Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Good evening, if you don’t mind me asking why didn’t you like the XXXI or XXXIV? Or what would you change? Thank you

The 31 and 34 had potential. They blew it with the materials. They should have used leathers and suedes, classic materials. Still, the 31 was decent in certain colorways. The 34 is a flimsy piece of ****.

true, I’m only in the new sig air jordan threads Mainly. I’ve loved the 31,34 and 35 recently tho. I think Tate has done a way betterjob than tinker did with his last few efforts.

I don’t think Tinker has nailed it recently either but I don’t think Tate has done a great job himself. He’s had some real stinkers, 32, 33, these 36s. And, his designs always come with trash materials. Like I said above the designs of the 31 and 34 had potential, but they blew it on the materials. The 35 was ok. I’m kinda indifferent on it at this point.

With the 6 being my fav silhouette, I had high hopes for the 36, but that is honestly a bit disappointing. Will need to see more, but not seeing a lot of elements reminding of a 6 outside of that diamond.

zGHQb4O.gif

Those are kool if we're talking about on-court, I guess.

Show me a dope fit with any of those joints you just mentioned though.

You cant....respectfully lol

Seems so early for these to even leak. Usually the flagship isn’t dropped until fall. I get the pandemic has altered releases and such, but it’s just May and athletes have them in hand (and that doesn’t look to be a weartest model either)!

JS”

Well if I remember correctly the first XXX1's were officially presented in July and came out in limited numbers in August with the Olympic colorways...given there will be Olympics Games this summer, that is most probably be the explanation why we're seeing them so early as the OG is one of the best platform to unveil a new product globaly. Every Olympic Games or just before we see Nike releasing new models as well as sime sort of press release about innovative products beforehand.

Last edited:
I like the fact we get an early look this year and I really like what I'm seeing so far. I think these will be great.

The sleek upper (from what’s seen) , top down view remind me of a zipped XX8, along with the midsole curvature details. I’m so glad they SHRUNK the jupiter plate. I hope they brought back the moderator CF plate - the REAL centerpiece for unlocked Zoom.

The timing is odd- definitely— looks like an authorized move w/ the real deal shoe— she still has the vid clip on her IG 😂..cudos to JB for giving the ladies the opportunity to move the needle. Maybe next we’ll see Luka or Tatum break these during the playoffs.

Just below the ankle collar on the lateral side looks like that infinity tattoo MJ has...

Also, I see almost zero aj6 nods other than the tongue lace pouch feature. While I hated how on the nose the 32 was to the 2, I would like to see a tad more incorporation in the 36 from the 6. I think the 34 and 35 did a good job at that balance

With the 6 being my fav silhouette, I had high hopes for the 36, but that is honestly a bit disappointing. Will need to see more, but not seeing a lot of elements reminding of a 6 outside of that diamond.

If it doesn't have a high tongue with holes in it to aid with putting them on, then it doesn't have anything in common with the VI. It's my favorite Jordan number as well. The color we see is obviously a PE. Give me a black/infrared or a white/infrared or a white/sport blue color way and good pictures and then we can discuss. Fingers crossed.

Those are kool if we're talking about on-court, I guess.

Show me a dope fit with any of those joints you just mentioned though.

You cant....respectfully lol

Yes those I listed are more for on court, but the point is, they looked and felt like Air Jordan’s. The lines, materials, details, inspirations, etc. They still made you feel something. These newer versions don’t have that at all.

Also, I see almost zero aj6 nods other than the tongue lace pouch feature. While I hated how on the nose the 32 was to the 2, I would like to see a tad more incorporation in the 36 from the 6. I think the 34 and 35 did a good job at that balance
If it doesn't have a high tongue with holes in it to aid with putting them on, then it doesn't have anything in common with the VI. It's my favorite Jordan number as well. The color we see is obviously a PE. Give me a black/infrared or a white/infrared or a white/sport blue color way and good pictures and then we can discuss. Fingers crossed.

Somebody posted a screengrab that showed the holes in the tongue are there. We'll just have to patiently wait for better shots and colorways to pass final judgment.

Well if I remember correctly the first XXX1's were officially presented in July and came out in limited numbers in August with the Olympic colorways...given there will be Olympics Games this summer, that is most probably be the explanation why we're seeing them so early as the OG is one of the best platform to unveil a new product globaly. Every Olympic Games or just before we see Nike releasing new models as well as sime sort of press release about innovative products beforehand.

Solid observation. I could see the debut of the sneaker during the Olympics (assuming they still proceed with such given the backlash, but thats an aside) which might make more sense as to why these are being leaked so early.

I remember Jordan wore the 7 all season and then wore the Olympic 7 during the dream team run. I would have liked to have seen the same run of sorts with the 35. It would have been nice to push a few more solid colorways of the 35 (that actually saw availability / release to the public) , but that ship has more than likely sailed.

Nonetheless, I’m excited for them. Jordan puts out quality performers. I know there are a lot who just care about casual appeal but I hoop so I’m looking forward to the true unveil.

JS”

Back
Top Bottom