AIr jordan XXXV first info.

They wouldn't put all those nods to the AJ5 on the Jumpman 2021 or some Zion shoe. Also the AJ34 had the dots (morse code or braille?) and the Jumpman 2020 did not, so I don't see why they'd suddenly put it on the Jumpman 2021. And I don't think they'd put an eclipse plate on a $110 shoe. It just seems like people are trying to convince themselves it's not the AJ35 because they don't like the design.

^Yep that’s definitely it, self included. I envisioned the shoe having minimal play on the Vs, lower profile, sleek look like the 34s. These just look bulky. More like a Bron build..Obviously the Vs were bulky, but this is a 2021 performance guard shoe...

Last edited:
I'm definitely trying to convince myself this isn't the 35 because right now the shoe looks ridiculous. It's like lets take the eclipse plate and blow it up Dig-Dug style until it's like half the shoe. I love the 34s and I was looking at the Blue Voids again and it's just a great colorway and the shoe is just so classic. I don't get what making the eclipse plate dominate the shoe does for you.

Damn... I don’t know man. Personally I was like... “nah... that can’t be it!” after the initial pic dropped, but... all of the subtle design cues towards the V... all of those minor details that often go unnoticed to most on the flagship model... then the piggyback off the 34 tech... enlarged flight plate... Smh... the ankle collar even is articulated much like the V.... Like most new versions... It makes me uncomfortable, but now I’m intrigued!!! Someone mentioned if that grey is 3M?!? The V’s standout feature... If I was a betting man...

Out, as of now. Sometimes it takes the eyes a while to adjust...But I'm good from what I've seen

I'm definitely trying to convince myself this isn't the 35 because right now the shoe looks ridiculous. It's like lets take the eclipse plate and blow it up Dig-Dug style until it's like half the shoe. I love the 34s and I was looking at the Blue Voids again and it's just a great colorway and the shoe is just so classic. I don't get what making the eclipse plate dominate the shoe does for you.

personally, I wouldn't say it's the 35 just because of the eclipse plate. also, I don't like the eclipse plate concept either because it seems it makes the shoe less durable or brittle especially with the material used for it (pvc rather than carbon fever) like it would break, split in two or even collapse. anyhow, liking the shoe doesn't make it the 35 nor hating the shoe does make it the 35.
I like the design so far whether 35 or not. I also like the 34 except for that recently released 34 like someone left their shoes around a toddler with a few colored markers lying around and treat it like it's an inspired cool design. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We got to give these 35's a chance..i think these shoes will be amazing!! And the same ones that are already hating on these shoes will be the same ones praising how dope they are!

We got to give these 35's a chance..i think these shoes will be amazing!! And the same ones that are already hating on these shoes will be the same ones praising how dope they are!
I agree. Many people aren’t excited about a new shoe at first glance anyway. It has to grow on them. Many people hated the 1s, XIs, XVIs, XXs, XX8, and XX9. Now look at them. I do think Michael and Yvette should rock more shoes in public or commercials and people would be more excited.

To me if these are the 35, the star athlete to Wear them is Zion. He’s a bigger dude. Definently more supportive looking than the 34. Personally I’m surprised he pulled the 34 off. Dudes a monster.

The two first colour ways are childish looking. Give me some subtle colours and I’m good.

To me if these are the 35, the star athlete to Wear them is Zion. He’s a bigger dude. Definently more supportive looking than the 34. Personally I’m surprised he pulled the 34 off. Dudes a monster.

The two first colour ways are childish looking. Give me some subtle colours and I’m good.

childish? like these?
air-jordan-34-pe-zion-williamson-da1897-100-lateral.jpg

They wouldn't put all those nods to the AJ5 on the Jumpman 2021 or some Zion shoe. Also the AJ34 had the dots (morse code or braille?) and the Jumpman 2020 did not, so I don't see why they'd suddenly put it on the Jumpman 2021. And I don't think they'd put an eclipse plate on a $110 shoe. It just seems like people are trying to convince themselves it's not the AJ35 because they don't like the design.

First let me apologize for this ridiculously long post, it started as one and I just kept adding to it then just decided to make it one.

No offense at all fam actually this started as a pretty short simple reply... just to you, but has grown as more posts have piled up (not trying to downplay anything you said, you could be very well right), but not sure how long you've been in this game (we do this every year it seems, so welcome to the party LOL.) I just see that you've recently joined only reason I bring it up (Welcome again BTW) but Gentry
Would literally fuse any model for any ridiculous reason/story so there is no telling what his call was. If say for instance he wanted a futuristic looking 5 as the Jumpman 2021, and this is what came to fruition I would've expected much worse, so I'll say it first Gentry good call if this is the Jumpman 2021 (may be the last time I say it too), it is a good looking shoe and looks super comfortable just doesnt feel like a flagship Jordan. It feels like it's not quite finished, or maybe it just needs a good Bulls CW anyone down to PS?.?
Most of the good Jumpman shoes are really tied into the design, of the current flagship design style at the time, almost as if they were concepts for the signature model that didnt make the cut. All the way back to the OG Jumpman Pro which literally cought me off guard I thought they were the new flagship (12) the first time I saw them (I was only like 11 or 12 then, but went straight away to grab a pair).

Some examples:
89d13d77860e2f942e1c50d14439ae21.jpg
Air-Jordan-12-Retro-Playoffs-2012-Product.jpg
edits-16_aff4d1c2-f6fe-413d-8f06-eaf403d82b72_900x.jpg
Air-Jordan-13-He-Got-Game-414571-104-Release-Date-Price-4.jpg
jordan-pro-strong-retro-2018-407285-005.jpg
images (2).jpeg

images (4).jpeg
bafa5c340f3019c2931622f7165d0bb8.jpg

img01.jpg
Air-Jordan-Jumpman-Swift-White-Black-Product.jpg

If you look close tou can see the resemblance on some others just small details when you look close. This trend went on until around the the XVIS I believe. It picked back up with the 2020.

Weartesters kinda broke it down pretty good here:

I see you're point and right now it's honestly all speculation at this time. Are you just assuming because the 2020 was retailed at $110.00 these would be too (if they turn out to be the 2021?) I could see this shoe retailing at $130 to $165 (I mean the WNZ3 and Jumpman diamond retailed at 130, I have no reason to believe these will be any less than that with the tech they've got) and JB upping the price on the 35 to 200. They've been playing with the prices for a few years now on the flagship... Or have I missed something? I'd be shocked if these retail for any less than $130 whatever they are. The first pics with the green I was sure that was going to be a Zion sig...or even some unofficial sig i.e the Lebron AZG or even joint sig with Luka and Zion and maybe others. Like Converse did with the weapon using Magic, Bird and others. The looks just fit Zion IMO though...big, bulky, and sturdy. Then the second pic, with 23 on the side changed that thought though. So for me it still could be either the 35 the 2021 or something entirely different. I know back at square one :smh: (has 23 ever been on a Jumpman shoe if so which ones?.?) I'm sure there has been, but the only one I can think of off the top of my head is those atrocities the Jumpman Z. JB is dropping the ball with Zion man (and all the other recent JB signees), paid hi(e)m all that money and still no sig?.? At some point they're gonna have to step up another performance shoe besides the WN's and the flagship we also saw a really nice shoe in the Jumpman diamond. JB has too much young talent, to squander it all on lower tiered shoes. Either way patiently waiting on the right CW and more info before I start judging them as a flagship. If they turn out to be the Jumpman 2021, cool disco city (the blue and orange pair would be just right to rock with my Astros gear). If they are the 35 I'll wait to pass judgment, definitely not paying retail I'll wait for a disco, like I did the last two flagships unless a bred or chi CW pops up.

Back
Top Bottom