AIR MAX 93 pics/discussion/appreciation

I remember a while back someone claiming the change in air that is used in bubbles force nike to make the change. no clue how true that is. maybe with the 270 theres hope

Its true they changed the air you can read about it here https://www.defynewyork.com/2012/02...air-units-the-answer-sf6-sulfur-hexafluoride/

Still, I find it hard to believe that they cannot use this same technology and more environmentally friendly air and not make the air unit the same size as the OG.

Its true they changed the air you can read about it here https://www.defynewyork.com/2012/02...air-units-the-answer-sf6-sulfur-hexafluoride/

Still, I find it hard to believe that they cannot use this same technology and more environmentally friendly air and not make the air unit the same size as the OG.
I totally agree with you people say about us purists were too fussy lol this is just Nike not appreciating the culture the way they make out they do and caring only about profits etc... but if we loved the way they looked back then I’m sure the younger generation would Appreciate our era too!!!

Like I totally get the dangerous gasses thing the German scientists pointed out! But why reduce the Air Units!

I’m just happy to have a fresh pair.
205CA11C-1D0F-461E-829F-FFA370D3282D.jpeg

Was trying a easy/lazy way to strip paint, some of the nubuck/suede peeled off in the process. Should have just left them how I purchased them with the yellowed midsole.

I totally agree with you people say about us purists were too fussy lol this is just Nike not appreciating the culture the way they make out they do and caring only about profits etc... but if we loved the way they looked back then I’m sure the younger generation would Appreciate our era too!!!

Younger generation will buy them anyway Nike gives it to them. They'll say things like the Jumpman looks better on the heel of a retro 3 you older guys need to move on and stop complaining and be the same people to go crazy and declare how they are all about the OG when Nike Air comes back. Truth of the matter is they don't know any better and I wouldn't be surprised if its a younger person working at the brand coming in the forums to defend these BS moves.

Anyhow on that note this 180 retro isn't terrible but in all reality its a shell of what the OG was. The last olympic retro was so bad I had so many opportunities to buy them on the cheap and just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is what it is though salute to all that have copped and enjoyed their purchase

Younger generation will buy them anyway Nike gives it to them. They'll say things like the Jumpman looks better on the heel of a retro 3 you older guys need to move on and stop complaining and be the same people to go crazy and declare how they are all about the OG when Nike Air comes back. Truth of the matter is they don't know any better and I wouldn't be surprised if its a younger person working at the brand coming in the forums to defend these BS moves.

Anyhow on that note this 180 retro isn't terrible but in all reality its a shell of what the OG was. The last olympic retro was so bad I had so many opportunities to buy them on the cheap and just couldn't bring myself to do it. It is what it is though salute to all that have copped and enjoyed their purchase
I agree with you except for you old guys part lol and maybe there could be a younger guy who works at the brand defending what direction Nike is going in totally!

Put them on as soon as they arrived last night...can’t complain could maybe have gone a half size down but the 11 I got fits well

Very huarache-esque when you look down from above

I agree with you except for you old guys part lol and maybe there could be a younger guy who works at the brand defending what direction Nike is going in totally!

haha true indeed because its more of a sneaker enthusiast thing than necessarily an age thing. A friend of mine over at adidas was telling me years back why some of our retro's are butchered and its because there are people working at these companies that may have a design background but no knowledge about the history of the shoes. They don't know why certain design characteristics are important to us and so they change them or take it upon themselves to "improve" upon them

haha true indeed because its more of a sneaker enthusiast thing than necessarily an age thing. A friend of mine over at adidas was telling me years back why some of our retro's are butchered and its because there are people working at these companies that may have a design background but no knowledge about the history of the shoes. They don't know why certain design characteristics are important to us and so they change them or take it upon themselves to "improve" upon them
Let’s get it clear though I’m really happy with the 2018 93 we’re moving in a better direction and maybe just maybe when it comes to them releasing for its 30th anniversary they would of took it old school and brang back it’s big booty!

Let’s get it clear though I’m really happy with the 2018 93 we’re moving in a better direction and maybe just maybe when it comes to them releasing for its 30th anniversary they would of took it old school and brang back it’s big booty!
And honestly If Nike ever come across this forum I would personally consign my OGS for them to work from so they could replicate the masterpiece lol

Put them on as soon as they arrived last night...can’t complain could maybe have gone a half size down but the 11 I got fits well

Very huarache-esque when you look down from above

They have the same toe box pretty much

Back
Top Bottom