Air Jordan XXXIII first info

its not like their channel is ripping every nike product so what does he get out of saying it came broken?

the ***** sound mad disappointed too

Cool tech idea but this lace system could’ve been introduced as a new model with its own campaign, and THEN later on introduce an ‘elite’ version of the 33 with this lacing system

my tech pack work fine, they look awesome as casual shoes with short socks and shorts more than with pants, anyone bashing them on two broken pairs out of the whole lot was looking for a reason to, (and it's not like like won't replace them)

I've been curious from the jump to see how, when it's said and done, this system holds up. I'm really not even using it to wear the shoes casually so I'm not real concerned about running into an issue with the Fast Fit, personally. But I am definitely interested to see how durable it proves as time goes on and people use them more, especially on the court.

That said, let's not act like a few broken pairs means a lot. I've seen plenty of defective Nikes and Jordans over the years, and none of them featured some tricked out fancy pants lacing system. I'm not defending Nike/JB or this tech whatsoever at this point, but neither am I looking at a few cases of defects on the internet and social media and proclaiming this an utter debacle. Not yet, anyway.

That is so true.
When i was a teen some female co-students told me that her air force max cb had the air max unit bursted despite she was not heavier than me.
I never had issues with any of my 5 air max cushioned basketball shoes.
The only bad experience i had was the ah 28 with both sides front zoom air popped and the outsole ripped open despite i only wore them casually.

Take it easy, fellas. Sheesh.

People reporting defects, malfunctions, breakages etc of the fit system should absolutely do so. There was no reason to jump on Techlete Kobra Techlete Kobra for reporting his experience. Likewise, people are also being ridiculous if they’re going to take a few reports of broken shoes and make the leap to, “I told you so,” “Shouldn't have used this system,” “shoe is a ticking bomb,” basically Sky is Falling nonsense. Not at this stage. If a couple/few months go by and it becomes apparent this system is a real problem, it will become apparent on its own. Some people just love to jump to an extreme place at the first opportunity.

That is so true.
When i was a teen some female co-students told me that her air force max cb had the air max unit bursted despite she was not heavier than me.
I never had issues with any of my 5 air max cushioned basketball shoes.
The only bad experience i had was the ah 28 with both sides front zoom air popped and the outsole ripped open despite i only wore them casually.

I lost track of how many Nikes I had to return for issues, and I lost track years and years ago. Back in the '90s when I played all the time, the most common issue I saw was the dreaded peeling outsole. I got the OG Air Force 180s (the black, red, blue Barkley colorway) when they came out. First HS bball practice in them, I looked down at my shoes and the entire heel was hanging off of one of them. Stuff like that happened all the time.

So my ever elusive size 12.5 arrived today from SNS. Ordered early Friday morning and they arrived today from their warehouse in Sweden. Basically 3 day shipping to Cali. Glad i went with my normal size. Can def feel the heel and forefoot Zoom. Mechanism works fine for now lol. Looking forward to playing in them this week. Only downer was got that generic black JB box that sometimes comes with European pairs....

So my ever elusive size 12.5 arrived today from SNS. Ordered early Friday morning and they arrived today from their warehouse in Sweden. Basically 3 day shipping to Cali. Glad i went with my normal size. Can def feel the heel and forefoot Zoom. Mechanism works fine for now lol. Looking forward to playing in them this week. Only downer was got that generic black JB box that sometimes comes with European pairs....
Enjoy! Report back and let us know how they feel on court

I lost track of how many Nikes I had to return for issues, and I lost track years and years ago. Back in the '90s when I played all the time, the most common issue I saw was the dreaded peeling outsole. I got the OG Air Force 180s (the black, red, blue Barkley colorway) when they came out. First HS bball practice in them, I looked down at my shoes and the entire heel was hanging off of one of them. Stuff like that happened all the time.

I had the same shoe, same colorway in low cut. I played basketball and soccer with them and had zero issues with them.
Only after 3 years the outsole at the forefoot started to rip at the flex cut area which was quite common from the models i had from the 90s.

You seem to be not with luck with shoes.

I had the same shoe, same colorway in low cut. I played basketball and soccer with them and had zero issues with them.
Only after 3 years the outsole at the forefoot started to rip at the flex cut area which was quite common from the models i had from the 90s.

You seem to be not with luck with shoes.

I’m not saying it was an epidemic. But my teammates and I had plenty of issues. And friends who wore casually. Countless models of shoes.

The bigger point is, a lot of people like to talk about how quality was so much better back then. I can assure you it was not. Then again, even at 14 in the early 90s, I was having them bring out multiple pairs for me to inspect before I bought. My parents would laugh as they sat there and watched me but they loved it because they were paying and wanted the best pair too for that money :lol:

Still doing it today. Went through about five pairs of 33s, then finally mixed a left and right shoe from two different pairs LOL

I’m not saying it was an epidemic. But my teammates and I had plenty of issues. And friends who wore casually. Countless models of shoes.

The bigger point is, a lot of people like to talk about how quality was so much better back then. I can assure you it was not. Then again, even at 14 in the early 90s, I was having them bring out multiple pairs for me to inspect before I bought. My parents would laugh as they sat there and watched me but they loved it because they were paying and wanted the best pair too for that money :lol:

Still doing it today. Went through about five pairs of 33s, then finally mixed a left and right shoe from two different pairs LOL

I can confirm that the quality from thw 90s were not always great as some claim.
The leather quality overall started to decline after the millennium and did not improve until 2015. Speaking of midsole paintjobs the decline already started in 2000 with the AJ6 retros with lots of cracking and chipping after a few wears.
Paintjob finally improved step by step since 2012.
My first pair of OG foamposite ones had one side of the shoe higher foam than them the other side, about 1 cm difference.
I returned them at the store and got a new pair gladly which was quite flawless then.

Speaking of the og12 while the leather quality was really good , the cutting of the mudguard parts were often terrible. Not matching the end of the midsole where the plastic jumpman lettering was.

The mesh on the 33's are dirt magnets. My son wore them for his first practice yesterday and came home and you can see the dust and dirt on them. Also, I noticed there is already condensation in the fast fit system on the bottom of the shoe. You can see it built up in the clear circle with the Jumpman. I have a bad feeling these may not last the whole season.

do shoe stores allow you to mix and match shoes?

I think if you press it they don't care but they certainly get irritated. When I worked PT at a shoe store (and maybe it's because I'm a sneaker head) I honestly didn't care except for people that want a different pair because of some supposed glue stain which to me is ridiculous but I would get em another pair with no issues.

I get annoyed as a consumer when I want a different pair and dudes act like I'm asking them to burn the one I don't want. This happened with Court Purp AJI's in September.. I had to ask a manager to swap because a **** head employee was acting like a robocop.

The mesh on the 33's are dirt magnets. My son wore them for his first practice yesterday and came home and you can see the dust and dirt on them. Also, I noticed there is already condensation in the fast fit system on the bottom of the shoe. You can see it built up in the clear circle with the Jumpman. I have a bad feeling these may not last the whole season.

I'm not knocking you but I don't understand what you expect in a shoe that is made for performance and is being used for just that. When I played heavy bball in HS, I wasn't wearing my freshest shoes because guess what... theyre going to get dirty :lol: it's bball not a desk job. Even at a casual level, I dont know how you expect the shoe to stay pristine with constant wear for a 3-4 months straight.

You might want to get him some Foamposites.. those will survive lightning on the court.

Back
Top Bottom