Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Anyone else get some squeaking with their pairs? I'm assuming it's from the friction between the double zoom bags.
yes, all 4 pairs of blk/hyper violet I tried on foot right after release did squeak.

Out of all the pairs I currently own, 2 of them have been squeaking a little bit from the get go for some reason:
-with the Blk/hyper violet they squeak when walking fast or on court mostly when stopping and changing directions laterally.

-with the Infrared lows it is only noticeable if I wobble my feet from side to side on purpose(so very minimal).

No big deal, doesn't affect performance at all or the feel of the shoes compared to the ones that don't squeak. I use my shoes strictly to ball in, so it is not something I worry about to be honest since it has no negative effect on anything I do.

Last edited:
yes, all 4 pairs of blk/hyper violet I tried on foot right after release did squeak.

Out of 6 pairs I currently own, 2 of them have been squeaking a little bit from the get go for some reason:
-with the Blk/hyper violet they squeak when walking fast or on court mostly when stopping and changing directions laterally.

-with the Infrared lows it is only noticeable if I wobble my feet from side to side on purpose(so very minimal).

No big deal, doesn't affect performance at all or the feel of the shoes compared to the ones that don't squeak. I use my shoes strictly to ball in, so it is not something I worry about to be honest since it has no negative effect on anything I do.
Yeah same, strictly performance here. It started out the box on my mids, hasn't happened on my lows yet.

Not that my retros have been squeak free :smh: 2s and 7s have been my worst offenders

Yeah same, strictly performance here. It started out the box on my mids, hasn't happened on my lows yet.

Not that my retros have been squeak free :smh: 2s and 7s have been my worst offenders
100%!

various retros have been doing that. On top of my head, the worst offenders I own are by far my 11 low IE wht/cement. Got some 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 12, 16's that have been squeaking anywhere from mild to annoying as well depending on which ones.
Never had any problems with the 7 OG or retros in that regard though and I own quite a few pairs of that particular model.

I noticed that lots of 'em start to squeak when the insole comes unglued a little, but some others squeak for no apparent reason anywhere from DS to after a few wears and it is inconsistent from one pair to another between the same model year.

Just showed up
Never give up hope !
20220929_154002.jpg

100%!

various retros have been doing that. On top of my head, the worst offenders I own are by far my 11 low IE wht/cement. Got some 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 12, 16's that have been squeaking anywhere from mild to annoying as well depending on which ones.
Never had any problems with the 7 OG or retros in that regard though and I own quite a few pairs of that particular model.

I noticed that lots of 'em start to squeak when the insole comes unglued a little, but some others squeak for no apparent reason anywhere from DS to after a few wears and it is inconsistent from one pair to another between the same model year.
It's something inside the midsole, at least on XIs. Seems like the airbag rubbing or moving around in there. I have fixed all of mine by spraying a small amount of WD40 into the little holes in the forefoot and heel of the strobel. Moving forward, I'm using Blaster-brand Graphite Dry Lube, as DW40 MIGHT potentially damage the glues inside the shoe (though I have had no such problem thus far in reality). It's a quick and easy process that has saved multiple pairs of my shoes and taken them from being unwearable to completely back to normal.

It's something inside the midsole, at least on XIs. Seems like the airbag rubbing or moving around in there. I have fixed all of mine by spraying a small amount of WD40 into the little holes in the forefoot and heel of the strobel. Moving forward, I'm using Blaster-brand Graphite Dry Lube, as DW40 MIGHT potentially damage the glues inside the shoe (though I have had no such problem thus far in reality). It's a quick and easy process that has saved multiple pairs of my shoes and taken them from being unwearable to completely back to normal.
Love that! Thanks for the tip.

I will give it a go with an old pair first, but a silicone lube that's got no solvent in the formula should not harm the glue, foam, plastics, rubber or anything else.

...and with that, I think I'm done with the 36.
Lucky to obtain all the pairs I really wanted. (all at retail)
There are others that I might add at a later time (Infrared, Sunsets)
This has been a great basketball sneaker with a lot of fun and different colorways.
RUIs >>> by far!

the dreaded squeak. I use powder. lots and lots of powder on those tiny holes.

Anyone else get some squeaking with their pairs? I'm assuming it's from the friction between the double zoom bags.
All the time. But I’m in orthotics so I am right on top of the bag and closer to it then the regular insert would allow for. Got a couple of pair of these and the bags are not as inflated or noticeable on all pairs. Some feel bouncy and others like nothing is there.

Even when I had the stock insert, they still squeaked.

Had the same forefoot squeak when I tried 37’s with my insert and without at the store.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom