Air Jordan XXXIII first info

No cap these the hardest

0297331A-8806-43A2-8AF0-90F3A84A66C5.jpeg
BDB0A3BB-3282-481A-BCD1-022D5D90ECA2.jpeg
Anyone know when these drop?

20180921_081857.png
Now that I’ve had time to see multiple angles of them, I really like the design. I’m surprised at how functional and naked they look while still being attractive without obviously borrowing old design cues. When I first saw the white colorway I knew I liked them but I wasn’t exactly sure why. They’re futuristic but not in a clunky moonboot way, but they're also not trying too hard, ok maybe a tiny bit, I’ll get to that.

The shoe catches my eye right away and I just want to keep looking and staring at them. That’s how it was for me with the 5s, 6s, 8s, 13s and 19s. When those shoes first came out they seemed cool, but also weird if I’m honest. What can’t be denied is that they were really different from what was out at the time. Same with these.

The whites aka Deion’s and all black versions are obviously my favorites because, color ways matter. I can make a 3 or 4 look terrible too with the right (or wrong) colors. Same with these, you can keep those ACG and Nautica specials though.

Selfishly the 33s hit the right notes for me, no 23 on the shoe, I like that. Jumpman only on the tongue. That’s the way it should always be.

Where they are trying a bit too hard is by being trendy is with the Off-White™-esque labeling but that’s what hot now and I guess they felt they needed it. They didn’t. Same for the NIKE AIR, the placement is awkward to say the least.

They’re a solid 9/10. Can’t wait to try them on!
They totally give me the feeling when I first saw the Vs. Dope right from the start but something I’d never seen before

Wouldn’t say the hardest....but I’d def say an every day pair to wear....got that ACG vibe, colors go with anything you can drum up! On da everyday tip, grocery gettin, school drop off, out hand washin da whip, whatever! It’s def a quick go to cw fo me!
exactly- literally can wear any solids with this shoe

The main issue with the lace system will be.......... the fabric loops that the paracord runs thru, getting cut by the friction of the paracord constantly tightening and it sliding against the loops as the shoe twists.
Has happened to every pair of hiking boots ive ever bought with a speed lace system.
Then you are left with an otherwise perfectly good shoe that you cant just re lace.

Im actually out on these due to the absolute fragility of other similar sytems

Can’t wait to see the other option aswell...in that pile pic there’s definitely a few variations
I’m liking.....

The more I look at the Chicago themed CW, the more I don't like it. Has there been images of the shoes being showcased with casual outfits?

I will say the picture on the home page, at least from that angle, is visually pleasing.

Im undecided. I like the lateral part of the shoe where the hit of black and red are. I dont care for the oversized Jordan logo on the tongue, I dont like that the Nike Air logo is so big and high up on the back heel piece. The straps on the tongue and back heel are just too big as well. I like the concept, just not sure about the execution yet.

The main issue with the lace system will be.......... the fabric loops that the paracord runs thru, getting cut by the friction of the paracord constantly tightening and it sliding against the loops as the shoe twists.
Has happened to every pair of hiking boots ive ever bought with a speed lace system.
Then you are left with an otherwise perfectly good shoe that you cant just re lace.

Im actually out on these due to the absolute fragility of other similar sytems
Read Nick DePaula’s article on ESPN. That was both Tate’s and MJ’s fear. They (JB) feel after a couple years of testing that they’ve succeeded.

idk. I'm sure they're extremely comfortable. but, I really wanted to see some vis air. in any form. just some vis air. I feel like that was the most iconic part of the 3.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24751144/nike-new-air-jordan-33-goes-laceless

• Just to let you know, there was never any quotes or references to Tate and MJ being fearful about the new lacing system or that the shoe was tested for a couple of years. I don’t know where dude got that from the article :lol:
Got my articles crossed- it’s on Complex. Breaks the entire system down and shows several pics of the mechanics of it. The word fear wasn’t used. Jordan did say “make sure this stuff works”. Some conjecture on my part. Tate was definitely concerned implementing the tech and getting it right.
It took years of testing the FastFit system to get it ready for a game shoe. Jordan Brand wanted to bring it directly into the Air Jordan, embracing the tradition of technology debuting in the line, from becoming the first basketball sneaker to make Air bags visible or to feature variable lacing, to the first to offer carbon fiber plates.

Even with the testing and the science behind the system leading the entire design team to 100 percent positivity they created something “amazing,” releasing a finished design to the public scares Kuebris, even just for the effort put in. “I can’t express to you how much work we put into this shoe,” he says. “It was unbelievable. I kinda want to cry right now. There were so many nights of going to the factory in Asia, just trying to put it on and figure out how to lockdown. It was a huge project and there were a lot of creative forces behind the shoe, a world-class team.”

Along with the elastic pull tab that engages the cables and tightens the mechanism—the harder or more you pull, the more “clicks” the cables tighten—a small eject cord releases the tension. With up to 12 clicks available, athletes can find the perfect fit for them. Obsessing over the details allowed the design team to “geek out” on the tech. Moving the cables just a couple of millimeters impacted the entire lock-down feel.

Testing of the fresh technology played heavily in the process. Whether Maya Moore or Kawhi Leonard, the shoe was examined at the ultimate level. “We have done our homework,” Kuebris says. “There was a definite trial and error. There were tears and fun when you get to the finish line. It is exciting.” Kuebris also hopes the lack of laces becomes part of the athlete routine, possibly seeing athletes grab the pull tab just before entering a game.
Article is on Complex...having trouble posting the link

1.png

When I look at the exaggerated tongue, heel, and heel tabs, it reminds me of the design decision to expose the heel flap on the XX3s in order to lay bare the function & construction of the shoe and as a byproduct, give it a unique silhouette. It's utilitarian in a way that hasn't been seen since the VI to VIII models, before the sleekness of the IX became the dominant design language for the next two decades.

The colorway blocking has a ton of potential (even beyond just putting elephant print wherever), but none of the five colorways introduced so far are quite doing it for me. The white (which I like the most & is a likely day one purchase) is very good, but with just a few tweaks here and there, it could've been great. The black feels a touch too plain to me, maybe more hits of red and grey could've livened it up for me. The jades are clean, and I don't think anyone could've done a better job with the ACGs, they just hold little appeal to me. And the combination of black, blue, red, and white on this model is just garish to me here.

In that image of the pile of test models and colorways (top center), there's a colorway that's just different shades of grey with pops of orange/red?/infrared? Anyway, that would be perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom