AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

Originally Posted by Phase2x

Honestly, if I came across a good variant pair of black/gold I's in my size, I would buy them only if they were cheap. I don't care what anyone says. It'll be the closest thing to a pair for me to own and that would temporarily satisfy my needs. I wouldn't tell people they were real, I would use them for pictures purposes to show everyone why they are variants. But like I said, it would only be if they were for a decent price. There are so many fakes out there of them that people all over the world just bid on every auction in hopes that they are real.

-Jermaine
CO SIGNED
smile.gif

Jwdanklefs : IMO, I don't think MJ would know more than us about the 85's, but definitely TINKER.H (even if he wasn't the actual designer for them) would be helpful.

Originally Posted by sunshining7

Mrmar23, tks for the info.
By the way do you remember that black gold from thailand about a year ago too that went off ebay for 1500$ ? I was the winner and never received them (I got the refund though)

does anyone know anything about this pair? were they legit?

Do you mean the one that had the black/gold box also? If so yes that was a fake. A very good one also. So good thing you got a refund.

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

I wish MJ himself would just log on and solves this mystery!!!! lol

Trust me he doesn't even know or care to remember. I think Peter Moore is the guy we would need.

Originally Posted by Phase2x

Honestly, if I came across a good variant pair of black/gold I's in my size, I would buy them only if they were cheap. I don't care what anyone says. It'll be the closest thing to a pair for me to own and that would temporarily satisfy my needs. I wouldn't tell people they were real, I would use them for pictures purposes to show everyone why they are variants. But like I said, it would only be if they were for a decent price. There are so many fakes out there of them that people all over the world just bid on every auction in hopes that they are real.

This would be an interesting post, I would like to see the difference and pin point how they came so close to the real thing. I do think that someone with close ties to the shoe was making them and that is why most fakes come out of the japanese market. I have yet to see one that was on US soil. Besides that real one that sold for 20k.

Peter Moore exactly ! he would definitely know.
I also believe after being in Japan and seeing some "doctored" shoes in famous shops,

that it is the place they make it. In China, their knowledge of the Jordan is too limited,

and they are more focus on mass production of new Jordan release.

Peter Moore... very good point...

Ok so that pic of the guy in front of the vault is the $20k Jordan 1 blk and gold... What yall are saying is it is to be the ONLY authentic one made from 85?

Also, is it true that exactly 23 authentic colorways of the Jordan 1 were made in 1985?

I understand that little things happened every now and then making some slight varients... Joerdans Tech Challenge V and Georgetown OG1 in a Terminator box, black soles on the black metallic 1s, different color tags or wings logos, blue, white and black colorways and whatever else. I like to think of them as after hours experiments almost. Seems like things in Nike were more lenient then and a factory worker could get a different dye of leather and stamp it out and go make a 1-off shoe in a matter of a few un-attended minutes... So really who knows what all is out there. We know a legit sample, we know a released model, we dont know an un-attended variant made after hours in the same factory...

23 authentic colorways released in 85? and is the $20k blk and gold the only one known of?

The guy holding that pair in the pic told me he thinks a similar pair sold for $25k.

Btw, he auctioned his pair between 2 guys; using a fax, telephone and photos sent in the mail.

hey i know these aren't ones, but I'm guessing they were some sort of competition for them back in the day...and info on these??
d0616a5f16c6ada02ad064d5b01f1ff655e34c9d.jpg

Originally Posted by dunnyy

I don't care about sneakers anymore, but when did R_J come out of hiding?
(I used to be Rare23)
Yea i was about to say the same thing....Retired_Jordan completely vanished after Baby Dill called him out a few years ago for frauding...Anyone saved those famous pictures of his collection back then? Amazing still!!

etebelz > nice pick up

mj234eva > that blk gold I that sold for 25k were a GREAT addition to his/her collection, and a good investment for that buyer too.

jwdanklefs - Great job on those og 1 customs to look like og black toes. Yeah the og black toes are hard to come by now a days. Some people would probably say "Your not suppose to customize jordans" But if you think about it, when do you come across a pair of og black toes?
Ucasta's - Good stuff dude, was looking back at a couple pages, saw how you cleaned the 1's, amazing.

The whole retiredjordans aka Ruben from what I remember from lurking previous posts. All I know is dude scamemd ALOT of people to get the shoes you see now. SMH.
Going through this thread, I probably posted it before, but i'll contribute again.

Not everyday you see a size 4.5 in this colorway.

4045492151_b6afefd053_o.jpg

3119316071_e5c941568a_o.jpg

I am a fan of the og 1's. Nothing else that is "fresh to death". Prob the only pair of ones I'd ever buy.

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

I am a fan of the og 1's. Nothing else that is "fresh to death". Prob the only pair of ones I'd ever buy.
son did Proto smash your girl? You stay firing shots for no reason.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

son did Proto smash your girl? You stay firing shots for no reason.
laugh.gif
Yes he actually did.

So for the past 4 years I have been going into this philly joint called Texadelphia and I have seen this pair of neutral 1985 OG Jordan 1s in a display above the bathroom hall entry. They are in pristine condition, deadstock, never been worn and with the original box and hang tag.
Years back, I asked the proprietor of the resturant where they came from, who they belonged to and what the story was behind them. He said they belonged to him, they were size 11 and that a family friend gave them to him years back. He said the man that gave them to him was ex high school basketball Head Coach here in San Antonio. No names, and school names. He said that in '85 a Nike rep came to the school and dropped off a team size run of these shoes for the '85 Varsity squad. The coach did not like the shoe so he never even told the players about them. Basically, they were put in the attic above the locker room and long since forgotten. On down the road and 2 decades later, cleaning of the attic along with the retirement of the coach led to the taking several pairs. The coach stashed a few pairs away and gave one pair to him.
I had asked over the years if he would sell them but he bounces back and fourth between $1500 and not selling at all. Finally, today, Aaron (Ucasta) and I asked an employee if he could bring them down for a better look and if we could get a few shots of them. With out a wink they were off the shelf and out of the case. Aaron and I admired them for while, shot some pics and then let them go back on the shelf. It was a nice day...

Oh yeah by the way, they weren't sz 11, they were actually sz 10... We were lied too!!!

JWDAN- I love your story dude. Super sick, reminds me of good times I had with my boy Carlos going around the city and looking for old mom pop stores to look for old sneakers.

Very dope pics too
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom