Air Max Uptempo 2 (new pics on Marqueesole) via Sneakernews...

I received my pair today. Yeah the air bag is a light pale yellow, definitely not volt and not maize like the '06 retro. The blue mesh is a slightly brighter shade of blue this time, which is nice. However the black netting over the blue is still too closely weaved to let much of the blue show through which kills the colorblocking of the shoe IMO.

However the biggest mistake this time around is the white leather overlays that connect to the lacing system. I can't believe no one has pointed this out (I overlooked it too). The OG pair and the previous retros had the white leather overlay and then sticking out from behind it a black nubuck (I assume it was nubuck) section that actually connected to the lacing tabs. On the new retro both overlays are white leather. This is beyond lazy on Nike's part. My pair will definitely be returned. Overall quality is fine, materials might actually be a little better this time around.

I'll post pics below and hopefully you guys understand what I'm talking about with the overlays. In every pic, the new version is on the left , 2011 retro is on the right.

Last edited:
Got mine in today. They fit smaller/tighter than I remember.

Unfortunately, I will be returning mine since they don't fit.

However the biggest mistake this time around is the white leather overlays that connect to the lacing system. I can't believe no one has pointed this out (I overlooked it too). The OG pair and the previous retros had the white leather overlay and then sticking out from behind it a black nubuck (I assume it was nubuck) section that actually connected to the lacing tabs. On the new retro both overlays are white leather. This is beyond lazy on Nike's part.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Holy moly. Are you kidding me? That basically ruins the shoe in my opinion. WTF Nike? As I mentioned, I don't really care about the airbag coloring, but that right there is whackamole. I'd send those back, too. Like, the hell is the logic employed by these guys sometimes? Wow. 
mean.gif

A shame to see....and they were finally getting close to having the royal blue underlay the right shade. Too bad they do not consult NT before giving the green light on retros such as these, haha!!

These definitely fit a little more snug like I Am Si Guy I Am Si Guy mentioned and compared to the quickstrikes it looks like nike made these smaller/sleeker

But i think after a few wears these will break in which i do hope so because the 2011s to this date has been the most comfortable retro ive ever wore

And the white overlaps kinda bothered me at first buti grew into them plus this is the only retro we'll get for these in a brick and i dogged my '11s to death so for under retail im contempt

I grabbed a pair from NDC. Shout out to the post above pointing out the backing pod shape color thing, I was wondering why something looked off.

They kinda fit like a new pair of foams out of the box.

If these were more wide spread I would chance it but I jumped on that $126 free ship. Already below retail and they had my size. I went a half size up based on y'all reviews.

FSR back up on NDC. Was able to checkout with a 13. Ebates has 10% cash back as well.

Back
Top Bottom