372282.jpg

gettyimages-873851898.jpg

Damn JB is releasing every colorway XXX2 possible (witch is fine) but....damn wheres the damn CHICAGO colorways at JB? ....ugh,Man I hope we get an OG AJ2 Colorway!? ....time will tell, but if we don't?, so help me God....................lol

most of those PE aren't gon' release as a GR though

do they have any player that plays in chicago right now?

Butlers chicago cw's were great last year

Wonder how players break in their PE’s? That’s been the biggest gripe on these.

Skaters used to microwave.. ha. You think the team equiptment guys fold and work them in by hand?

Damn JB is releasing every colorway XXX2 possible (witch is fine) but....damn wheres the damn CHICAGO colorways at JB? ....ugh,Man I hope we get an OG AJ2 Colorway!? ....time will tell, but if we don't?, so help me God....................lol

You must mean Chicago "Bears"? The first three out of four colorways were Bulls colors.

Wonder how players break in their PE’s? That’s been the biggest gripe on these.

Skaters used to microwave.. ha. You think the team equiptment guys fold and work them in by hand?
That's actually exactly what I did when I was warming up/stretching out and it worked perfectly lol. If I had to compare the break in to something else, it's probably similar to breaking in a leather weightlifting belt.

Actually, it does. Carbon fibre is an expensive material that does have performance benefits. Of course it's possible to use plastic instead of it but it is a cheaper material and we all know what Nike's preference would be. Which is why when they can get away with it, they replace CF with plastic on retros.
The carbon fiber used on shoes is cheap, sourced from China, and purely for aesthetic purposes. They offer little to no performance benefit and are mainly for bragging rights. How a shoe is designed and how the technology is implemented is way more important than whether or not a shoe has carbon fiber.

Back
Top Bottom