AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Wow, same exact shoe with a diff shade or red. People are actually going to buy into these if they release in the U.S.?

Of course, if these were made of durabuck, understandable.

I don't get why people keep saying this. Buying into what? There is no difference in buying this pack and buying both pairs of varsity reds. I seriously don't see why people would get mad over this. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If someone doesn't have or want the varsity reds, whats wrong with buying these. Some people (including myself) would much rather have infrared than varsity red. I don't care how similar they are, the infrared flat out looks better. I will gladly pay the extra $10 to get infrared.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Wow, same exact shoe with a diff shade or red. People are actually going to buy into these if they release in the U.S.?

I don't get why people keep saying this. Buying into what? There is no difference in buying this pack and buying both pairs of varsity reds. I seriously don't see why people would get mad over this. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If someone doesn't have or want the varsity reds, whats wrong with buying these. Some people (including myself) would much rather have infrared than varsity red. I don't care how similar they are, the infrared flat out looks better. I will gladly pay the extra $10 to get infrared.

No, no one is forcing me to buy this pack, never said anything to that nature, nor am I mad, just saying it's pretty much the same shoe, and JB is just trying to give you a different shade of red so that you will keep on buying while it's a hot topic, and giving you cool packaging.

You are buying into their games, you don't see it?  

Cool bro, go ahead and gladly pay the extra $10 to get the infrared.
smile.gif

What do I know, Jordan Brand in general has been dead for a while, as far as "Finest Quality".

Originally Posted by dtb00201

No, no one is forcing me to buy this pack, never said anything to that nature, nor am I mad, just saying it's pretty much the same shoe, and JB is just trying to give you a different shade of red so that you will keep on buying while it's a hot topic, and giving you cool packaging.

You are buying into their games, you don't see it?  

Cool bro, go ahead and gladly pay the extra $10 to get the infrared.
smile.gif

What do I know, Jordan Brand in general has been dead for a while, as far as "Finest Quality".
I worded that wrong. I wasn't particularly referring to you personally being mad, but I have seen people online absolutely furious and cussing jb out for whatever reason since these pics leaked. As far as me buying into their games, I don't see how I am. Just because I would rather have infrared over varsity red doesn't mean I am playing a game. I just prefer one over the other and that's the extent of it. A lot of people are on here saying there is no difference and people are dumb for buying these or whatever, but I guarentee you if Jordan brand put  infrared 6 and varsity red 6 packages in front of all of you and asked you to choose one, 99% of you would take the infrared over the varsity red. People  need to validate to themselves that the varsity red is somehow better than the infrared because they already shelled out $150 for them.

*edit- Also I am in no way saying the varsity reds are a terrible shoe or that there is anything really wrong with them, I just like the infrared's better. If the infrared's were not coming out I would have no problem buying the varsity reds, but since they are coming out why not buy the one that I feel looks better.

This has turned into the comedy section thread for the Jordan brand message board. Some posts are entertaining and some are outright highlarious.

roll.gif

I think I'll just pick up the Varsity Reds in June also.
If I can find a icy DS pair for a decent price of the 2000 Black Infrared, I'll cop those.

had da black ones been durabuck i would've GLAAAADLY paid retail.....but now i dunno....i really hate that suede, but those white and infrared VI's are something special...

ohwell.gif
decisions....

If these are as easy to obtain as the varsity reds I'll get them. I'm not "chasing" these down.

I only want the White/Infrared VI, but I'm not going to pay 310+ tax for it.

My original plan was to get the package, but that was before I found out there was going to be suede on the black pair, so I'll settle for the White/Varsity-Red VI.

The white infrared VI's look alright to me. I haven't been amazed by a Jordan VI since the carmines came out 2 years ago...having said that, I haven't made a decision quite yet if I'll snag these or the white varsity red VI's....

I think JB made a dumb decision by dropping 2 similar black and white based VI's...but it's a business move and a way to oversaturate the market with the VI model now...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

i honestly cant understand the hype from an economical standpoint.
they are pretty close to the black/varsity reds and the white/varsity reds, which can be had for a discount, yet far enough off from the OGs that they shouldnt satisfy the true collector, especially for the price point.
1 black/vr (75 - 120) + 1 white/vr (75 - 120) = 150 - 240 for the pack
1 infra pack = 310 and if international only at least 400.

just arent different enough to make sense to me money wise.

who will really know the difference between the vr and the infras when they are on your feet?

^^THIS.

The bottom photo is almost 20 years old, not to mention it's a catalogue photo.

Seriously just leave.

Its da same color.....lolz relax folks, one thing Nike is usually accurate wit is describing pigment.

Back
Top Bottom