AJ XXX (30)

There are a 29 variant.  There's no way these are the XXXs!  Despite all the JB letdowns, there's no way they're this pathetic.  Similar to the 29 v1, I'm sure this would be a great performing shoe; however, as a 30 they don't deserve to sell any of these!  It's gotta be a huge ruse....

View media item 1860296

Dude at the begining of the thread did say that they were basically a elite 29 , so i cant say im surprised ...pretty sure theyll be G.O.A.Ts on the court tho....but still...cmon b....dis da best they can come up with design wise...boooooo

Box > Shoes

Last edited:
All that time we waited for these shoes. [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

They dont look bad. But the fact that they look way too much alike to the 29 makes it lame. The sole is a Recycling of 90% of the 29.
And that took so long to release?

Last edited:
I'm stunned. JB for the first time in the Air Jordan signature history has recycled the sole and midsole! Hoping that there are some details that make this shoe more attractive. I do like the upper design better than the XX9 but man!! I just cant believe it.

They must be reaching the limits of technology with making the signature shoe.

The 31 better be absolutely spectacular! And hopefully on the 14th we get a nice preview of upcoming colorways and something said about the 31 because this is unbelievable to make everyone wait this LONG for a 29.5!
mean.gif
mad.gif
sick.gif

i kinda like them. not bad, but not great. with the all early information we were getting I guess I can easily say most of us were expecting something "better" than the XX9, but the XX9 sets a such high bar it is very hard to make something better. 

It's really a double edged sword with the XXX. They need to keep the performance aspect of the XX9, but at the same time it's very hard to make a completely new shoe if they are doing that. It'll be really interesting to see what they will say on announcement day. 

these to me is like the change from the 3 to the 4 to me. 

i will wait for these to hit discount before buying tho since every signature shoes these past couple year end up being super discounted. 

@2396Bullz  i'm sure the traction pattern is different. you can sort of see it in the pic, but yea, basically the same tooling with different patterns. it's sort of like the Curry 1 and the Clutch Fit Drive. 

Last edited:
jordan brand should just give up on the marquee yearly shoe

all the shoes since the air jordan 2011 have been trash

Honest [emoji]128169[/emoji] to the fullest... Stop while they are ahead..... Go out with a bang.... Don't go out with bad rep/negative feedback.... XXX should be it, shut it down. Pay more attention to older models and figure out a set pattern for those releases..... Locate better materials,better workers you know really REMASTER the brand...

IDK what they are thinking.

This shoe to me isn't aesthetically appealing as a Jordan "game" shoe.

However, I think I saw on twitter that they have found release dates already for the the 31.

So with that I assume they know this shoe is basura.

Anyone else see those release dates for the Air Jordan 31?

-Peace

We need to see what jordan scratched to have this as the replacement.
agreed. at first I was thinking maybe these are what was scrapped and we will see something else on the 14th. but now I'm thinking it's more likely that these are the replacement since it reused a lot of the 29 stuff. maybe they didn't want to take the time or effort to come up with something else from scratch?

I think it's safe to assume the original plan was scrapped. From the changing of the Jordan xxx clothing from "XXX" hoodie to blackcat hoodie, and now we don't see any of that print at all on the shoe. Also the 2 version idea that one would be leather and one version a textile version. Seems like we won't be seeing that now.

I still can't believe they're using the same midsole/outsole setup. All I see that's different is one little divit on the medial side. The rest is identicle.

This shoe is a transitional shoe at this point...to the 31. I doubt there will be a big rollout of colorways, maybe a few (BHM, USA, traditional Bred, xmas) but it's not like they can skip a number...SOMETHING had to be released. They tinkered (no pun) with this design enough and are putting it out there

I find the lack of imagination a little disturbing, guess they are not realizing that the hype is gone and the bubble is about to pop. 

^I agree. I think these were the original 30's before being scrapped.
I think those are just JB's version of these casual shoes.

doubt they would make those the sig but then again the 28 looks kinda like these

perhaps they tried to be bolder this time and mimic the sole too? those lines on the side remind me of the lines on the 20 sole.

maybe they tried to do some form of IPS cushioning under there mixed with the unlocked zoom stuff they been using?

Last edited:
Same sole, midsole, and upper. No creativity at all. Just threw a triple X on the sole of a 29 and called it the 30.

You can't even say "But they're performance beasts though" because it's the same exact shoe from last year. Just cop a 29. They look better anyway.

JB division hasn't release much of anything worth mentioning over it's 19 year history. Especially when you step outside the Jordan line. It runs solely based off the strength of the Jumpman and retro models. MJ has to be so grateful that he played at the same time tinker was at his best, because if he started his career 15 years later, he'd be doomed. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Jordan brand doesn't leak anything for nearly 2 yrs and weeks before their "major" unveil they let some dude take it to their hotel room and post it on Facebook. Maybe they did it so we would be less disappointed on the actual unveil lol.

I think they look pretty good and as a fan of the xx9 I'm sure they'll be great, but completely agree it's a letdown That they didn't tweak things more. Definitely more of a 29.5

Curious to know if they changed anything at all about the zoom setup

I got a feeling these won't sell well. They literally just slapped the XXX branding on the heel and called it 30. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Basically they failed miserably at whatever they were originally attempting to do and hastily threw something together with the same platform as the 29...complete joke.

They don't look terrible but people are going to notice it's the exact same midsole/outsole, that's lazy as hell. I can't wait to hear their lofty design language try to say something like "if it ain't broke don't fix it" :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom