Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

DTLR
CC647EEC-D46F-46C0-BF3F-031B8233D80D.jpeg

Wore them to work today. I know most said they don't require break in, but it's not a wide footer friendly shoe lol. It's not Kobe 6 Protro bad as far as sizing(only reference those since Nightwing mentioned that it uses the same insole and they indeed do.). It's definitely wearable for me with insoles taken out(size 11.5 would have been probably better).

More comfortable than the XXX2 and it definitely has on/off court appeal.

Hope the XXX7 is a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been asked before. But a question for those that have a pair of 36’s. Even if you size up does it help if you have a wide foot? Mine aren’t super wide. Im a 13 in most shoes. Sometimes I size up to a 14 for comfort in narrower silhouettes. I ordered the infrareds the other day. First time I’ve seen them readily available in a 14. So I’m hoping they work or back to Nike they go!

Sorry if this has been asked before. But a question for those that have a pair of 36’s. Even if you size up does it help if you have a wide foot? Mine aren’t super wide. Im a 13 in most shoes. Sometimes I size up to a 14 for comfort in narrower silhouettes. I ordered the infrareds the other day. First time I’ve seen them readily available in a 14. So I’m hoping they work or back to Nike they go!
It might help some, but your best option might be to break in the midsole so it just has more give in general. The upper is woven pretty tight and doesn’t seem like it’ll open up much.

Got mine in (infrareds) this morning, out the box, straight to feet, straight to court for a couple hours. They were kind of annoying to lace up because the sheath gets in my way when I'm trying to tie them on. But once on, they felt good. Just like with the others (Tatums, Psychics) I'd tried on, they didn't feel narrow at all, and I'm a wide footer.

Played great in em but we didn't get enough to run full til I was about to leave. But we played 6 or 7 games of half and won all but one of them. It's one of those shoes you lace up and forget it's on and you just play. ....until about the third game when my right pinky toe was like wtf bruh. Felt bad but the cushion is great, the shoe looks great and I didn't feel like changing shoes (brought the KD14s as backup) plus we were winning anyway so eff it. Get to game 4 and now my left pinky is doing a duet with my right, singing this:

It's not too bad thankfully, but that's the end of that. I'm not interested in breaking them in. Too many options. And I get that JB likes putting these paper laces in (and I could switch them out), and overall the shoe looks like a 10 but I'm out cause I don't wear these casually. What really sucks is, the lows are the exact same setup basically, so now I'm missing out on those too :smh:

It was fun while it lasted!

I'll be damned. Ups did drop my pair off today. Nike FTW!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220402_173131355.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173131355.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220402_173143554.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173143554.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220402_173336666.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173336666.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20220402_173353912.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173353912.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20220402_173421359.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173421359.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20220402_173442770.jpg
    IMG_20220402_173442770.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 439
Got mine in (infrareds) this morning, out the box, straight to feet, straight to court for a couple hours. They were kind of annoying to lace up because the sheath gets in my way when I'm trying to tie them on. But once on, they felt good. Just like with the others (Tatums, Psychics) I'd tried on, they didn't feel narrow at all, and I'm a wide footer.

Played great in em but we didn't get enough to run full til I was about to leave. But we played 6 or 7 games of half and won all but one of them. It's one of those shoes you lace up and forget it's on and you just play. ....until about the third game when my right pinky toe was like wtf bruh. Felt bad but the cushion is great, the shoe looks great and I didn't feel like changing shoes (brought the KD14s as backup) plus we were winning anyway so eff it. Get to game 4 and now my left pinky is doing a duet with my right, singing this:

It's not too bad thankfully, but that's the end of that. I'm not interested in breaking them in. Too many options. And I get that JB likes putting these paper laces in (and I could switch them out), and overall the shoe looks like a 10 but I'm out cause I don't wear these casually. What really sucks is, the lows are the exact same setup basically, so now I'm missing out on those too :smh:

It was fun while it lasted!

Try different socks? I find if my socks are too thick/bulky sometimes it can irrritate my toe. Some of the stance nba and Nike cushioned are too thick in the forefoot.

For Infrared, I went a whole size up for comfort. All my other XXXVIs are half up which will most likely feel like my Infrared after some break in. I can't tell at the moment beause I haven't Unds any XXXVI yet and plan to only wear casually when I do so.

When I get basketball shoes that I know I'll be using strictly for playing, I go half size down because I hate heel slip and don't mind the break in period. It usually creates a 1 to 1 personalized fit over time.

If I were wearing the 36's casually, I'd definitely go tts. I'm a slim footer though and I know these would definitely give me more toe room than I desire for a hoop shoe in my normal 13.

Back
Top Bottom