Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Before settling on a laceless design, Jordan needed to know it would work...

Enter FastFit. The system works by weaving 10 inches of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene cable (think: the same material used in parachutes and as Kuebris puts it, “This is not some off-the-shelf Home Depot cable [throughout the sneaker]." The cable runs through an elastic pull tab across the top of the shoe. Pulling the strap tightens the cables. The addition of a heel strap offers both additional support on the back of the mid-top, as well as providing a bit of a mental support that the shoe will stay snug with the tangible tightening point.

Interesting stuff

Kind of reminds me of the Speed Turf Max too with it’s raked back design.

EE8B62AC-F80C-48CA-80E5-FCF734EDFBC9.jpeg

Read Nick DePaula’s article on ESPN. That was both Tate’s and MJ’s fear. They (JB) feel after a couple years of testing that they’ve succeeded.
They shouldve used the plastic lace holes from the 3

th

Either punch a plastic red hole into the nylon loop or stitch the white plastic type to it and run the cable thru that. They dropped the ball hard there. This is a display of Tate's limited creative vision. It was right there for him, with the utmost functionality, and he couldnt see it.

Last edited:
Sole brothers review said it's a narrow shoe.... MIght have to skip on these all together. Yeah yeah people don't like their reviews but I just wanted to hear their opinion on width.

Last edited:
Got my articles crossed- it’s on Complex. Breaks the entire system down and shows several pics of the mechanics of it. The word fear wasn’t used. Jordan did say “make sure this stuff works”. Some conjecture on my part. Tate was definitely concerned implementing the tech and getting it right.
Article is on Complex...having trouble posting the link

That makes sense lol. I was like, I have no idea where these comments are coming from because there’s no mention of them in the article on ESPN. However, after reading the article on Complex it makes sense now. Great article. Thanks for the heads up.

This is the article...
https://www.complex.com/sneakers/20...aceless-release-date/air-jordan-33-aesthetics

hope those tiny strings around the foot area is made of Superman's hair>D, they just don't look like they could take a beating and could snap easily

This pair really reminds me of the Nike Komyuter in this color way

DEA51969-4025-4964-9BC3-E9951AED8EFE.jpeg

6F891604-3946-472D-924A-C3049F78D9A3.jpeg

They actually remind me of the In Living Color logo. That’s what I’ve been calling these. Heavy D starts playing in my head. Damon Wayans is a Jordan Brand repper. I still remember MJ being on My Wife and Teo or whatever that show was called wearing the Cool Grey 4’s.

Attachments

• 27C0C88A-2203-4D06-9232-D5D22B7E7676.png
    27C0C88A-2203-4D06-9232-D5D22B7E7676.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 2
I hated it when I first saw pics, after seeing it multiple times I think its dope finally a new look for a basketball shoes cause all of the brands been copying each other without innovation the past few years design wise.

Back
Top Bottom