AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

my store in RI has 24 pairs. Im going to pass. loved these as a kid, but now I hate how these look. good luck to everyone copping

Ok, at first I wasnt going to trip off of the fact that theses have no 3m and still have a price hike.. I was going to cop a few pair, but now I see they are going to drop a retro 1 covered in 3m, and the price will be less than $140... I am now passing on the 13's until they do them right....

I have the 6 rings that are covered in the reflective material.  No hype on those at all.  But i still got compliments on them.  Almost never wear them.  And I hate the fact that the ice blue bottom turns color over time.  Really no avoiding that.  and I know, ya'll hate the 6 rings.  Before you start goin crazy on me lol.

Last edited:
Well this just turned into online or bust for me. Unless there are pairs left over after I get out of OT. $50/hr > standing in line for shoes.

Creasing on the toe of the XIIIs never bothered me. I understand dudes want to keep their pairs looking fresh, but I just can't sacrifice comfort for that.

u don't sacrifice comfort as force fields are soft. u simply go .5 up on size.
I've had them before in the past and tried them with AF1s, SB Dunks, etc, but they just never felt comfortable for me, even if I did go up in size. Even with the creasing, I'd rather just wear the shoes how they were designed to be worn and not have a plastic thing at the toe. That's just me though.

1357453727361m0.jpg

1357453727520m2.jpg

1357453727306m5.jpg

1357453727183m4.jpg

1357453727863m6.jpg

1357453727854m7.jpg

13574537274m1.jpg

FNL Mobile trick worked on my iPhone 5 for Bred 11s on RD....
WHat is the FNL Mobile trick?
Basically get an iphone ipad or device that allows mobile browsing. On RD going on the mobile finishline site which is- m.finishline.com and type in what you are looking for ie- Jordan 13 and you should find the shoe you want. Proceed to checkout like you would normally on a mobile site and viola your done.....

I did this for the Bred 11's

I tried for the Knicks 1's and did not succeed (I have a feeling since it is so well known now that I needed to be extremely fast (they sold out really quick) to get them)

P.S.- User beware with this method there is a possibility that it will crash and you will have to hit back on your browser and re-enter again.... If that happens you may have the infamous triple (or more) charge from finishline that will provide you with no shoes and money being held by FNL... So use at your own risk....

Last edited:
Am I reaching or does the slight shimmer on the '13 version look better than the full on shine of the previous versions?

I'm not advocating paying more for less, but I never did like that that black was almost completely overtaken by the reflecting light.

And beside buying what you like is there any logical reason to buy a shoe that is 12yo +. You're paying more for degraded materials DS or not.

Worked with me also. Twice. I've done the mobile method since the Bred's and I haven't had any issues since. 
Got a restock from Champs of the MBJ IX's on Christmas day on an iPad mini. Maybe the mobile devices/tablets are routed to the site differently.

i dont know how ppl order from fnl sometimes since my cc never goes through during checkout on big releases. they seriously need to revamp that whole checkout system of theirs.
It's improved drastically since '11 though lol. It took me three hours to check out with the Concord XI's.

Am I reaching or does the slight shimmer on the '13 version look better than the full on shine of the previous versions?

I'm not advocating paying more for less, but I never did like that that black was almost completely overtaken by the reflecting light.

And beside buying what you like is there any logical reason to buy a shoe that is 12yo +. You're paying more for degraded materials DS or not.
You're reaching.

The 3M upper doesn't "overtake" the black unless you're taking a pic with flash of the shoes or looking at the shoe at certain angles under light. It's not like you're constantly gonna have flash lights or cameras aimed at the shoes anyway. Besides, to me, the 3M is really what made this colorway stand out/unique. Otherwise, I'd just scoop up something like Playoff XIIIs since they have a leather upper, and leather > mesh every time to me if there's nothing else special about the mesh. But if 3M is really not your thing, I guess these '13s are perfect for you...

Yes, '04s are 8-9 years old, and the OGs are about 14-15 years old. But they were made with better materials to begin with, and my '04s are still holding up just fine. The XIIIs are also one of the more durable models that JB has ever made, so they're not really gonna be "degrading" like the older IIIs-Vs where the midsole start crumbling over time. Hell I still wear my OG White/Black XIIIs with no issues. Unless you're planning to play ball in these or make them into an everyday beater, there shouldn't be any problems with them holding up. The only real potential issue would be sole separation, and even then that's not really a hard fix IMO.

Only real reason for me to get a pair of '13 Black/Red XIIIs would be if I just want a pair of Black/Red XIII beaters or a pair to ball in for nostalgia.

Last edited:
Champs gave out tickets at 8 this morning. only had like 8 tickets. 1 of each size, n no half sizes after 11. either employees took or these are limited. I'm thinking employees dipped in.

Ok, at first I wasnt going to trip off of the fact that theses have no 3m and still have a price hike.. I was going to cop a few pair, but now I see they are going to drop a retro 1 covered in 3m, and the price will be less than $140... I am now passing on the 13's until they do them right....

Definitely should have assumed that the JB BHM contribution this year would be the I. Eh..not bad, but not great either. I'm good on them. I'm actually not feeling how they look when the 3m is "activated" (is that the right term? i dunno...)

yep

my first choice is eastbay because im a platinum member so they dont charge tax or shipping plus i receive 2 day shipping

Eastbay is terrible with limited releases. Sometimes it's worth it to pay that tax so you get the shoes.

I have the 6 rings that are covered in the reflective material.  No hype on those at all.  But i still got compliments on them.  Almost never wear them.  And I hate the fact that the ice blue bottom turns color over time.  Really no avoiding that.  and I know, ya'll hate the 6 rings.  Before you start goin crazy on me lol.

Lol, I have those too. Hardly wear them. I'm trying to get rid of them. :smh:

yep

my first choice is eastbay because im a platinum member so they dont charge tax or shipping plus i receive 2 day shipping

Eastbay is terrible with limited releases. Sometimes it's worth it to pay that tax so you get the shoes.
I paid tax on my Eastbay order for the Knicks 1's..... What state are you in? I know the law says as long as you have a presence in the state you will have to charge tax to the customers..... NY is broke so they have been hitting all online retailers to do this..... They have been winning too.....

glad i paid what i did for these
the 13's are not going to be as easy to get as people think

Think so? I respect your opinion...and I know NDC has a 1 per customer limit for these (usually an indication of production numbers and availability)...

I generally don't have a problem copping anything in my city, but I will take heed to your warning and make sure I'm at my spot(s) nice and early. Keep doin ya thing 160...

Oh, and who is homegirl in your avi?!

I usually go to the store a little side showe shop , DTRL , Jimmy Jazz and get my shoes. Or send my wife while im @ work

I stay near the compute just in case i have to order online but she always get em.

I think i am going to order online for these Im not in any rish but want to make sure i secure me a pair

Whats the experience for ordering from footlocker online . If if these drop on Friday and you order when would you get the shoes ?

Pros and Con of ordering online

Think i will do the same for the 5's coming soon

Hey bud, you bring up a good point regarding 3M on the Retro I and the lack of 3M on these. They know that these will sell out regardless so the onus on them is to manufacture it as cheap as possible. It's shameful but as long as they keep getting sellouts the shoes will continue to be gutted.

damn jb thats how you fell 3m on a pos 1's cw with a nice insole but not on the xiii's :smh: :smh: i might seriously pass now

Struck out on local raffles. Looks like its online for me.
How much you guys think resale prices will be? Cause I have awful luck at ordering online

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom