Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

^thx SinnerP.. just picked them up with free ground shipping. Anyone ordering from Midwest, use code: TNISNESU

Sweet deal dude... thanks...

be sure to come back when you get them and give us some feedback... will you be using them for tennis???

Nah... I'm just a sneakerhead that loves retros.. and I'm kind of tired of the AF1s/Dunks at the moment.. so this came at the perfect time to fill thevoid. These are straight fire imo. Looking forward to the black/grey pair as well that Wally posted.

I cant seem to get that midwestsports link to work. its on the main page, as coming soon in a little jpeg, but once you click on it, nothing shows up.

i did notice these were on nike.com via a google search. but a search within the website doesnt come up with the model yet.

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=n...cid-1/gid-176580/pid-176578&re=US&co=US&la=EN

Anyday now itll be released.

Corrupt, are you sure youre order wasnt canceled and went through? Looks to may have been a premature release on their website, if now 4 hours later, theresalmost no sign of them existing. Unless there sold out and were erased from the site.

wow, I just checked the link and its not there anymore... the image on the front page has also changed to 'Coming Soon'... maybe Midwest jumped the gunon these...

The email I received said the order went through, it has not been canceled yet, guess I better call...:

Thank you for ordering from Midwest Sports online! We appreciate
your business and we hope you will be pleased with your purchase.

We successfully received the following order placed by you
from our website:

Order Date: 6/22/2008

Order Detail:
Item: 324753-101 - Nike Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Tennis Shoes Mens 324753-101 - 15 - 1 - $80.00

Item Subtotal: $80.00
Order Total: $80.00

UPDATE: Just spoke to Midwest.. those that were able to order this morning... your orders are valid and they will ship on the 27th. They did jump the gun butare honoring anyone that ordered this AM, otherwise, they should post back on the site on or around the 27th.

Chuuuuuch! Will be getting these. Ill check the site again on the 27th. Thanx everyone.

definitely copping at least one pair. the mesh tongue looks sick and it appears to me they've used some kind of extra durable material on the toe, thoughthe smoky sole and seamless toe will be missed. i've wanted a pair of these since i first saw them on the nike concepts website and finally copped a pairlast year for about 60 or 70 on rif.la and those are getting beat from using them at the gym. so excited for the chlorophyll c/w.

I'll eventually scoop one as well. I been playin a lot these days and the turf trainers have been getting abused.

thanks for the latest info corrupt. that gives me about a week to scrap some money together for atleast my first pair of these.

Bored on a sunday night, I did some preliminary comparison shots. Those that love these shoes will be appreciative of the noticable and not sonoticeable differences:

-I tried my best to match the lighting from the midwestsports shots. It really seems like the 2008s feature a brighter more authentic to 1987 green color, aswell as the grey being a bit brighter and more blueish tint. For now though that could be simply a lighting issue. we shall see soon enough.

Construction wise and aside from a toebox with exposed double stitching, the shoe seems to be constructed the same exact way. The stitching method and formseems to be identical. as well as the shape. .A list is below the photo of the cosmetic changes. Im sure ill get to the material changes later on. like the XDRrubber vs rubber from the 2004

newaztt1.jpg

Quick rundown of the differences. many noted before in this thread, finally 100% confirmed.

1. Embosed swoosh is gone. in is a full stitched swoosh
2.forefoot see through smoked outrigger gone. in is a solid grey outrigger.
3.seamless toebox out. in is a double stitched exposed toebox piece with a different material composition than that of the 2004. 2004 featured that soft deerskin leather on the grey upper as well as the toebox piece. 2008 has a newer strong toebox material but the same deerskin grey upper.
4.Tongue tag of the 2004s featured a timless NIKE Swoosh design with zoom trainer below matching that of other trainer tongue tags. (ie sc trainer and trainer1 low).
b093572a4db9668dca14c9edbbfe543e2065013.pjpg
d32253e43e69cceacd5b4cc38b7450efc586636.pjpg
d5a1504c61cfcfb08fd56f2a0dfa38e7f813170.pjpg

In its place for 2008 is a generic all black and white NIKE ZOOM TRAINER tongue tag.

5. White leather ran up the entire tongue in the 2004s. With expose holes like that on the toebox, this was a truely seamless look. In for the 2008s though, isa MESH tongue.the mesh material matches the grey mesh sockliner.
6. 2004 midsole consisted of that smoked see through shank plant design. out for 2008. In that place is a generic grey bottom. No biggie here. After just 3wears, the see through shank plate is no longer see through.
7.Morse Code on heel of shoe is out. 2008 features nothing but the material itself back there.
8. Lastly, this ones harder to see.The toebox and the inner part of the shoe feature those holes/circles of varying sizes in a linear design. Underneath thoseholes consists of a mess underlay. In the 2004s the underlay was black and grey, making those holes stand out just alittle more. The 2008s seem to feature awhite mess underlay.

missed out the first go round, need a few pairs this time. hope they're made in a 14.

great work wally... and it kinda looks like the ankle area on the 08's are a bit higher... which I prefer...

when the Midwest Sports page was temporarily up, the sizes went up to 15s... I dunno if the was their default sneaker size drop-down menu, or that theyactually have size 15's... but we'll find out for sure on the 27th thanks to Corrupt...

Looooove the Zoom Trainer 1. Missed them the first time. Maybe this time. Only just got some OG color Air Trainer 1's this year.

It's a pity to see these changes. My guess is that with the effort that went into making and marketing the ZT1 they were probably disappointed that theydidn't blow up huge. They may be doing this release as a second try to make back some money on the development costs by re-purposing them. Mac famouslywore the AT1 so it is a smart way to market these if they tie them to him and sell them to tennis players.

Wally, how is the trainer scene man? Thanks for the pics - you know I love this stuff!!!

Oh, btw people, just a reminder, there is no such thing as an Air Trainer 2 or 3. The retro shoe with Air Trainer 3 on the box is the Air Trainer SC 1. Theretro shoe with Air Trainer SC on the box is the Air Trainer SC 3. Since they retroed the SC 3 as the Air Trainer SC already they couldn't call the realAir Trainer SC the correct name so they made up the name Air Trainer 3. Then everyone asked where the Air Trainer 2 was since no one could remember one...

Sigh...

whats up air elijah. that wordage confuses the heck out of me. thank you nike. what is the trainer 2? I thought it was the still unreleased sc II, with theremoveable strap. I dont recall any sort of retro being called the air trainer 2 except for the "tw ii" which they do call the trainer 2. is that thetrainer 2 referenced in the post?

maybe i'm making it more complicated. I know of the trainer "sc I" which like you said is called the air trainer III as retros. the medicine ballshoe. Then you have the real "sc III" aka the auburn tigers bright orange and blue trainer, which on the retro box is called the air trainer sc HIGH.

I just recall the sc I's and sc III's being mixed up on retro names. never the "2s".

don't get me started on the utter FLOP the trainers faced in 2004. thats about the year I really got into shoes. that whole rebirth thing actuallypropelled my interest in nike exponentially. It definetly didnt propel others. to this day i feel the ft 1 low, or firsttake trainer should have been one ofthe bigger releases of this decade. there was so much story and history behind it that I figured nike would either do big things, or people would want it.instead people barely know it exists. thats why i bought doubles of all those 2004 and in the case of the zoom trainer ,5 pairs. I didnt know this day wouldcome again. Bitter sweet dream come true i suppose

Originally Posted by Air Elijah

Oh, btw people, just a reminder, there is no such thing as an Air Trainer 2. That's just Nike being lazy. The retro shoe with Air Trainer 2 on the box is the Air Trainer SC 1. The retro shoe with Air Trainer SC onthe box is the Air Trainer SC 3. Since they retroed the SC 3 as the Air Trainer SC already they couldn't call the Air Trainer SC the correct name so they made up the name Air Trainer 2.

Sigh...

Yeah... I dunno if its just laziness or lack of researching effort, but I just don't understand why Nike's slapping all these different names onto thesame shoes... plus those 'Air Trainer 2' were, if memory serves, the Air Trainer TW... its like the Air Tech Challenge... the original Air TechChallenge III were retroed as the "Air Tech Challenge", while the Air Tech Challenge II were retroed with the correct name... this probably isn'ta big deal for some people but I just feel that the least Nike could do is get the names right...
Sidenote - SCII's need to be retroed... in infraredtoo!

Ah Wally, yeah I stuffed up, I meant to say Air Trainer 3. The Medicine Ball retros and the other colors had Air Trainer III on the box right? Which ledeveryone to ask where was the Air Trainer 2. I corrected my post.

I thought I would post that little bit because the original post described these shoes as an Air Trainer 1 and 2 hybrid. It's a bit hard to be a hybrid oftwo products if one of them doesn't even exist....

After the Air Trainer High and Low they diversified the line into the Air Cross Trainer, Air Trainer SC and Air Trainer TW lines. The Air Cross Trainercontinued to at least a 5th iteration. There were 3 or 4 TWs and 3 SCs before they changed the names up again.

Nike, please bring back some more old trainers. Thanks.
smile.gif

Damn these look good. Will be picking up one pair for retail, and hoping they hit the outlets with a DEEP discount again.

The CabDv Store will be hooking everyone on NT up once again for retail($80) + shipping please email [email protected] to put your name down to reserve a pair,they are doing the same thing they did on the structures. Im a little dissapointed that Mac didnt show up on the final released tongue...

some uneventful news today. I compared the color code and text of the 2008s with the 2004s.

TThe 2008 color code is 101 and reads: White/Black-Cool Grey-Green Spark

The 2004 zoom trainer was a 001 and read: Light Graphite/Black- White/-Mean Green

Who knows how that will truely translate onto the shoes, as ive seen various shades of "green spark" on various nike shoes and apparrel show up asdifferent colors on each item.

my hunch is that the green will be a little bit darker and more vibrant of a color (with less yellow), and the grey will be alittle bit lighter than the 2004s.Which actually coincides perfectly with the trainer 1 originial colors. They were pretty darn close the first time around, and now they have gotten evencloser. Nike at its best.

Where has green spark been all these years?

Im only a little bit disappointed that Johnny Mac didnt appear on the final releases tongue. Overall i cant wait to wear these even on the court. Super lightweight.

Got a nice surprise today... the trainers were on my door step when I arrived home. I checked Midwest and they still are not on the site yet, so be on thelook out, they must be popping up soon. Here are some pics... and all I can say is RIDICULOUSLY comfortable... best $80 I've spent in a long time:

dvom82.jpg

35jksxy.jpg

zvbpc.jpg

2ibm0yx.jpg

rmoeq1.jpg

125iafd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom